Emma's Food Diary - Help Appreciated!

elb4160

Gold Member
Right, after 2 weeks on EE and ZERO weight lost :eek: a few members in my other thread have suggested I keep a food diary on here so that you lovely people can take a look and hopefully help me out if I need it!

Unfortunately I can not make it to a local class (due to funds!) so I need all the help I can get!

I have got a lot of weight to lose, and want to aim for at least half way by next June (sister-in-laws wedding).

Any hints and tips welcomed as well as "constructive" criticism.

Thanks guys and girls!
xXx

Last edited:
So yesterday (19/08/2010) I had:

~RED DAY~

Late breakfast/lunch:
3 rashers of bacon (fat removed)
Mushrooms (cooked in fry light)
Scrambled eggs (milk = part of H.E.a)
2 thin brown toast (H.E.b)

Dinner:
Chilli - beef mince (all fat drained off)
Onion
Carrots
Red pepper
Orange pepper
Small baked potato (? syns ?)

Drank mostly diet pepsi (free)
1 Tea with milk (H.E.a) and 2 level tsp sugar (not sure of syns havent got my book at work with me today)

Actually I should start from when I have recorded in my note book (other one is at home with previous dates)

So...

~E.E~

Sunday 15/08/2010

Breakfast: Muller light, Banana

Lunch: Ham, scrambled egg (milk = H.E.a) 2 thin brown toast.

Snack: 2 shape zero yogs.
2 tictacs (syns)

Dinner: Roast chicken, potato, carrots, green beans, leeks, spinach, gravy (syns)

4 free drinks.

Last edited:
Monday 16/08/2010

~E.E~

Breakfast:
Muller light, Banana

Snacks:
Cadbury twirl (11.5 syns)
Few slices of ham
Banana

Lunch:
Tin of spag in tom sauce
2 thin brown toast
Pear
Muller light

Dinner:
Kedgeree (spelt wrong)
made with - smoked river cobbler, rice, boiled eggs, low fat natural yog, curry powder

Free drinks = 5

Last edited:
Tuesday 17/08/2010

~E.E~

Breakfast:
Muller light, Banana, 28g cherios (5syns)

Lunch:
Tin of spag in tom sauce on 2 thin brown toast (again :()

Snacks:
Pear, Nectarine, Banana, Muller light, 1 small chocolate

Dinner:
Steak (fat removed), jacket potato, mushrooms, spring onions, low fat natural yog.

Free drinks = 4

Last edited:
Are you drinking much water? Unless you stay properly hydrated your body can't break down food properly (something to do with kidneys not being able to work properly so your liver has to do it).
Maybe add in a few more free foods like apples, strawberries, raspberries etc. Sorry I can't be more help - I'm not sure on red/ green days (I'm an EE girl)

Wednesday 18/08/2010

~E.E~

Breakfast:
Muller light, Banana, Cherios 28g (5syns)

Lunch:
Tin of B.beans, 2 thin brown toast (H.E.b), Pear

Snacks:
Walkers french fries (4syns)
Smoked Mackrel
Nectarine
1 mini babybell light (part of H.E.a)

Dinner:
Went out to The Harvester - bad move, but had my Mum cook a disasterous dinner (lamb stew) so we decided to go out instead.
I'm embarrassed to say I had 1 and a half bowls of salad, full rack of ribs in bbq glaze, chips and half a vanilla ice cream.
So a very bad night, but got straight back on the diet the next day.

Free drinks = 7

Last edited:
Are you drinking much water? Unless you stay properly hydrated your body can't break down food properly (something to do with kidneys not being able to work properly so your liver has to do it).
Maybe add in a few more free foods like apples, strawberries, raspberries etc. Sorry I can't be more help - I'm not sure on red/ green days (I'm an EE girl)
Only the first day was red, sorry i forgot to put what plan i was following!
And to be honest, no, i'm probably not drinking enough water. Thank you for that tip!

Only other things i can think of are that it's only extra lean mince that's free and I think smoked mackerel is synned but smoked river cobbler isn't? Good luck and if you keep struggling maybe try eating more free food, you need to make sure you're getting enough.
We all have wobbles this weekend just gone I ended up drinking a bottle of wine on saturday then on sunday having 1/2 bottle prosecco and 1/2 bottle of wine and my body weight in choc and a dominos tut! I had a good excuse though at least. I got back on it Monday and am 1lb down now since previous wednesday :)

Yeah I agree with Jennifaerie smaoked mackerel is synned..28g = 1.0syns

When I say brown bread I mean wholemeal :)

I am going to increase my fluids, and have to try with the superfree food, I haven't really fancied fruit much even though i've been eating it.

What size is the loaf of bread you're using and are you synning it? I was horrified to find that the 2 slices of granary or wholemeal I would usually eat were something like 11 syns:eek:

I'm on EE and although a newbie have a diary if you want to look at mine for ideas.

You don't appear to be eating too much at all. I agree that some more superfree foods would be good for you.

I don't drink enough, either. Have only just realised when hubby came in that I've not drunk anything yet today and its nearly 4. Am bad! :eek:

If you need any help with syning stuff just shout. I'm doing SW online and can look them up for you. ;)

Actually I should start from when I have recorded in my note book (other one is at home with previous dates)

So...

~E.E~

Sunday 15/08/2010

Breakfast: Muller light, Banana

Lunch: Ham, scrambled egg (milk = H.E.a) 2 thin brown toast.

Snack: 2 shape zero yogs.
2 tictacs (syns)

Dinner: Roast chicken, potato, carrots, green beans, leeks, spinach, gravy (syns)

4 free drinks.

Hi, I will comment on a couple of your days hopefully it will help.

As has been mentioned you need water!! Use a sugar free cordial and put a small amount in to make it taste nicer :)

The breakfast in this menu wasn't enough really, if you want to just eat fruit for breakfast try and make it two or three different fruits. The reason for this is that the extra easy plan works on this basis: you fill up on superfree foods by eating at least 1/3 of your meal as superfree. Also the best way to *increase* your metabolism and therefore burn more fat is to totally fool your body. You don't want your body to realise you are dieting! ;) So put lots of food into your body, just make sure that its lots of superfree and free foods. This way your body is busy digesting (which incidentally burns more calories if you are digesting fruit / veggies) and your body thinks things are fine. However, if you eat a menu like this one, your body might think: "oh no, I'm hungry....there isn't enough food" and immediately your body adjusts by *lowering* your metabolism. So it gets less efficient at burning calories and goes into a type of starvation mode.

Your lunch on this menu doesn't include any superfree foods. Ham and Eggs are free foods but there are no veggies in this meal. An omelette would have been better with onions and peppers mixed in (or something like that).

Dinner sounds perfect, lots of veggies. How did you cook the meat? Also a little tip is that beef stock cubes are free (at least I think! ha ha) and I tend to put a stock cube in a cup and mix a small amount of hot water with it for my gravy, so I don't have to syn the gravy.

I will post again about another menu...

Monday 16/08/2010

~E.E~

Breakfast:
Muller light, Banana

Snacks:
Cadbury twirl (11.5 syns)
Few slices of ham
Banana

Lunch:
Tin of spag in tom sauce
2 thin brown toast
Pear
Muller light

Dinner:
Kedgeree (spelt wrong)
made with - smoked river cobbler, rice, boiled eggs, low fat natural yog, curry powder

Free drinks = 5

Again, try and fit in more water.

You want to convince your body that things are OK and it can use up the fat reserves and the only way to do that is to eat lots of superfree. Maybe add more fruit to the breakfast? Or have a normal breakfast but have lots of fruit snacks?

Try and vary fruit, I think they say don't have too many of one fruit (like too many bananas or grapes).

The tin of spag - how many syns? It could have been a lot which would mean you'd definitely gone over syns on this day (if you count the twirl).

What do you put on your toast? and also as someone has already asked, what bread do you use? It should be wholemeal from a 400g loaf.

In the kegeree (what is that anyway? lol) you don't have any superfree foods.

I hope you don't mind me saying these things I'm truly trying to help. x

Tuesday 17/08/2010

~E.E~

Breakfast:
Muller light, Banana, 28g cherios (5syns)

Lunch:
Tin of spag in tom sauce on 2 thin brown toast (again :()

Snacks:
Pear, Nectarine, Banana, Muller light, 1 small chocolate

Dinner:
Steak (fat removed), jacket potato, mushrooms, spring onions, low fat natural yog.

Free drinks = 4

Brilliant snacks on this menu. You did well on this day. In your dinner it doesn't look like 1/3 of the plate would be filled with mushrooms and spring onions. Could you have added a different vegetable?

Try beans or tinned spaghetti on your toast. If you give me the nutritional info for the spag bol in a tin I'd be happy to find out the syns for you.

Have you tried making bolognese sauce yourself? If you do, you could chop up some veggies into it, like courgettes, red peppers, onions, mushrooms and even add some sweetcorn or carrots. It really bulks it out and means that you eat less beef and more beef and veggies. ;) You could freeze some and get out portions when you want bolognese?

Oh is it the tinned spaghetti which is free? doh! lol
Yep, it's tinned spaghetti in tomato sauce, not bologneise.
So it was free on extra easy :)

Thank you so much for those comments, they're really helpful + the amount of detail helps me see exactly what i'm doing right/wrong.

Back