eBay money making idea ?

chips with everything

Silver Member
I suppose I have a cheek putting this in creative writing, but I posted it on eBay Q&A forums on April 1st .......

Can I offer Pick-Your-Own on eBay ?

It would have to be listed as local pick-up I know, but would it be seen as Selling Off eBay ?

I thought I’d throw a couple of grow bags in the back yard and grow a bit of home produce then offer the lucky few a chance to pick their own crop. Thought I’d start with Rhubarb and having the advantage of a bit of ancestral memory as my mothers maiden name was Flynn, maybe a few Spuds.

Never had much luck growing anything. I put it down to being North facing and lack of light as the gasworks next door is a bit of a monster. Not helped since the local council paid for a Mosque to be erected on the other side. Bert, he’s the one next door who suffers with his irritable bowel says they are looking for Mecca. Always known for my sharp wit, I said - Well they won’t find it, it’s now called Gala. The building’s still there. It’s the one painted pink and purple with the flashing lights on the corner of Gaddafi Way and Abattoir Street. I got banned from the Bingo after that fight broke out. I thought when Kelvin the Caller, he’s the one with the lazy eye, shouted two fat ladies he was looking at me and my friend Mo. It was months before I realised when he shouted Dirty Gertie he meant Number Thirty. I always thought her from No 69 had come in.

Anyway back to the thread ….. Mo, she’s my best friend who suffers with her feet, says she will lend me some of her lights if we go 50/50. She’s done well with her plants since those nice young Dutch lodgers left in a hurry leaving some lovely plants and sweet little lights to help them grow. She’s had no tomatoes off them yet, but lives in hope.

What would you do about attracting passers-by? Lurkers Mo calls them and suggested doing a few signs – "Pick Rhubarb and Spuds Here" with an arrow pointing at my back gate. Derek the decorator did a fair job, but he only had a small bit of wood knocking round so it got shortened to "PROS Here". Feel a bit uneasy. We’re not far from the docks where the Russian Whaling boats come in.

My other problem will be how do I stop the likes of Mrs O’Leary and her brood, ten at the last count, going for a football team she always says … eating while they’re picking. Any advice welcome, this could be a nice little earner. :)

Oh my god ROFL i am shaking with laughter here - thats absolutely brill - you should paste it in WW thread to give the girls a laff ;o)

Absolutely brill - cant wait for your diary xxx

Back