Egg timer to hour glass

caketalks

A little about me to kick this off, I turned 31 a couple of months ago, I live in Hertfordshire on my lonesome but my boyfriend is up every week and then some so most of the time it feels like we are living together anyway.

I have been ‘big’ for my whole adult life; I have always been the fat friend though my lovely mates are too polite to say anything about it, the one who never tried on the clothes on the shopping trips as I was too embarrassed to admit that nothing in the shop would fit me, the one never in a swimsuit on our holidays.

Like many people here I have done a few diets over the years, mainly SW and CD but there always comes the point that the weight loss stabilises (likely it would only be for a week or two) and it demotivates me so much that I give up and put the weight back on.

Over the last five years or so I must have lost the same 20lbs three or four times and this year it hit me, if I can do that three or four times all I need to do is keep at it and those could have added up to 60-80lbs off my weight which is massive.

So this time I am dieting for the last time. S&S will help me get the bulk off and then I plan to use SW as a maintenance diet longer term.

As they say, nothing tastes as good as being slimmer and healthier feels.

Week one – done, 11.8lbs gone for good

So I have now completed week one at 100% the whole week. I did switch down to three packs and the protein meal at the weekend when my boyfriend was around, it made a big difference to feel like I was having a proper meal as he ate his avocado, humus, bread and scampi & chips!

On the whole the week was easier than I expected, in most part to my boss being out so not eating crisps and sausage sarnies in our office. I am finding keeping myself distracted in the evenings more of an issue at the moment as I have a habit of eating when bored.

Another week of 100% to come then I am on holiday for a week – planning for it not to cause too much damage so fingers crossed I can be strong.

Well done hun your doing amazing, huge losses so far.

Keep going you sound super determined Xx

Feeling very motivated today, lost another 3.2lbs in my daily weigh in (it works for me at the moment) which takes me to having lost 20% of the total weight I want to lose and 6.3% of my starting body weight!

My BMI has gone down by 2.5 points already which is a great feeling, I no longer have a BMI over 40 – and I never will again.

I wasn’t really feeling like any of the weight I had lost was making a difference to how I look so I cracked out the measuring tape last night and 3.5 inches has gone from my under bust, 1 inch from my hips, 1.5 from my thigh and a whopping (well it sounds like a lot to me) 4.5 inches from my waist!!

Makes me all the more determined that my week off next week will be good and I will steer clear of carbs. Hoping that I can be under 19st before I head off on Monday.

Well done hun, its lovely seeing the pounds and BMI go down

Your doing ace, it will pay off xxx

Sound very determined! Where are you off to on holiday?

The glam resort of Whitley Bay in Newcastle! Visiting family and desperately trying not be tempted by fish and chips and amazing irn-bru ice cream (why do people have to make these deliciously bad for you things!?)

thanks everyone, this site has been brilliant for keeping me motivated.

Now back after over a week off. Far too scared to get on the scales and see just how much damage I have done, especially as I know some of it will be down to TOTM and not having had nearly enough water over the 9 days.

What my week off has shown me though is that I have some serious changes to make to my attitudes about food. Despite knowing that I have done brilliantly over the first two weeks of this diet and knowing the targets that I have for myself I still went mad and had everything that I knew I shouldn’t have and worst of all… it wasn’t that good, it made me feel tired and grumpy, my skin went bad and I felt ill.

Makes me realise just what rubbish food does to me, and that I still have a long way to go before I have a healthy relationship with food.

This week has been going ok so far. Sadly, and I can't quite believe the scales myself, I put on 10.2lbs while I was off plan for 9 days. Have managed to drop 5.2lbs of that so far but it still means that I have 5 lbs to catch up on and all the rest to go.

I do know though that I am still ticking along at the target pace I had planned (I am a geek with a spread sheet and graphs!) despite this rather large blip!!

caketalks said:
This week has been going ok so far. Sadly, and I can't quite believe the scales myself, I put on 10.2lbs while I was off plan for 9 days. Have managed to drop 5.2lbs of that so far but it still means that I have 5 lbs to catch up on and all the rest to go.

I do know though that I am still ticking along at the target pace I had planned (I am a geek with a spread sheet and graphs!) despite this rather large blip!!

Easy on easy off as they say, you did the right thing weighing in :)

how you getting on chick??

that water weight and holiday lbs will be melted off in no time xx

Feeling really rather pleased today, I weighed in last night and have lost 11lbs this week so not only have I got rid of the 10.2 I put on but a little more as well. Another 0.7lbs and I will be under 19st. So please as it means that my aim to be at 240lbs for my friend’s wedding on July 29[SUP]th[/SUP] is still on track. I will fit into the size 18 dress I bought for it weeks ago, I WILL.

It may only be by 0.2lbs but I am now officially under 19st!!! Happy day today and fingers crossed I can get it down by another 5lbs by Monday.

On a seperate note, very excited about the three new flavours of shake!!

Ooo well done hun, a loss is a loss, its so nice to kiss goodbye to those stone brackets!!

I know..oooo I cant wait to try them :) finally!!

Back