Eating Out Question...

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Starlight, 10 June 2009 Social URL.

1. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ok I warned you there would be questions ;)

I tend to eat out at least once a week, on WW I had my trust Eating Out Guide so it was fine but I dont want to make bad choices on SW

Im probably going to Frankie & Bennys on Sunday, now Im thinking if I have a pasta dish I should!! be ok but how on earth do you work out the syns in sauce?? Which sauces are best to have??

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. HellieCopter

HellieCopter Gold Member

Start Weight:
    13st2.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7.5lb(19.24%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've been to F&Bs a few times and done ok with eating the SW way (if you can resist temptation!)

Here are the menus
    Main Appetisers | Frankie & Benny's

Something with a plain-ish tomato sauce is best - like the Arrabiata. You'll count syns for the olives and I always allow a few syns for oil used in cooking....which you can also take as a HE if it's olive oil, which it should be.

Salads are ok there too - just ask for dressing on the side and allow some syns if you choose to add them. Caesar or club work well. Club, you'd need to allow syns for the avocado as well.

If you choose an original day or extra easy day, the steaks are a winner. Have a jacket potato with them, enjoy the tomato and mushroom...skip the onion rings though!

4. Emz118

Emz118 Desperate to be slim!

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I agree completely with Hellie.

I would go for something with a tomato sauce, and maybe allow 6 syns for olive oil.

5. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Agree with the girls above! I love F&B's. I have steak, jacket potato (but make sure you say you want it plain!), corn on the cob and salad. EE rules when you eat out.
    Enjoy it!

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I wouldnt have thought of steak!! I think Ill have that the first couple of times since I can calculate that accurately.

7. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    I normally have steak and jacket pot when we go out.Or maybe chicken.

8. Donnie46

Donnie46 Slow but sure....

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    19st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(11.36%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World - Green Days only.
    I think Gemma has the answer, steak or chicken with salad and jacket potato, it's best to stick to that sort of meal until you get into the diet properly, many thanks for info everyone it's been a big help to me too.

9. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)
    Sorry to hijack thread. I also love to eat out/ eat take away (hence the weight), do SW have an eating out guide? I have viewed the insert in the book, however, looking for a little more choice.

thanks

xx

10. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Had a similar dinner to those suggested as I am in a hotel for work at the moment:
    Starter was prawn cocktail and I asked them to put the cocktail sauce on the side. Main was a grilled gammon steak (which I trimmed the fat off) with pineapple a jacket potato and peas- it was LOVELY and all free on EE.
    xxxx

11. MissShiraz

MissShiraz Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    See if you can find a food Directory on Ebay or if you go to class you cna buy from there.

I too am an eating out junkie - but tbh, i use flexi syns - just eat what i want but try and stay on the 'better side' of the menu and then make sure i leave some syns free out of my following days

12. *Sally Cinnamon*

*Sally Cinnamon* Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(6.06%)

will do thanks, usually save syns for drink (my other big downfall)....

xx

13. cakeyourday

cakeyourday Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st7lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I don't really understand EE, like old fashioned reds and greens as thats what I did before and it worked, the great thing about SW is you can choose what suits you.

I always have red days if I am having a nice meal real out because most places do a steak, chicken or fish and the great thing compared to WW is you don't have to think "I wonder how much this weighs and how many points are in it":)

I've also learnt to be a slightly demanding customer (in a very nice way of course) and if the menu says chips with the steak I ask to swap it for new potatoes or a jacket if they are also on the menu elsewhere or otherwise just some veg or a salad so I resist the temptation of it being on my plate and I can save my syns for a few G & Ts :D ( I like a little drinkie too)!!

Good luck and enjoy your meal.

14. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
  15. Gemma1986

Gemma1986 Im just me!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11.5lb(5.9%)
    Oh Sandy. Didnt realise you didnt like them! :(

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.