Eczema....any tips?

beaky31

Hi all i was wandering if anyone out there could help. I have been suffering with eczema on my legs now for the past year ever since i got bitten by something and had cellulitis. I have been to the doctors about it and was given some quite strong steroid cream. This worked a treat on the one patch but as soon as that cleared up another patch appeared on the other leg about the size of a penny and has now got to quite a substantial sized patch on my leg the cream doesnt seem to be working at the minute. I also have some smaller patches on my left leg again too.

Sometimes i know i shouldnt and probably make it worse but i scratch untill my leg feels like its on fire, this normally happens in the night and i wake up doing it.

I don't have it anywhere else on my body which left my doctor diagnosing me with varicose eczema which as it happens my Dad and my Grandmother has/had. I have booked to see my GP again next week but its looking very angry again at the moment. I have read up on all different treatments to try, i did contemplate trying a sun bed as i havebeen sitting in the sun with my legs out and it does seem to help. If anyone has any suggestions or things they have tried and have worked i would be extremely grateful :)

Yours a very itchy/scratchy beaky! lol

Hi beaky,

Though not varicose I have had many a family member suffer with eczema, they all agree cutting out / limiting dairy made a massive difference as its a trigger.

Worth a thought anyway.

X

Thanks double girl I have been to the docs now and it's clearing up it was quite badly infected. I have cut out dairy too so fingers crossed I can keep it under control now

Back