Egg white omelettes..

laurenmay

Gold Member
May be a dull question - but how would I go about making these? Obviously I want the healthiest option, so no oils or milk or egg yolks or cheese etc..

- "Yesterday you said tomorrow..."

Spraylight two sprays in a pan, then add your egg whites. Can use liquid ones (sainsburys do them), or seperate eggs.

Add spring onions, seasoning & cook as usual omlette.

Hope that helps :)

I hate waste - do what do you do with the yolks? I would make a yolky omelette for the kids but they won't eat eggs.

I have the same problem when making meringues (although I usually use the yolks then for making lemon custard).

gentoo/aptenny

My OH is training for a bodybuilding competition so he said he'll drink the raw egg yolks so their not wasted - yuck!

Add milk and make eggy bread/French toast for the kids x

I'll save them and post them to you laurenmay!

Eggy bread - ill give it a go, but when I cut the gluten and starchy carbs out of my diet the kids stopped eating bread too. (They will eat it during the week for packed lunches though) Pain in the rear as my hubby works for a bakery and gets reduced bread!!

I suppose it goes to show how our eating influenced our children. !!!

gentoo/aptenny

I don't eat bread now, but we do have braces medium white in the house cause the OH eats it a lot. I don't get tempted by it cause I make sure it's in one of the cupboards I don't tend to go into & then forget its even there. Could you get some bread now & again to make your kids eggy bread? I'd say it's fairly healthy in moderation?

Lol. I have a bread bin full and the fattest birds in the neighbourhood. They just don't choose to eat it!
If I make them a sandwich they're fine.
I'll try eggy bread this weekend. :)

gentoo/aptenny

Back