eating out

mum of 2

Sorry Im still new to this (in my first week) is there any website that tells me what the syns value is for meals Ive eaten out? As a family we like to go out for tea every so often, usually once every 2 to 3 weeks and I would really like to work my syns round that. However, i dont know what the syn values are for certain things.

I got a food information leaflet from Weatherspoons today, but I ordered something that was new and i couldnt put in the values on the syn calculator as i had no idea what the portion size was. I knew how many calories I ate and how much fat etc I ate, but dont know how to convert this to syns. is there anything to help me? Any threads on here with values on for the popular places such as Weatherspoons, wacky warehouse pubs, yates etc? I found similar, but nothing relating to the actual places and the book only gives me food like indian, chinese etc not pub meals.

Thanks

We have an entire forum dedicated to eating out.

You won't find any site that can accurately tell you the syn values for eating out. After all ingredients, cooking method and portion size will vary from place to place.

I assume you are a member as you have access to the syn calculator. Certain restaurants including wetherspoon feature in syns online or as Starlight has said there is a whole forum about eating out and how to do it while remaining on plan.

Thanks for the help. Im affraid I cant find the information I need. The online calculator isnt good when I dont know how many grams it weighed. How am I supposed to know that?

I have looked at the eating out, but it didnt really help me figure out how many syns I had. Like I said Im new to this. I suppose it doesnt help that I had something that was new on the menu.

I will just have to have yesterday as ANOTHER flexiday and make up for it over the next few days. Luckily I havent got any plans to go off track for a while.

You just have to make an educated guess. What did you have? Normally when I go out I make sensible choices so that if I don't know the syn value at least I know I've minimised the damage. it's common sense really eg avoiding deep fried things, or those with cheese or cream sauces, and so on.

By the way it sounds like you've got the wrong idea about flexi syns - they are about planning in advance for a special occasion and allowing yourself more syns on that day. You count your syns as normal and when you reach the figure you allowed yourself you stop. And you don't then try to claw it back over the week, you just go back to normal SW plan. You can't do it restrospectively just because you ate too many syns.

ooh Im buggered then as we dont usually plan when we go somewhere. Oh well at least I have made a few changes to my food intake. I dont have a lot to lose and not bothered how long it takes. Im just getting bigger and bigger all the time so have decided to do something now. After all its a lifestyle not a diet and all this counting constantly, Id like a break from that sometimes cos life would get pretty rubbish if I was obsessed with what food Im eating ALL the time.

Thanks for the info, I know your trying to help me.

Back