Extra Easy Emmies Food Diary

Emmie88

Hi everyone, for anyone who wants to know I'm emmie. I'm from Ireland and I'm an accounts assistant. I'm 27, an only child and I live at home with my parents.

I started SW 3 weeks ago at 15st 6.8lbs and as of last Thursday I am now 14st 12lbs. I'm only 5ft2 so I have lots to lose.

I want to keep this up so have decided to keep track of what I'm eating here. I weigh in at home so I don't have any support group (although my Mam is going to the group so we are both in it together) but hopefully with you guys seeing my food diary it will stop me too much from straying of plan :)

So saying I start my weekly weigh in on Thursday I'll start my food diary from then.

Thursday

Breakfast:

Porridge oats, half tsp honey & sprinkle of cinnemon (HEXB & 1/2 syn)

Tea Break:
Lunch box of melon

Lunch:
Small Chicken salad - lettuce/tomatoe/red onion/beetroot/red pepper.

Dinner:
Pasta with chopped pieces of cooked ham, onion and spoon of low low spreadable cheese, served with broccoli (HEXA)

Snacks:
1 Kit Kat finger (2 syns)
1 packet cheese puff crisps (5 syns)

Total syns: 7.5

Friday
Breakfast:
Porridge oats with milk, 1/2 tsp honey & sprinkle cinnamon (HEXB&A & 0.5 syns)

Tea Break:
Lunch box of melon

Lunch:
Left over pasta from yesterday's dinner.(HEXA)
1 muller light yogurt

Dinner:
Homemade oven chips, egg fried rice ( with peas and onions), mayflower extra hot curry sauce (4 syns?) marinated chicken pieces (herbs/onion/garlic)

Snacks:
1 mini Kit Kat finger(1.5 syns)
Large glass Pepsi max

Total syns: 6

Saturday
Breakfast:
1 large orange
2 slices wholemeal toast (HEXB)
2 tsp spreadable butter (2syns?)
1 fried egg (using fry light)
2 slices of grilled bacon

Dinner:
Steak, with fat cut off
Homemade oven chips
Salad- lettuce/tomatoe/spring onion/beetroot

Snacks:
Large orange
Half mini Kit Kat finger (1 syn)
1 small square Cadbury bubbly bar (1.5 syn)
1 packet crisps (5syns)
Can of Pepsi max

Total syns: 9.5

Could have done a lot better today. Not much speed food and I missed out on lunch. This usually happens every Saturday. My Mam usually has visitors in the kitchen and I tend to stay out of the way till they are gone.

I have a really bad habit of skipping meals. I think I've been doing really well during the week when I'm at work but I really have to make more of an effort at the weekends.

Hi @Emmie88. Sounds like you're doing really well so far, congrats on your weightloss! I also weigh in from home (weighday tomorrow) and there are lots of people on here to support you. Butter is 2 syns per tsp so you were still under your allowance, but good to bear in mind in the future. Is there any way you could prepare some food on Fridays so that you can just go to the kitchen and quickly grab it from the fridge on a Saturday? Or even make up a lunchbox with some salad, couscous, rice or something while making your breakfast?

Thanks HondaGirl,

I've tried SW a few times but always gave up after a few weeks. I'd have a big loss the first week and then get disheartened when I'd only lose 1lb or even stay the same. Think this time my mindset is a bit different, with so much to lose I know it's going to take quite a while.

I use very little butter but it's quite hard to measure it - might just count it as 4 syns to be safe in the future, thanks.

Brilliant idea with the lunchbox though, think I'll definitely give that a try next week. I was absolutely starving yesterday by dinner time, could have ate every syn in the house. o_O

Back