Eating slowly

SerenityValley

Surgically happy.
I am a horribly fast eater usually, and I think it leaves me so unsatisfied that I will want to eat more when I'm already full. It could be a sizeable part of some of my bingeing. Last weekend I binged quite terribly (though didn't put an ounce on, where I'd normally gain several pounds!).

Last couple of days in particular, I have really savoured my dinners, and snacks, and it has really worked. Dinner has gone cold but I've finished completely happy with what I've had. No mean feat given there has been less than 500 cals per dinner.

I have treats every day, at the moment a cornetto and a pack of crisps (270 cals between them) and made them last. Normally they'd just make me want more.

Most days I have been 1500 to 1600 cals, and not felt even slightly deprived. Probably sounds like a lot to you ladies but I'm a very stocky bloke and am burning off 700+ cals at the gym up to 4 times a week too.

How do you tend to eat? How does it affect your eating patterns?

I'm a fast eater also

This week I have been doing the same - and it's kept me fuller and more satisfied

Must be true in the reports that thin people eat there food right :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm the slowest eater I know, meals take hours. It doesn't affect bingeing as I don't binge on meals but snacks that are quicker to eat like crisps and chocs. In fact slow eating can make me binge more as if I don't have time to sit and eat I grab snacks.

My boyfriend always says I eat too fast - I come from a family of 6, with 3 older brothers. I was always left at the table finishing my meal alone when everyone else had gotten down.. so I've always thought I was slow. Now I can't seem to switch it off =/

I do try and eat slower, but I can't see myself chewing something 30 times like is suggested, I think i'd spit it back out =/

I used to (i say it like it was ages ago, only been cc for a month!) eat so quickly it would barely hit the sides!

Since i've been calorie counting i've kind of valued my food a bit more and take more pleasure savouring it. Especially when i treat myself to chocolate, i can make a small packet of buttons last 5 minutes now, when i used to wolf down a family size bar of areo in about 2 minutes! :S And when there within my calories i get pleasure from the fact i'm eating chocolate and losing weight! But its definately something i still need to work on, the paul mckenna book helped me alot, although i don't agree with it all there is alot of emphasis on enjoying and concentrating on every mouthful, which i find helpful whilst CC. :)

Yeah, chocolate I savour.. most sweet treats I savour.. tiniest bites in the world.. and I use a tiny spoon for chocolate mousse and sorbet too!
But If I'm not concentrating I eat food far too fast. :(
Will improve with time I guess!

I use a teaspoon for cereal lol

I use an old fashioned size bowl for cereal whee 30g actually looks ok. Just goes to show that the size of the bowls most people have nowadays are way too big. We use smaller plates too and I've quickly gotten used to them.

SerenityValley said:
I use a teaspoon for cereal lol

I use an old fashioned size bowl for cereal whee 30g actually looks ok. Just goes to show that the size of the bowls most people have nowadays are way too big. We use smaller plates too and I've quickly gotten used to them.

I am having a vision that you are the bloke in the Aldi Kellogg's Special K advert - the one in the red dress, lol!

Back