***Emma's new start!! ***

Emmie Lou

Hi everyone, thought i'd join the club and start a diary thread!! :)

I think it could be helpful to record how im doing and comments are always welcome.........
Me.....I'm 34, single mum, 2 gorgeous daughters Danielle 15, Melissa 9, a 6 mth old puppy which i adore! :p
Currently not working as signed off with depression (very much weight related), just had my medication trebled as im prob at my lowest point ever, also my heaviest ever! :(

I joined ww last night with my mum, most upset by my start weight but im totally ready to start the journey of losing it all!

thanks for reading if u are, im more of a lurker on here but i will try to chip in whenever i can if i can help anyone out!!

Hey Emma!!

Well done chick on taking your first steps towards your goal... first weigh in at weightwatchers is always a shock I think but it gives you the kick up the butt you need to do something about it! I so agree with you on terms that weight can serriously affect your mood and your whole way of going - were all here to support you and I look forward to the day you have met your goal- It will be the best feeling in the world... after having your two girls of course!!! xx

hello all who read this..........
Im on my 2nd day of ww, im allowed 30 points which im finding a lot but still, may as well enjoy them before they go down!
I managed 29 points yesterday had an ice cream and everything..:D
I also managed to drink more, im really rubbish with my fluids and have to make a real effort to drink!

Really desperately need to go shopping dont really have anything in!

Hi Emma

Your own diary is definetley the way to go ... people will know where to find you then!

That first time stepping on the scales is horrible ... but at least you know you'll only see smaller numbers from now on. I too have a lot of weight to lose, so have excepted that I will be here for the long run, and feel okay with that.

I'm on 27 points and some days it seems like tons, others I wonder where they've all gone!! (chocolate probably :D)

The drinking thing REALLY helps the Weight loss ... there's a post somewhere that explains that if you don't drink enough water your metabolism can slow right down ... so try and keep it up. I have the 750ml bottles here at work, and used to only drink one of those a day, then switch to my old fave Diet coke, but am making myself drink 2 bottles at work, and then one at home before I switch to D-coke ... it's gonna be hard though ... and with a 1 hour drive home could be dangerous lol

Anyway - sorry to take up all this space in your sparkling new diary, sometimes my fingers get carried away with themselves!!

Keep posting!

Twigs
xx

Oh Emma I am so glad you braved those scales - you wont be seeing that number again as from next week

my tip for fluids is find some fruit/herbal teas you like and make them up and sip them
the ones I like are orange mango and cinnamon - great hot or cold
ginger and lemon again great hot or cold
cherry and cinnamon again great hot or cold

you dont have to drink water - and dont forget gravy etc is all fluids :) the water you use in that all counts

good luck

I really really know what the depression does (as you know) and my heart is with you - my meds are up to max without a change of meds

hope your increased dose kicks in soon

H xxx

Thanks for the replies, type away twiggy, i love reading others thoughts, 'H' thanks for the kind thoughts, the medication not kicked in yet so a bit rubbish but im off out tonight and my girls are out so i get a bit of a breather! ;)

Have fun on your girls night out ... Vodka is really low on points .... but not the stuff you eat after you've had your fill of Vodka .... or is that just me? :D

so onto day 3........still a bit drunk if im honest lol:rolleyes:

I ended up with about 12 points left when i went out last night, have no idea how many i drank but im back on track today, i dont often go out so it wont be a regular thing!!

got a babysitting job later so i need to take a packed t, which will make a change, i usually just eat wotever when im there!!

gonna get my backside on the wii fit in a min too, start working up some minutes on there, as they say every little bit helps lol!!

hope everyones sticking to the plan well!! :p

just wanted to say hi and good luck

hi emma!!!

well done on starting ww!!

im sure you will be fine and try not to get too down, we all feel like that sometimes,especially when standing on scales!!

i always got really down but since thursday when i started ww again ive never felt better!! i dont care if anyone calls me or looks funny cos i look at them and think yeah you can laugh but you will be laughing the other side of your face when im slim and beautiful!!
just think everything from here is going to be a good experience, so keep your chin up and smile!!! :O)

xxxxxx

Hi Emma

Just popping in to your diary to say hey, well done for getting on those scales and starting ww, good luck with your journey.

Hope you didn't end up with too bad a hangover and your babysitting job went well!!

x

Thank you all so much for your replies and support..........u've all been great!! :D

Day 4 for me and iv been busy all day in the garden, so as a result i havn't eaten much yet, i have managed 2pts squash tho which is brill for me!
My wii fit says 2lbs lost which is great but im not taking much notice of that i'll go by my ww weigh in on wed!! :p

Hi Emma good luck for this week
how are the meds - any strange side effects - I know mine were awful - but that soon passes - hope they kick in for you soon - my increased dose doesnt seem to be doing much - but I still have my fingers crossed

its my weigh in day today and I will be looking out for your results come Wednesday - I am sure you will do well if you are reporting in an unofficial 2lb already

well done on all those fluids - keeping up my fluid intake is one of the hardest things

Hi Emma, and welcome

You have taken the biggest step by getting to class and coming on here - you'll get advice, support and the sometimes necessary kick up the bum - it keeps me (mostly) on track.

Well done on getting on the wii fit. I don't have one, but a few on here do and say its great. The fitness coach seems to be a good one. xx

Day 5 ;)

Im doing ok.........hey aaleigha and LROne(love it)
My meds dont seem to have kicked in yet but i increase the dose again tomorrow so that deffo should help, iv never had that high a dose before! not had any side effects so hope that continues!
Im in a bit of a strange mood today(not unusual) not really in a cant be bothered mood, more like i just cant........ive done the washing up and kitchen sides, picked my lil sis up from school as shes taking her exams, and now im just kind of out of steam:(
still need to hoover, and wash kitchen floor, also put washing away and sort out some bills, feels like a massive amount to do and it also feels like its beyond me!
I just want to sit on the sofa with my puppy and watch tv, (i hate people that do that, such a waste of a day)!

its all so confusing..........:confused:

Emma that could well be a side effect of the meds - that happened to a friend of mine - so much so she retired to bed for two weeks and I went there to look after the kids and get them to school - she really could do nothing she had NO sensations at all - as you say just run totally out of steam - give the meds chance to work and you will be fine :)

Hey everyone
I had my first WI last night and i lost 4lbs!!
Im quite pleased but dare i say i did hope for a bigger loss, being that ive recently gained quite a lot and ive stuck to the plan, and it was the first wk!!
oh well tho, its still 4lbs off! just such a long journey ahead!
So this wk im going to try drinking more, and add a little more exercise!! And im really hoping for my first 1/2 stone off!!

I hope anyone that reads this is doing well and sticking to their plans!!
I just need to admit that im finding it very difficult to post on this forum, i just cant keep up with it all, so please dont be offended if i dont reply!!

Emma you will soon get the hang of the forum
as for your weight loss that is great it really is
be careful with the exercise if you havent done much in a while - build it up slowly and carefully and take care of your self

come in here and post on your diary as often as you can - the support you will get will help enormously
H xx

Back