Eeeek not sure i dare ask this question!!!

Slinkyson

Gold Member
Hi everyone

I'm a tad bit confused, I've spoken to a few on here, at class and friends who have been giving me advice on how I could use my points and what they do! I started on 34 a day, now I'm on 33! But I've been told you have better losses if you have around 26 no less than that though but I wanted to see what you guys think! A couple of people at class are around my weight and they only have 26 hardly ever have their weeklies and lose upto 5lbs a week doing no exercise!!! I know everyone looses differently but just wanted to see what you all do!!

I eat all my dailies (35 at the moment) and weeklies, I'm losing on average of 2 lbs a week which is slower than if I ate 26 points a day but weight watchers is meant to be a healthy lifestyle change not a quick way to lose weight.

I'd rather lose weight healthily, be happy and get to eat everything I fancy (within reason) and keep it off for good.

In my opinion if you're looking for a 'fast' weight loss then weight watchers isn't the right thing for you.

Also, what happens if you plateau? You can't drop say half of your weeklies or go on less daily points because you're on the lowest possible.

A healthy weight loss of 2lbs a week is what weight watchers and the medical community say is healthy and imo you're setting yourself up for failure or to put the weight back on in future.

Maybe I'm being harsh but considering I've lost 23lbs in 11 weeks and have never felt deprived I really think eating every last point is the way to go!

If youre doing WW diet trust them... if they say you need 33, have them. Its all very well people saying they have less, do no exercise dont eat weeklies, but are they telling the truth about their diet? Im sure not many people lose 5lbs a week very often.

Your losses are great dont fix it if its not broken :)

Thanks ladies I have had all my points since starting the diet and are having my weeklies too I wanted to ask as I said I was confused I did not say that I wanted a quick fix diet so I'm not even sure why it was pointed out that if I'm not happy with my losses perhaps ww isn't for me! , I clearly just wanted to ask what others do as I said I've been given advice on different things, obviously bad advice but wanted to ask! I wouldn't join a ww class if I had other intentions!!

Hey! Basically, I would stick with the points you are allocated. It's designed taking into account your height, age and weight and will give you between 0.5lbs-2lbs loss a week which is the healthy amount to lose. The reason you start off on more points and lose them as you lose weight is that as you lose weight you need less calories. If you ate the same amount of calories your weight loss would plateau. You need to be able to lessen your points in order to keep the losses going. If you went to 26 points now, soon enough your weight loss would slow/stop and you'd have nowhere to go as 26pp is the minimum amount.

So I'd advise against lowering the points. If you want bigger losses then try not eating your weeklies or increasing your exercise- but for some people they find they lose MORE when they eat all their weeklies! So play around with it over the next couple of weeks and see what's best.

I have always used all my dailies and most of my weeklies and on average I loose around 2lb a week. Slow and steady wins the race, also the slower you loose the weight the more chance your skin has to play catch up resulting in less loose skin.

Thanks guys that's one of the reasons I didn't want to do a vlcd at the moment as my skin as stretch big time with being pregnant so I want to lose steadily for now!! I don't intend to reduce my points or anything I'm eating what I should be for my height, age and weight! And yes your so right, I thought that the women who are just doing 26 pp at 16 stone plus will just plateo because their body's will get used to it won't they! I did say that to one of them at class, she just said when it does i'll go on less pp!! But anyway I'm staying as I am in my 33 pp :)

Oh dear then she will end up VERY hungry! All sorts of things can go wrong if you drop below 26pp.

I'm glad you're doing it the right way :)

It's not just getting the weight off which is the target, it's maintaining it once we're there and if your friends are eating a low point value then they'll have less chance of maintaining. Most people will not be able to eat 22 points (for example) per day... forever.... !! I have been tempted to follow a friend who has done a vlcd, and lost 5 stone in as many months but she's already gone up two dress sizes as she has gone back to 'normal' eating. I'd rather settle for a higher goal weight and maintain it.

Stick to the 33 and enjoy them. They dont last long! Least you can say you've enjoyed those pp and lost weight doing it :)

I've heard that when it gets to maintaining you get up to an extra 7pp daily to eat. But those girls who are eating less than 26pp will have a bit of explaining to do!

I'd be so depressed stuck on 20pp. That's about 800 calories a day.

It's not just getting the weight off which is the target, it's maintaining it once we're there and if your friends are eating a low point value then they'll have less chance of maintaining. Most people will not be able to eat 22 points (for example) per day... forever.... !! I have been tempted to follow a friend who has done a vlcd, and lost 5 stone in as many months but she's already gone up two dress sizes as she has gone back to 'normal' eating. I'd rather settle for a higher goal weight and maintain it.

Yeah that's true I'm torn between staying as I am and doing a vlcd but you do put it all back on I want to stay on ww till new year but will see where I'm at then! Hopefully I'll be a few stone lighter as I do tend to lose quite quick it's the last stone that's a killer for me!

I've heard that when it gets to maintaining you get up to an extra 7pp daily to eat. But those girls who are eating less than 26pp will have a bit of explaining to do!

I'd be so depressed stuck on 20pp. That's about 800 calories a day.

Me to that's the thing about a vlcd you just get depressed yes the weight comes off quick but you just put back on just as quick so I'm staying as I am till new year then will see how much I need off to fit in my wedding dress :)

Me to that's the thing about a vlcd you just get depressed yes the weight comes off quick but you just put back on just as quick so I'm staying as I am till new year then will see how much I need off to fit in my wedding dress /

Actually if the weight goes on 'just as fast' when you come off a vlcd thats down to you not the diet. There's no reason why you should put any weight on coming off a vlcd. If you gain weight at the same speed as you lose it after a vlcd then you need to take a long look at what youre eating.

Yes some people do but then people put weight on coming off ww or sw too again not the fault of the diet.

Enjoy the 33 while you can!!! I started on 31 and have reduced to 27 now and I notice the difference! I'm a nightmare for snacking so If I didn't have my weeklies as a buffer I'd have no hope! Lol!

Don't get me wrong I'm so grateful for weight watchers I'm 3 stone down with 2 stone to go and I couldn't have done it without them, but this feels like punishment for the last 5 years haha!

Actually if the weight goes on 'just as fast' when you come off a vlcd thats down to you not the diet. There's no reason why you should put any weight on coming off a vlcd. If you gain weight at the same speed as you lose it after a vlcd then you need to take a long look at what youre eating.

Yes some people do but then people put weight on coming off ww or sw too again not the fault of the diet.

I did not slate any diet in particular and was speaking from experience, not blaming a diet for me gaining the weight back and more! If a re-feed programme is followed properly then yes I agree but I didn't do that then I fell pregnant so for me I'd have to really buckle down if its something I want to try again!

Sorry but that's just completely untrue. There are tons of members here who have lost shed loads of weight and successfully kept it off. Just like there are loads of people who have lost on ww and regained

OMG am I not aloud an opinion!!!! Again speaking from experience!!!

Back