Emma's journey to becoming a slim bride *09/08/13*

emma_30

So after 12 years and 3 children together we've finally booked the date! Friday August 9th 2013! Yippee!

Earlier this year I lost around 2 1\2 stone but I've managed to put 9lb back on. From tomorrow I'm back on track. I've filled my fridge and cupboards with healthy food and I'm ready to go.

I have 14 months before my wedding with 5 or 6 stone to loose. Ideally Id like to loose 3 stone by the end of the year so I can start dress shopping.

I'll be back tomorrow with starting weigh in. Ekkkkk!

Last edited:
Hi Emma

Just came across your diary and thought I had to leave a comment as I've just booked my wedding and it's exactly one year after yours - 9/8/14! Also, my starting weight is almost exactly the same as yours (I'll find out my exact starting weight when I join Weight Watchers on Tuesday!).

Well done on losing the amount you have so far - you know you can do it now! I'm hoping that having my wedding to focus on will give me the motivation that I seemed to have lacked in the past. I always start well but it never lasts long! I've just saved a photo of a gorgeous wedding dress on my phone for extra motivation, plus some pictures of brides looking how I definitely do NOT want to look on my big day! Whenever I'm tempted to be naughty I'm planning on looking at those pictures lol!

Anyway, good luck on your journey!

Hi Laura, Thanks for posting! I think the 9th August is a fab day for a wedding :D How far have you got with planning? SO far we've just booked the Church and reception venue. I have an appointment with a photographer next month but that's it. I feel like I need to be doing more!

I love your motivation ideas, I think I'll do the same :D I would have thought just the thought of THE dress would keep me motivated but we booked the wedding 6/7 weeks ago now and Its taken this long to get back on the wagon. Now Im here though I'm going to stay! I neeeed to do this. I don't want to look back at my wedding day photos and wince.

Anyway, so far the diet is going OK. I'm still going through that hungry all the time phase but that'll pass in a few days. Tomorrow Im off to aqua aerobics which Im quite looking forward to. I went for the first time 2 weeks ago and I was worried I'd be huge next to everyone else. In fact its a really relaxed group and there are women all ages, sizes and abilities. I didn't feel self conscious at all.

Hi Emma,

We've literally just booked our venue this week - having it all at a hotel. Can't really do much until next year as it's two years away. But what I can do is start my wedding diet! Like you, I dread looking back at my wedding photos and regret not trying harder to lose the weight. I read a really good quote the other day - 'A year from now you'll regret not starting today'...so true!

Well done for keeping it up. The first few days are always the hardest but once you're into a routine it's a lot easier. Aqua aerobics sounds good too. I'm going to go back to Zumba hopefully this week - I love it! Will be joining the gym at the end of the month too, so I'm hoping to hammer the exercise as well as the diet :)

Good luck to the both of you as well. The next 2 years will fly by for you im sure! (As will the next 14 months for me. Ekkk)

I went to aqua aerobics today because I just didn't have the time yesterday. Tuesday instructor is alot different to Mondays, I think she maybe the actual empress of darkness or something because she worked us so hard! lol I came out of the pool with jelly legs. I really enjoyed it though and Im looking forward to making it a regular a thing.

Well done Emma! That's a fab start :)

It's going well so far, day 4 today. I've got over the first few snacking days where I'm constantly thinking of what I can eat lol! I also seem to get headaches the first few days, must be my body adjusting! I'm really enjoying it so far and can't wait to see how I've done on Tuesday. Haven't done any exercise yet but I'll let myself off as it's my first week ;)

I had headaches for the first few days too. Glad it's passed for you now. I'm 8 days in and I'm still thinking about what I can eat next haha. I am waiting for meals now rather than grabbing crisps and biscuits though lol

I'm sure you'll have done great on Tuesday. Make you come here and tell me how much you've lost :D

Ahh sorry you didn't actually say the headaches had passed. If they haven't I hope they do soon.

Lol yes they've gone now! Usually only last the first two days :)

Just had my first weigh in and I've also lost 5lb this week!! I'm so chuffed cos I never usually lose as much as that :)

Proud of myself today. My boss offered to buy us all bacon and egg sandwiches for breakfast but I managed to decline and stick with my slimfast. The smell was like torture though!

Well done you! Bet you felt good the rest of the day though! If you'd had it you would have regretted it all day.

Oh definitely. So glad I didn't say yes.

I have a feeling I'll be facing a few more of these tests along the way! :/

Back