Emma's Weight Loss Journey

I started SW about 5 weeks ago and it seems to be working... I thought I would start a diary to log my weight loss journey. I have been keeping a food diary, but would like to do something more personal and am quite a keen cook, so thought I would share my successes (and failures). I know that no one may ever read this, but hope it will help me...

I'll start by listing yesterday's food:
Breakfast (at work) - Mullerlight vanilla yoghurt (F) w/30g Museli ("b")
Snack - 1/6th Scan Bran Fudge Cake (2.5 syns), 1 apple (SF)
Lunch - Cous Cous with Roast Veg in Tomato Sauce (Aubergine, Courgette, Yellow Pepper, Onion, Carrot, Garlic, Tinned tomatoes) (F/SF), 1 apple (SF)
Snack - 1/6th Scan Bran Fudge Cake (2.5 syns), cooked ham (F)
Tea - M&S vegetable crispbake (4 syns - needed to get these out of the freezer), minced beef hash (F - from SW EE in Minutes book) w/poached egg (F), corn on the cob (F) and 30g cheddar ("a")

Exercise - spinning (I go every Monday. I almost didn't go last night because it was dark when I left work and I was tired and just wanted to go home and relax, but forced myself and am glad I made the effort. Hopefully it will show at today's weigh in)

Scan Bran Fudge Cake - I got this recipe from the SW website. I love baking and wanted to make something I could actually eat. It wasn't great - too wet. But I'm not going to give up on this mission. Next week I'm going to try a Scan Bran Ginger Cake. Fingers crossed!

Good luck with your journey hunand congrats on the 9lb loss
! I love cooking but don't get chance to that much!! It's hard working full time, can't be bothered to do anything when I get home"
I'm at Zumba tonight so won't be cooking again! Pfft!
But I've just come accross a kebab meat recipe which is free, so defo cooking that tomorrow!! :)

xx

A little update - just been to group for the week and not only did I get "Slimmer of the Week", but "Slimmer of the Month" as well. Didn't even know this existed! I now have a very shiny sticker on the front of my book and an inspirational magnet for the fridge! :)

Roll on another week!

Ok, so yesterday:

Breakfast - mullerlight mint/choc yoghurt (F), HiFi berry bakewell ("b")
Snack - 1 apple, 1 pear (SF)
Lunch - CousCous with roast veg in tomato sauce, as yesterday (SF/F), w/Ham (F) and 1 apple (SF)
Snack - 1/3rd Scan Bran Fudge Cake (5 syns). This has now all gone, thankfully. It was really pretty minging in the end. Oh well, better luck next time!
Tea - Steak, in FryLight and seasoning (F), "Hedgehog" Jacket Potato (F), Onion Gravy (1/2 syn), 1 tbsp tomato chutney (1 syn), Green beans (SF) with 1/2 tsp butter (1 syn) and 30g cheddar ("a")

TOTAL SYNS - 7.5

HiFi Berry Bakewell - Not a great fan of these. Never thought I would say something was too sweet, but these really are. Gonna stick to the Choc/caramel HiFi lights and maybe try some Alpen light bars next week...
Walking Home - Got off the tram 3 stops early today, so extended my usual walk home from 10 to 30 minutes. Was perhaps a bit silly as it meant I was walking through a park in the dark, but I quite enjoyed it really...
Hedgehog Jacket Potato and Onion Gravy - this recipe was in last months' magazine. Will post it below as it worked quite well...
Pumpkin - Mum and Dad have an allotment and gave us a giant pumpkin that they have grown. So we spent the evening carving our Jack O Lantern. Was quite hard work getting all the flesh out. I then had to boil, whizz and sieve it all before its actually usable. Gonna make a pumpkin pie (minus the pastry) using a recipe our Consultant brought to group this week. Hoping its gonna taste nicer than the scan bran cake! Fingers crossed...

"Hedgehog" Jackets and Onion Gravy (Serves 2)

4 small-medium sized potatoes, scrubbed
Fry Light
Salt and Pepper
2 Onions
100ml beef stock
1/2 tsp gravy granules
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar

1. Preheat oven to 200C. Cut think and even slices in each potato, leaving about 1cm uncut at the base. Put the potatoes on a baking tray, spray with Fry Light and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Bake for ~50 minutes.
2. Meanwhile... Place a saucepan sprayed with FryLight over a medium heat. Add the onions, cover and cook for 15-20 minutes. (I found my onions went quite dry so added a splash of water every now and again to soften them up and help them cook). Add the stock, bring to the boil then add the gravy granules. Stir and cook for 3-4 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat and stir in the balsamic vinegar. Serve.

This was yummy with Steak, but would work just as well with other meals - e.g. a different gravy for your sunday roast? And the potatoes are just an alternative to a jacket, mash or chips, so would go with anything really...

Every Thursday feels like Christmas Day... We signed up for a fruit and veg box scheme (Abel and Cole) and few weeks ago and our little box of goodies gets delivered every Thursday morning while we're still asleep in bed... Today's treats are:

Kiwi - just had one for breakfast :)
Apples
Bananas
Potatoes
Green Cabbage -
hoping this will go in a stir fry or with our Sunday dinner
Mixed babyleaf salad
Carrots
Beetroot
- lots of it. Not sure what to do with this yet, other than roast it. Hopefully will find some inspiration during the week.And a free carton of orange juice. My hubby won't drink this. It's 2.5 syns per 100ml. Might just have a glass a day?

Yesterday...

Breakfast - Mullerlight Coconut/Choc Yoghurt (F), 1 pear (F)
Lunch - Cous cous with roast veg in tomato sauce... again... all gone now! (SF/F) with Ham (F) and 1 apple (SF)
Snack - Satsuma (SF)
@ home - Our friends came over and because OH knew I was planning on making Salmon Fish Cakes he went in on the pizza. He got a donner meat and greek chicken calzone *drool...*. I had a bit of the meat from the middle. I'm gonna put this down as 5 syns as it was only a couple of bits...
Tea - Herby Salmon Burger (from last months' magazine take away book) (F) with wedges (F) cherry tomatoes (SF) 30g cheddar ("a") and 2 tsbp tomato ketchup (2 syns)

TOTAL SYNS - 7
No "b"

So, they all had pizza, but I sat there and felt smug eating my (very yummy thank you!) fishcakes and wedges.

Oh and I made the pumpkin pie using the leftover pumpkin flesh. Altough I don't think you can call it a pie when there's no pastry. So I'm gonna call it baked pumpkin goo...

We had loads of trick or treaters on our street. I let hubby deal with them as I was in a mood because of the takeaway thing! But cleared out a good stash of munch from our "munch box" - mini eggs, left over sweets from our wedding... and our friends helped finish some more off. I was good and didn't partake :) (*smug*)

Well done on your awards and good for you for NOT partaking of the pizza, it's the small goals which help us all along our way :clap:

Yesterday:

Breakfast - Kiwi (SF), HiFi Berry Bakewell ("b")
Snack - Orange (SF)
Lunch - Leftover Salmon Fishcake (F) with spaghetti hoops (F) yummy!! 1 pear (SF)
Snack - 1 apple (SF), 1/4 baked pumpkin goo (1/2 syn), Wafer thin ham (F)
Tea - Ham and artichoke pasta (from SW EE in minutes book) (F) with 30g cheddar ("a")
Afters - 2 x mini twix (9 syns)

Total Syns - 9

Not a lot to add today really. Feeling a bit low. I'm a "scales hopper" and they're showing a teeny tiny little gain so far this week. And I can't find a nice winter coat :( or nice new work shoes :( and I've had to come to our Leeds office for the day which means getting on the commuter train :(

... but it's the weekend in 7 hours and I'm still 100% on plan so, JUST KEEP GOING!!!!

Awww no! Took me ages to find a coat!
I hate days like this! At least in a few hours you can snuggle into the sofa or something!
I've stuck to plan this week (apart from Saturday but have pulled back on my Syns) I've exercised and it looks like it's going to be a STS week ;-(

xx

What day is your weigh in? You never know, your body might decide to be kind to you just at the right time! I usually go to group on a Tuesday but can't next week, so have until Wednesday night to sort my body out! Have made it back to the Sheffield office, but still another 4 to go... please please please can I go home now while its still light outside?!?!?

Ha ha, I'd love to go home too! I work in Leeds/North Yorkshire.
My weigh in id in the morning :-( Might go swimming again tonight...that may help the loss!!!??!
I weigh at home but have signed up online.

xx

Friday

Breakfast - Alpen light apple/sultana (1/2 "b"), 1 apple (SF)
Lunch - last of the salmon fishcakes (F), tinned spaghetti (F), 1 satsuma (SF), baked pumpkin goo (1 syn)
Tea - Crustless Vegetable Quiche (2 syns) with 1/2 tin of Heinz Mexican Beanz (1 1/4)
Afters - Jelly and Yoghurt Pudding (1 syn), vodka and cloudy lemonade (4 syns)

Quiche - my first slimming world quiche. It was yummy actually. Veg wise it had onion, broccoli, red pepper, courgette and sweetcorn. My hubby made his standard cheese and bacon quiche, but I didn't feel I was missing out. Good stuff...

Jelly and Yoghurt Pudding - YUM! I made mine with lime and lemon jelly and a peach and pineapple mullerlight and it was awesome! Will be making this again... every week!!!

Saturday

Breakfast - 2 x small wholemeal toast ("b"), with bacon (F), 1/2 tbsp ketcup (1/2 syn) and 200ml orange juice (3 syn)
Snack - 1/8 crustless quiche (1/2 "a"), 1 satsuma (SF)
Later - 1/4 pumpkin goo (1 syn), 1 banana (SF), 1/8 crustless quiche (1/2 "a")
Tea - sticky gammon (1 1/4 syns) with mixed chinese veg (SF), egg noodles (F) and corn on the cob (F)
Afters - jelly/yoghurt pud (1 syn)

Total Syns - 6 3/4

Sunday

Breakfast - Mullerlight mango/passionfruit yoghurt (F), 2 kiwis (SF), 200ml orange juice (3 syns) alpen light choc/fudge (1/2 "b")
Lunch - 1/8 crustless quiche (2 syns), Cheese/Broccoli Pasta 'n' Sauce (F)
Tea - Beef Bourguignon (1/2 syn) with cabbage (SF), mash (F) and 30g cheddar ("a")
Afters - HiFi Light choc/caramel (1/2 "b"), 1 banana (SF), mini Bounty (6.5 syns)

Total Syns - 12

Have had a good weekend really... Spent a lot of time with hubby. It was the three month anniversary of our wedding yesterday and we spent all weekend doing what we didn't manage to do on our wedding night!! :love047:

So lots of "body magic", and it looks like it's making an impact on the scales... at one point this weekend they were showing 12.12. Can't believe it! I haven't been in the 12s for years (probably 6 or more)... proper chuffed. Just hope it stays like that for weigh in this week. I don't really care what it says as long as there's a loss...

And we went shopping yesterday for shoes/coats and although I didn't end up getting anything I did try on a size 14 in next and could actually do the zip up, even though it was a bit tight - they didn't have a size 16 and I refused to try on the 18. I figure there's no point spending money on clothes that fit as I hope I won't be able to wear them in another couple of weeks...

I'll find one eventually that I like and don't mind spending money on...

Its COLD this morning... :gen125: and I've got a cold :( ... nevermind...!

Yesterday...

Breakfast - Mullerlight manderin yoghurt (F), Kiwi (SF)
Lunch - 1/4 crustless vegetable quiche (4 syns - saving my "a" for later), 1/2 tin Heinz Mexican Beanz (1 1/4 syns), 1 Apple (SF)
Snack - 1 clementine (SF)
Tea - Chicken Fajitas, without the tortiallas! i.e. chicken (although actually it was turkey...!), peppers, mushrooms, grated carrot (an inspired addition as I needed to use up some carrots), fajita seasoning and passata (1 syn) with Batchelors Savoury Golden Rice and 30g Cheddar ("a")
Afters - Alpen Light Choc/Fudge cereal bar (1/2 "b")

Feeling rubbish with this cold. Monday is my spinning night, but didn't feel up to it, so tried to ring to cancel my spot but their phones weren't working and if you don't cancel they ban you for a month, so had to go... Am glad I did, as I don't have to feel guilty for the rest of the week, but feel like absolute crap today :(

Hoping I can sneak away at lunch time or something...

VOTE OBAMA!!!! The world will be a much worse place in the morning if Romney is President - come on America, do the right thing... :copon::sign0009:

P.S. Can't go to my usual weigh in at lunchtime today, cos I've got an event at work, so am going tomorrow night. Had a sneaky peak at the scales after spinning last night and they said 12.12, which is amazing!!! Hoping it stays off until tomorrow...

At a serious low right now... Proper suffering with cold. Feel like I have absolutely no energy. Have been at an event all morning trying to "sell" so have had my happy face on. Didn't bring any lunch with me today as planned on heading home afterwards, but now don't have the nerve to ask to go home. So thought I'd get a jacket potato and beans, but all the sandwich shops are out... Back at the office, with no food and just want to cry... :(

... still at work... have located a banana and an apple and a packet of sainsbury's chicken noodle cuppa soup (2 syns - almost worth it)...

Had the same dreaded lurgy all week hardly eaten a thing and yet scales going in wrong direction!!
I feel bad but after stepping on scales feel even worst!!
Hope you're better soon we'll have to just dwell in our sorry nest!! Hibernation sounds good!

Back