Emotional eating after my dad's attempted suicide

Becky1993

Just over a week ago my dad attempted to end his life, naturally this has been a tough time for me and my family. But I've found I've been comfort eating like nothing else, this has been a problem for the majority of my life, I want to end this reliance on food during tough times before I ruin all my hard work :( Any advice on how I can get back on track and get the rest of this weight off?

Hey!

Sorry to hear about your dad!

Learning to not binge eat when something negative happens is not an easy thing to do. I am very much like you, but once I get into the swing of a diet, my mindframe changes. For example, just now, i'm not on a diet and when something bad comes up i'm thinking of that PLUS worrying about my weight....but I managed to eat healthily and change my life a few years ago and see when you get into that mind-set, say you've been on a diet for a couple of weeks, you can say to yourself...well at least thats one thing thats going right! Another good tip is......go to your bed when you really feel like binge eating.

Good luck

xxxxx

Back