Eating out decisions

sparty

Gold Member
Can anyone help me decide what to have for dinner Saturday night?! I'm out for a friends birthday and its a set menu. I want to make the best possible choice syn wise. Here is the menu I have to choose from;

http://www.lussmanns.com/Food/party-menu-for-8.html

I am thinking that roasted peppers are good to start (probably need a few syns in case they are cooked in oil)

For main I'm unsure between the pork or steak. I COULD ask for a jacket potato instead of chips but 9oz is a huge steak for me. It's extra money and I know I will not eat it all so it will be wasted.

The pork sounds nice but will the rosemary sauce and pancetta be lots of syns? I can only find syns for packet rosemary sauces (4 syns)

You can always ask for sauces to be served on the side, or simply scrape it away to the side of the plate. Either way, you can have a little taste of it but not eat it all.

My choice for a starter would be the mackerel. And if you like fish - why not try the bouillabaisse? There will be a little oil in it probably, but not much.

And step away from the puddings!! Oh, go on then, have a sorbet!

I like the idea of sauce on the side - good tip!!

I'm good at avoiding pudding as I'm super fussy. I'm not planning to have one but if I change my mind it will be sorbet :)

Thanks for your help!

Back