EE Oven based recipe help

Zechti

Hi guys,

I've used this forum before and i've come back as recently joined SW again.

My kitchen is currently being fitted by my dad, gradually so i've been without a hob since before christmas.

I'm finding it difficult to get inspiration for oven cooked recipes, that are quick. I cannot boil, only roast or bake. I have a microwave but only really use it for reheating and a rice cooker, which has been a life saver.

Can anyone post any links to recipes tried and tested that i could have a go at?

Thanks for your help :)

Sophie. X

Casseroles,
Quiche and SW chips,
Oven baked meatballs roast veg ( one of my favourite recipes it's to go with pasta but you could do it with rice I have before and it's just as nice)
Oven baked risotto,
Roast salmon , roast veg, and rice
Hot pot
Does your oven include a grill ? if so steak , Sw chips and salad
Cous cous only needs boiling water poured on so use that with micro veg and roast chicken / salmon and sweet chilli sauce
Bags of microwave veg will be your life saver really

Look at this thread below here there are tonnes of recipes for the oven I would highly recommend it
( ps maybe buy a cheapy slow cooker for cooking soups , bolognase etc )

x

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-recipes/317773-delicious-meals-minimum-ingredients.html

Thought of some more .

Pork chops with apple sauce and cheese on (Hex a )
Roast sweet potato / veg with meat ,
Gammon steaks I always do mine in the oven.
Tesco / Morrisons low fat sausages with Sw chips and veg or beans
Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with Boursin light or philly garlic and herbs

Thought of some more .

Pork chops with apple sauce and cheese on (Hex a )
Roast sweet potato / veg with meat ,
Gammon steaks I always do mine in the oven.
Tesco / Morrisons low fat sausages with Sw chips and veg or beans
Chicken wrapped in bacon and stuffed with Boursin light or philly garlic and herbs

Ha ha amazing! Thanks for all this info. Can i do risottos in the oven? Lol oooh chicken & boursin light. Sounds good. You've given me so many ideas already! Thank you. Xx

Apparently they can . I took this recipe from the thread I linked too .

OVEN BAKED RISOTTO -

This is supposed to serve 4 as a main meal but, so far, it never has done. I would say 2-3 portions or serves 4 as a side dish.

Syn Free if you use the cheese as a HEX.

This is my absolute favourite risotto. It is creamy, tasty and filling, Syn Free and no standing stirring, just bung it in the oven. It is also really flexible so you can ring the changes however you want to.

250g smoked bacon, cut into bite size pieces and all visible fat removed
1 onion, chopped
300g risotto/Arborio rice - I've never used anything else and, because this turns out so creamily perfect, I wouldn't even chance using a substitute
150g cherry tomatoes, halved
700ml hot chicken stock - from a cube is fine
2 HEX cheeses - I always use mature Cheddar but the original recipe suggests Parmesan.

Pre-heat the oven to 180/gas 6.
Fry the bacon in an ovenproof dish until crisp. Spray dish with a little Frylight.
Stir in the chopped onion and cook for 3-4 mins. until softening. I always tend to cook the onion in a small bowl with a teaspoon of water, covered, in the microwave on High for
3 mins, drain, then add to the bacon. It softens it really well.
Tip in the rice and mix together well.
Tip in the cherry tomatoes and hot stock. Stir and grind in some black pepper. You don't really need salt because of the bacon.
Cover and bake in the centre of the oven for 20-30 mins. Stir after 20 mins to see if all the liquid has been absorbed.
Remove from the oven, stir through most of the cheese and then top with the remainder. ENJOY!
clip_image001.gif

We're having this tonight and I'm serving it with peas, roasted butternut squash/garlic and roast tomatoes on the vine.
When I've made it on the numerous occasions before I've sometimes added shredded, cooked chicken towards the end of the cooking time and other things I've added are sliced mushrooms, cooked along with the bacon, courgettes, ham, sweetcorn, peppers ..... The list is up to you. I once made it as a side dish to accompany seared tuna steaks but, I guess, it'd go with most things. The original recipe had butter and white wine in it but it honestly needs nothing else.

Another oven risotto. I'm actually going to have this tomorrow for tea.

RICE AND PRAWN ONE-POT - Serves 4 smallish portions OR, if you're ravenous, serves 2

Between 2 it works out at 2.5 Syns per portion, for the chorizo

1 onion, sliced
1 red and 1 green pepper, sliced
50g chorizo, diced
2 cloves of garlic
250g easy-cook Basmati rice (If using wholegrain you'll have to increase the cooking time)
400g chopped tomatoes
200g prawns

Pre-heat the oven to 200c/gas mk 6
Tip the onion, peppers, chorizo and crushed garlic into an ovenproof dish and spray with Frylight. Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
Stir in the rice, tomatoes and 500ml chicken or veg stock.
Add black pepper (I never add salt because of the chorizo but that's down to personal taste) and some smoked paprika or chilli flakes, if wanting more of a kick.
Bake, covered, for another 20 mins, stirring occasionally and checking if anymore liquid needs to be added.
Three minutes before the cooking time is up, stir through the prawns.

I have sometimes added chicken pieces too or substituted peas, if I have no peppers in.

Back