Eggs and Butter

babymable

I was on the Xenical website and under Weight Loss Resources they list quite a number of sample meals for a full week in different ranges of calories. On those sample meals both eggs and butter are listed. So im a bit confused as to if we can have them or not. On my first day of the diet I had a omlette with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and I was fine. Dont know why they would be listed in the sample meals if we arent allowed to eat them

Hello,

Just read up some info on eating eggs, it states that eating one egg is 5g fat, and only eating eggs in omlettes like with cheese or what have you is where the eggs are then looked at as a bad fat.

Not sure if that helps, But I have been poaching eggs, which is supposedly one of the healthier ways of eating eggs.

I was on the Xenical website and under Weight Loss Resources they list quite a number of sample meals for a full week in different ranges of calories. On those sample meals both eggs and butter are listed. So im a bit confused as to if we can have them or not. On my first day of the diet I had a omlette with 1 whole egg and 2 egg whites and I was fine. Dont know why they would be listed in the sample meals if we arent allowed to eat them

Recent research found that a few eggs a day help us to slim. according to a study,no more than two eggs a day is healthy for us.Which confounded the researchers,as, for many years it was thought that too many eggs were bad for us.I've eaten, two eggs every day now for many years;and my blood fat levels are still the same(cholesterol).If you don't have the correct amount of protein at breakfast you will be tempted to snack midday.Besides their full of vitamin A.
As for butter,well,I'd steer well I'd steer
well clear of that.Infact,I buy Benecol butter from tesco,not only does it taste good it will lower cholestrol for you.
Only downside it's not cheap,but its healthy. My guess is that the butter was listed as a small amount.But, be carefull,
butter has a seductive power once your hooked.

When the MAP nurse rings me, she encourages me to have a poached egg with beans on toast, so one is ok, I wouldn't go made though :)

Yeah I have eggs too, poached on a piece of dry toast and a few spoons of baked beans over the top....mmmmm

I dont have butter or marg though, use other things on bread instead....reduced sugar jam or low fat mayo

When the MAP nurse rings me, she encourages me to have a poached egg with beans on toast, so one is ok, I wouldn't go made though :)

Hi, can you please tell me how to get in touch with MAP please? Someone told me that there should be tel. number on the box but I can't see it. I am on xenical since yesterday and I am just looking for help and support. Thanks

Back