EGYPT

slimforsummer

Good Morning All

Has anyone been to Egypt I go on 22nd June to Sharm el Sheikh with my Hubby and Son cant wait :D.

Yes I went to sharm el sheik in march it was a fantastic holiday. The staff in hotel couldn't do enough for us and the tan I came home with was amazing. Beaches are lovely.

Lisa x

Been to Egypt twice but both times to Hurghada. Given a choice of Cairo or Luxor I found Luxor much more breath taking so if you are thinking of taking in the history I would recommend there. It's incredibly hot, but there was a nice welcome breeze. Enjoy I love Egypt.

I've just this week booked Egypt for a week in October. Can't wait, but know its going to cost a fortune dong trips to Cairo, Luxor and Petra

Yeah I've seen that :( Staying in Sharm El Sheikh, and only there for 6 full days but don't want to miss anything in case I never get another chance to go

CP78 said:
Yeah I've seen that :( Staying in Sharm El Sheikh, and only there for 6 full days but don't want to miss anything in case I never get another chance to go

You'll have to buy a visa at the airport when you get there! Xx we didn't bother with Cairo etc

IMO having been to both Luxor is far nicer experience. I didn't like Cairo at all and although the pyramids were lovely it wasn't the money we spent and i wasn't overly impressed with the Cairo museum - too hot busy and stuffy and you have to pay to see the good bits....haven't been to Petra - its a long way and that's what we want to do next time. In Luxor we did Valley of the kings, queen hatsput (however its spelt) temple and Karnak which was totally breathtaking. For 6 full days I think doing 3 big trips will be too much - just one was tiring in a fortnight and you want time for relaxing, snorkelling and scuba diving too. :)

I Have been to Egypt a few times, my husband is from there not been sharm like most of you thought, i usualy stay in ismailia which is on the suez canal 2 hrs from cairo airport, i have been to cairo fair few times seen pyramids, cairo museum, cairo tower, had a boat on the nile and checked out all the big shopping malls, and last time i went in april went to citadel which was good
i want to check out khan el khalili which is a shopping area popular with tourists but gets busy and bit crowded and you can get hassled therelol

if anyone needs advice about egpyt im nore than willing to help including the rules if anyone wants to marry there hahaha

Ahhhhhhhhhh I've only just seen this, I went to Egypt with my sister a few years ago & loved it, we walked up Mount Sinai at night to watch the sunrise in the morning, that was pretty amazing, as the sun rose people started chanting:D

im sure it was something religous they was chanting, i would love to do that sit up there watching the sun rise im sure it was magical

wow sounds amazing i wish i can see this one day its just soooo far from familys home and we cant go egypt without not being with them that would be a no no :D:D:)

I lived in Cairo for 3 years in the early 70's I loved it, we could see the pyramids from our kitchen window!! We used to go to the Khan el Khalili quite a lot and yes be prepared for being pestered while you are shopping. We did the Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor on a little old paddle steamer looked like the one from the film "Death on the Nile". I would love to go back for a holiday as although it is a huge noisy city I think there is something magical about it.

I lived in Cairo for 3 years in the early 70's I loved it, we could see the pyramids from our kitchen window!! We used to go to the Khan el Khalili quite a lot and yes be prepared for being pestered while you are shopping. We did the Nile cruise from Aswan to Luxor on a little old paddle steamer looked like the one from the film "Death on the Nile". I would love to go back for a holiday as although it is a huge noisy city I think there is something magical about it.

Three sure is something magical about cairo

I have never been to Egypt but me and my bf are going in September for a week I hope I enjoy it. We're staying in an aqua park hotel in sharm. Any excursions u can recommend? I'm not into seeing history stuff more thrilling stuff like dolphins quad biking etc x

I have never been to Egypt but me and my bf are going in September for a week I hope I enjoy it. We're staying in an aqua park hotel in sharm. Any excursions u can recommend? I'm not into seeing history stuff more thrilling stuff like dolphins quad biking etc x

Hopefully it will be ok to go as at the moment sharm is on red alert for people not to go( hopefully its just cos of protests going on)

Back