Embarrasing problem!

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Kirstyh9672, 8 September 2008 Social URL.

1. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, it's day 5 for me on SW and so far it's going well, I am particularly fond of GREEN days, EXCEPT for the fact that ever since my second day I have been experiencing bad constipation and wind! Can I just ask, is it just me or has anyone else experienced the same? My stomach is actually sticking out quite alot today and it feels uncomfortable. I would be far too embarrased to mention it at my next SW meeting son any help would be great! TIA xx :eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MrsAH

MrsAH Full Member

Hiya,

I personally have the same problem and from what I've read, it's quite common!! :eek:

4. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Oh dear! It's so embarrasing because my tummy is gurgling and I have to hold them in because I'm at work! I wonder how long before it settles down. I used to suffer from IBS a few years ago which disappeared after a while but I am worried it could be returning??!:(

5. Lindam

Lindam Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    fantastic - i don't feel so alone now! I think its the green days that do this to me. Maybe drinking mint tea might help...

6. Nanny Jax

Nanny Jax getting back on track

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Hi hun, if I was you I would get a mild laxative, whatever you do don't try to force things i did and ended up in a real bad way!!! I am still not right now! :)

7. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    It's really common. Some of us get it on a red day and some of us on green days. It could be that your are eating a lot of free foods that may not normally eat. And all the free foods are usually quite high in fibre. It will settle down, but I agree with the post above, a mild laxitive may help you in the meantime! Also, you could try some charcol biscuits from a health food shop to help with the wind (not sure if they have a syn value though!!)

8. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Yes, I think a laxative is called for. I am worried about WI on Wednesday as at the moment with my bloated stomach I feel HUGE! :sigh:

9. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    Have the laxative and by wednesday you will be fine. :)

10. El Nino

El Nino Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    any particular brand of laxative you could recommend? I have heard some horror stories about some over on the lighter life/cambridge forums!

11. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    eek! My mum works in a chemist so she will know the best type, I will ask her tonight. I would hate to have an accident (especially at work!!)

12. PinkToaster

PinkToaster Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimming World - Everyday is a green day!
    I had the same thing last week, but it seems to have settled now. I still feel bloated though.

13. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    would be a good idea to get the chemist to recommend, fibre gel is good though:)

14. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi all, went home last night and explained all to my mum who recommended Fybogel and it has sorted me out (no nasty surprises thank goodness). My boyfriend seems to think that eating all these potatoes is not doing me any good, he does not believe me that I can eat as many as I like on a green day!

15. SpaceAngel

SpaceAngel I ate my willpower!

Start Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st6.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

When I first started on SW, my hubby said to me "I thought you were on a diet" and when I said that I was he said "More like a see food and eat it diet!" I couldn't be bothered to explain it to him, but he soon realised I was indeed on a diet when I lost 2lbs in my first week whilst still eating like a horse!

16. DeeCorum

DeeCorum Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st12lb
    Diet:
    SW
    Just thought I would add that I am too having a problem in the windy region (not literally while typing..that would be gross:sign0137:) I am letting off putrid smelling wind...phewwwwy, at nights my poor hubby daren't move the duvet in case any air escapes.. and if I eat chickpeas...I think definitely grounds for divorce!!

17. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    SpaceAngel I am glad that you have said that and I am not alone! I made steak with potatoes on Sunday for me and my OH and I piled my plate up with potatoes and he said "You wont lose weight eating all those carbs" I hope to prove him wrong when I weigh in on Wed!

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Taz

Taz Spam Hunter

Start Weight:
    17st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(30.4%)
    Diet:
    HGB
    OMG please stay away from the laxatives! I used to take dulcolax and I got really bad cramps from it. I was only taking one a week, sometimes less but the cramps were continuous. I started drinking greentea with mint (The PG one) and I haven't had a problem since. I am regular and the wind isn't so bad. Try to go for the healthier options rather than the pills. Also I swapped my regular amounts of diet coke for flavoured sparkling water which has made a big difference

20. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Taz, yes I did go for the natural option (Fybogel) as my mum warned me away from laxatives. It really helped and I have no pain or wind today, I've also switched to a red day to see if that helps! Thanks for your advice xx

21. Nanny Jax

Diet:
    Slimming world
    I am so pleased that you got yourself sorted, when I mentioned fibre gel a few posts ago, I did actually mean fybogel:eek: lol

22. Kirstyh9672

Kirstyh9672 Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st11lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    lol Nanny Jax! I had to check the packet for the correct spelling! Yesterday was so much better on red, not so much wind and the pains have gone. So I think red days agree with me most (although I really missed having potatoes with my meat :()

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.