Eating slower and trying to realise when i'm satisfied...

Lucylu79

Gold Member
...I think thats classed as healthy eating?! I attend SW each week and have succesfully lost over 2.5 stone but up until last week I was still eating the same portion sizes as before.

Over a week ago and after scoffing a mince and mash dinner down my throat so fast that I felt poorly I decided enough was enough. If I ever wanted to get to target and more to the point to stay there that I need to change the way I see food. I think about food all day but thats also due to the fact that I love the whold food thing, from the planning to the cooking and then of corse the eating, why I scoff it down so fast i'll never know - if I love it that much surely I should want to enjoy it for as long as possible!!!

Anyway i'm on day 8 and although I think about eating slower i've stopped leaving food on the plate so I only hope that i'm giving myself less or i've failed already.

I thought i'd just pop over and see if I qualify for chatting to others about this, perhaps you've sucessfully reduced your portions or similar. I'd love to hear from you.

x-x

I used to do sw and still eat that way . I'm 5 st down and still have more to go although I'm happy now. But a ling time ago I realisd that for me I had to cut portion sizes down and not eat as much as I liked with sw.

Last year I found this guide in my BBC good food guide which has been a great help to portion sizes. and because it uses objects we can touch its easier to visualise the right size

'a healthy meal should be made up of half veg, quarter of starchy foods such as rice or pasta,:

Tennis ball - rice or pasta

Computer mouse - veg or salad

Deck of cards - meat poultry or fish

Small matchbox - cheese

Golf ball - nuts or seeds

Dice- butter '

Hope that's useful ;)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toofatkat said:
I used to do sw and still eat that way . I'm 5 st down and still have more to go although I'm happy now. But a ling time ago I realisd that for me I had to cut portion sizes down and not eat as much as I liked with sw.

Last year I found this guide in my BBC good food guide which has been a great help to portion sizes. and because it uses objects we can touch its easier to visualise the right size

'a healthy meal should be made up of half veg, quarter of starchy foods such as rice or pasta,:

Tennis ball - rice or pasta

Computer mouse - veg or salad

Deck of cards - meat poultry or fish

Small matchbox - cheese

Golf ball - nuts or seeds

Dice- butter '

Hope that's useful ;)

Thanks I will check out the article too if I can find it.

I still seem to be finishing all my meals and fear I've slipped into the same portions but taking longer to eat them, I really need to see what I'm doing portion wise so that example sounds great!

I can't remember which month it was in sorry . But I do remember it being nearer the front of the magazine in the sections where they do the little snippets of info. It was slotted in there not highlighted in anyway very easy to miss, but you may also find it easier online

Just as a thought, my daughter is going to be a dietician and for Christmas last year I went to one of those pottery painting places and made her a portion plate based on those guidelines. It's a great tool.

toofatkat said:
Just as a thought, my daughter is going to be a dietician and for Christmas last year I went to one of those pottery painting places and made her a portion plate based on those guidelines. It's a great tool.

That sounds fab!

I'm definately keeping up with this and am sucessfully losing weight and feeling much more comfortable and less bloated around the tummy.

I hope I can keep it up for long term now, perhaps i'm not eating as slow as I was to start but perhaps i'm getting used to it now as part of daily life.

Back