Emilys count down!

Hi everyone!

I have tried slimming world before and found it was brilliant! Although I guess I ended up just not sticking to it, but I am back and have a goal to reach!
I'm graduating from Uni next May and then 3 months after that I am getting married! 1st August next year! Its very exciting!

Ideally I would like to lose 2 stone. To lose a stone before christmas would be great (i think its doable. I hope!) still 3 months away!

I have decided to go by extra easy because it's definately the best one for me. Feel free to leave comments on my diary, especially if I have wrong syn values ;)

Well, here goes with my food diary!

This was yesterdays: I do know i have exceeded 15 syns but never mind! I can balance it out over the next week! The beauty of slimming world :)

Breakfast:
made a smoothie! which included:
bananas
blueberries
raspberries
little bit of low fat greek yogurt - dont think this is free so going to add 3 syns to be sure?
teaspoon of flaxseed (around 3 syns?)

Lunch:
2 slices wholemeal bread (400g loaf) HexB
2 quorn sausages
fried egg in frylight
1 teablespoon ketchup (1 syn)

Dinner:
homemade very thin crust pizza im not sure of the syns in this? (think i should give this at least 8 syns!)
it had figs, small pieces of goats cheese (5 syns) basil, 2 tbsp tomato puree (2 syns)

Snacks/drinks:
I had a bounty bar :eek: ( 6 syns)
peppermint tea
2 bottles of water
250ml semi skimmed milk for cups of tea (HexA)

I also worked hard at the gym at uni! Used the treadmill and cross trainer as well as doing some strength exercises, so I am feeling good about that :)

28 syns altogether. not the best, but I will balance it out over the week :)

Got my honeymoon booked today! Lake Como! soo very exciting! :)

Today's diary has been much better then yesterday I think!

Breakfast:
Smoothie with blueberries, banana, low fat yogurt and tiny bit of flaxseed (2 syns)
2 slices wholemeal toast (HexB) with 2 fried eggs using in frylight and a tiny bit of ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
Penne pasta with chopped quorn sausages and baked beans!

Dinner:
Chicken breast stuffed with 1tbsp extra light philadelphia (1 syn??), parsley, tomato and chillis
sweet potato homemade chips
rocket salad with tomatoes and balsamic vinegar

Snacks/drinks:
I was given a wee piece of ginger cake at my fiances parents house! (around 7 syns ) ?
peppermint tea
normal tea
250ml semi skimmed milk (HexA) for cups of tea

Syns for today: 11

Wednesday:

Breakfast:
2 slices toast (400g) loaf (HexB) with 2 fried (frylight) ketchup (1 syn)

Lunch:
Quorn sausages, beans and mushrooms

Dinner:

Spagetti bol with extra lean mince and lots of added veg (grated carrot) mmm!
Also added in some ketchup in there for flavour (2 syns)

Snacks/drinks:
peppermint tea
cup of horlicks light (just seen is 6 syns...is that right?? :eek: )
Had a toastie (6 syns) with banana and literally tiny bit of lighter then light flora (0.5 syns)
milk for tea (HexA)

15.5 syns for today

Last edited:
Okie dokie here is my food diary for today so far! Will edit later as I add dinner in :)

Breakfast:

2 slices toast (HexB) with extra light Philadelphia (1 syn)

Went to the gym at uni, and worked hard! treadmill, cross trainer, strength training! :)

Lunch:
3 quorn sausages, tomatoes, beans, 1 egg and 1 slice bread (3 syns) small blob of ketchup (1 syn)

Snacks/drinks:
bounty bar (6 syns)
coffee (black)
water
homemade fresh pineapple smoothie (yum!)

Dinner:
We had a pork roast joint (wasnt much fat on it at all) but it did have stuffing and I have no idea how many syns. :(
Had this with tomatoes, rocket salad with balsamic vinegar and beetroot.

Then my fiance and I watched a movie and shared a big bag of doritos cool original flavour! aaahhh! no idea how many syns?? :sigh:

So today I guess has been a write off :sigh: Just glad I went to the gym!

well, tomorrow will be a better day I hope!

Last edited:
Ok, today I will be more focused :) Today so far:

Breakfast:
2 slices toast (HexB) with peanut butter (wasnt quite exactly level tbsp so going to give myself 6 syns for this)
And had a black coffee.
Also had a homemade smoothie with mixed berries! :)

well! I ended up having a terrible weekend of drinking too much wine while I was out on Friday night, had a terrible hangover on Saturday :grumble: and ordered a chinese (sweet and sour chicken balls!) So basically, my entire weekend was a complete write off :(

So I guess I am starting fresh again today again so I'll see how I do! :) Today so far....will update later on too.

Breakfast:
2 slices french toast (HexB)
2 slices lean bacon

Lunch:
4 slimmers venison sausages (4 syns)
beans
homemade SW style coleslaw made using extra light mayo (1 syn)
handful of cherry tomatoes

Dinner:
homemade SW style chicken kievs (2 syns for breadcrumbs)
they were stuffed with extra light philedelphia (1 syn), garlic and spinach
Oven baked butternut squash topped with bacon lardons (fat removed) and sprinkling of mozarella (5 syns)

Snacks/drinks:
packet of BBQ flavour snack a jacks (5.5 syns)
Muller light mint flavour
highlights hot chocolate x 2 (4 syns)
2 plums

milk (HexA) for tea and coffee

syns for today: 22.5

Will do my best to stick to under 15 syns tomorrow!!!

Last edited:
Hoping today will be a good day. I have a lot of uni work to do and not snacking on chocolate is hard! :(

Breakfast

lean bacon sandwich, (HexB) 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)
and a banana

Lunch:
Pasta with tuna, tomatoes, spinach and couple of tbsp lighter then light mayo (1 syn) tiny bit of grated mozarella (2 syns)

I had 7 wine gums at the cinema! 4.5 syns - I think?

Dinner:
my fab other half made me
Salmon fillet with potatoes, spinach and a homemade rhubarb sauce. he used a tbsp of olive oil but between us so can I count it as 2 syns instead of 4? (please correct this if I'm wrong!)

Snacks/Drinks:
hightlights hazelnut hot chocolate (2 syns)
milk for tea/hot chocolate - hexA
2 plums

Total syns: 12.5

Last edited:
Your diarys looking fab hun! Loosing a stone before christmas will be easy! Just keep your mind motivated, and be careful with your syns :p I know it's hard to resist but just think of the results! :D

Looking forward to following your diary, have a look at mine hun xxx

Thank you StephieJayne : )

I will try to be careful with my syns! I am going to the cinema tonight so going to try ad resist that pink n mix stand! I will just get coffee or something to curb my cravings haha! Will have a look at yours too! Good luck and thanks for the support! : ) xxx

Thank you StephieJayne : )

I will try to be careful with my syns! I am going to the cinema tonight so going to try ad resist that pink n mix stand! I will just get coffee or something to curb my cravings haha! Will have a look at yours too! Good luck and thanks for the support! : ) xxx

Give yourself your daily syns and treat yourself at the cinema! Remember you have 105 syns in a week so you can splurge one day if you want! xxx

thursday

so today so far has been :)

Breakfast:
lean bacon sandwich (hexB) with 1 tbsp ketchup (1 syn)
cup of tea with milk from allowance

Snacks:
banana x 2
treated myself to a curly wurly (6 syns)

Lunch:
Penne pasta with bacon bits (fat removed) and lighter then light mayo (1.5 syns) as well as a tiny sprinkling of mozarella (2 syns). I know i need more superfree things like veg, but I need to go shopping and I'm skint! eeek! :(
I also had a some strawberries, yum! :)

Also Snacked on some chicken flavoured supernoodles! (free i think?) hungry today! ;)

Dinner:
My fiance made me a gorgeous free spicey tomato chicken casserole, perfect for a cold night! although i had a portion of dumplings in mine! i know this was probrably a mistake! they were small though! I had 4, so I think that is about 9 syns for me. ooops :(

Syns for today: 19.5 :eek: aaagh! must spread the syns out better for rest of week!

Last edited:
aaagh. today has not been great.

Breakfast:
I was on the run to uni, so grabbed a go ahead yogurt coated forest fruit 2 bars (7 syns)

Lunch:
Sandwich with sliced pork and tiny bit of lighter then light mayo (0.5 syns)
and a Plum

Snack: 3 pieces of chocolate from Aldi choceur which is kind of like toblerone, but not as big! think i had about 8 syns.

Will try not to have anymore syns today as I'm on 15.5 already! :sigh:

Snack: Had an orange

Dinner: wasn't feeling that well so fiance made me mac and cheese. it was amazing. cheddar was light, but syns fail :mad:

Last edited:
Ok today is a brand new day! And I'm feeling good about it! :) Will drink plenty of herbal tea when I'm at work too! I love herbal tea ;)

Breakfast:

3 slices french toast (3 syns) as well as HexB with some maple syrup (3 syns). Was yummy! :)
cup of coffee (with milk from allowance).

Haven't posted for about a week aaah! Was away in London and then very busy at uni and to be honest, didn't really follow plan! Back this week for a brand new start though! :)

breakfast: 2 slices toast (hexB) with boiled eggs and a coffee
extra bit of toast (3 syns) with little bit of lighter then light butter (1 syn)

snacks/drinks:
banana
slice of stollen (10 syns I think)
milk for tea and coffee (hexA)
green tea

Dinner: roasted chicken thighs, crispy skin on oops!(3 syns) with roast parsnips, onions, garlic and roast potatoes. Also made a homemade sultana and onion sauce to go with it! was soo yummy! Used fry light though for roasting everything :)

Syns for today: 17

Last edited:
Back