Ella Belle's SF Diary

Ella Belle

Silver Member
Week 1 Day 1

I'm really happy with how today went, I wasn't hungry, I resisted the second helping at dinner and was happy to realise I was satisfied with what I had eaten :)

B - Egg and 1/4 Avocado (2pp)
S - 0% yogurt and blackberries
L - 3 x rivita (3pp), lf philadelphia (1pp), wafer thin ham
S - cucumber and sugar snap peas
D - Egg fried rice with chicken, veg and soya sauce

I have to use up the avocado, rivita and philly so have to use weeklies for them but when they're gone I'll be making sf breakfasts and lunches.

PP - 6/49

Exercise - 2.5mile walk this morning and 1mile treadmill jog this evening

Looking forward to Day 2 :p

Well done on resisting more food! Looks like a great day

Looks like a great start :) x

Week 1 Day 2

Today I had the very same as yesterday. I found today harder, I felt very hungry at lunch time and by about 3pm I was starving. I had a cup of green tea to try to stave off the hunger which worked until I got home form work. I don't have my dinner til my OH gets home but I just had to eat something so I had the leftover Chicken fried rice from last night and then had more at dinner. I'm a bit disappointed but I understand that my body is just not used to the diet yet. I've decided that tomorrow I'll have a tuna salad at lunch and then the rivita etc later in the afternoon. There won't be much in the salad bar the tuna so I'm not too worried about eating the extra.

PP - 12/49

Exercise - 30min walk this morning. Nothing tonight because I need to ice my shins as they are killing me!!

i'm thinking of maybe starting Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred DVD...so we'll see how that goes, it's supposed to be really good and if nothing else it'll mean exercise every day :)

I can't wait for the first week to be over and to start feeling really strong and on top of things!

Next thing then will be to stop the smoking :rolleyes:

You should not really need to go hungry ever - just make sure you have some snacks with you and have bigger more filling meals :) diets dont have to be filled with salads :-D that's the joy pod simply filling lots of real food! X

Thanks icklerockchck, I think I'm just worried of still eating big meals and then not losing, I will maybe have more fruit and snacks next week, but I need to do a shop first :)

Ella Belle said:
Thanks icklerockchck, I think I'm just worried of still eating big meals and then not losing, I will maybe have more fruit and snacks next week, but I need to do a shop first :)

That's the joy of it if you fill up on all the right things it won't cause weight gain :-D and simply filling foods will keep you feeling satisfied for longer too so load up on them. I think the only one to probably not go too crazy with is the bread products but even then I have some bread pretty much every day I just mean if you ate a whole loaf daily it might affect losses just a bit :p

If its something that concerns you try logging the food into myfitnesspal for a few days and it'll show you how many calories you should be having and how many you are eating. A lot of people are surprised to find they are undereating as they think a diet means starving yourself pretty much!

Anyway just an idea hope it helps but definitely don't be scared of filling up on the right foods :) x

Looks like a good start so far. But i second the advice not to let yourself feel too hungry on this plan. SF naturally limits the "bad" stuff so filling up on the "good" stuff won't be you any harm. I think having an eye on portions isn't a bad thing but make sure you are listening to your body and don't beat yourself up for eating when you are hungry.

30 day shred is very good. I did it last summer and managed to lose nearly 4 inches off my waist. This was pretty much my first foray into that sort of exercise but lots of other people have had really good inch loss too. It can stall losses for the first couple of weeks though as your muscles tend to get VERY sore at first ;) I would suggest planning at least 1 day off in the week, I used to do it 5 days a week.

I used to have a bowl of OSS if I found I got hungry on sf, as the weeks passed I found I didn't need the OSS anymore! Don't worry urself about eating too much as long as u only eat till satisfied, the fact that u r hungry more than likely means ur not eating enough! Not eating enough can lead to a gain!

I'm doing the 30 day shred, 5 days a wk, I'm on like day 18 and already on lv3! It's a very good work out and I have had really good results with it, I haven't found it to slow my losses but I don't do it day b4 Wi, which must give my body a little time to recover!

Ur doing so well but I would say eat a little more if ur feeling hungry, that's the best thing about sf, u should never feel starved!

Thank you all for your advice :) I will try putting my food into 'myfitnesspal' and see what it comes out with. It's hard to get my around dieting not meaning being hungry but I'm getting there, I've packed the tuna into my lunch today as well and that will definitely fill me up more. Couldn't bring myself to get up this morning, the rain and wind reminded me of winter, there was just no way I was leaving my comfy bed even just to go exercise in the next room but I'll do it tonight, can't wait to start the shred now. I watched the Level 1 DVD last night just so I'd be prepared and I'm really looking forward to it now...must get to work now x

I will admit I hated the first level! Too many jumping jacks, I was doing the DVD after my 60 mins cross trainer as well so I was already knackard! Level 2 is the best, the cardio doesn't seem so hard! But level 3 is good as more of the exercises work ur stomach more, which is my problem area, with all the baby bag from 6 yrs ago! I no only just getting rid of it how sad!

Found you & here to follow! I have the 30 day shred dvd and it's really good. Can get a bit boring after a while and Jillian gets a bit annoying but it's worth it. Another good fitness dvd is Hannah Waterman's Body Blitz.

Week 1 Day 3

B- egg and 1/4 avocado, banana
S- 0% yogurt & berries
L- 3x rivita, Philly, ham, tuna salad
S- banana
D- chicken fried rice

Weekly Pp- 18/49

Exercise didn't happen today as had to go do stuff for my Dad and unfortunately have to bring him to the hosp for the day tomorrow so not sure what exercising I'll get done but I'll try :)

I've spent an hour looking through the we mags and old cookbooks for sf recipes...excited to make Moroccan stew and tex mex beans and beef stroganoff and fiesta bean salad....mmmmm!

Happy Weekend people :)

Popping by to subscribe,am also doing the 30 day shred so will be good to see what you think of it.Hope your Dad is ok and you have a good weekend :0)

How u doing Ella?

Hi Ladies,

Was way too tired last night to post but yesterday was a bit of a disaster. I was in the hosp all day with my Dad and didn't get any time to make food to bring with me so all I had all day was 2 bananas and a satsuma. I know I could have bought some food in the hospital but I really didn't want to waste points on food that I really didn' want. When I got home I made dinner but ate way too much..waaaay too much!

Week 1 Day 4

B/L - 2 bananas, satsuma
D - roast butternut squash, chicken breast, onion, courgette, philly (1pp)

No exercise!

Week 1 Day 5

B - let myself sleep in so I didn't bother having breakfast when I eventually got up.
L - wholemeal pitta, boiled egg, 1/4 avocado, cucumber, lettuce, cheddar cheese, fat free dressing (7pp)
D - pasta, passata, chicken, veg

Weekly pp - 26/49

So on to today's exercise....I finally started 30 Day Shred!!! I found it tough enough even though I only did the very easiest version, I can't do push ups at all but I kept going. I know my smoking has a big impact on my fitness but I usually am so fit, it was a big wake up call! Anyway, after that I did 1 minute on my leg magic machine and 4 miles jogging on the treadmill. I should have gone and actually jogged outside but I was worried that I'd go too fast and then not finish so until I'm a bit fitter I think I'll stick to the treadmill. Anyway, I'm delighted that I finished and even though I went very slow it still feels great knowing it's done. I had great plans for mountain walks this weekend but there just wasn't the time so maybe next weekend :)

Last edited:
I think u have done well! I doubt u ate too much yesterday, u nay have eaten too much for tea but for a days food I expect u were fine! Well done on the exercise! To b honest u r a beginner at the DVD and u do need to start with the beginner version! It's still hard!

Well done on the exercise! Am sure you are fine food wise aswell.Shame it was such a long day at the hospital.Hope you have a good evening :0)

Well done on the exercise and your dinner was almost all free so try not to worry about portion sizes too much! X

I can't do pressups either! Just do the box pressups instead, you can tell it's still working your arms even though it doesn't really seem that much effort. xx

Back