Emotional eating

Discussion in 'Bring your Head Inside and your Body will Follow' started by KD, 7 August 2007 Social URL.

1. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Was Cambridge, now maintaining
    The other day I read something on the net that really surprised me.

Even slim people that don't need to diet often eat because they are angry, sad, tired etc.

I never realised that. Possibly true too:eek:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Russiandoll

Russiandoll Carpe diem

Start Weight:
    17st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(2.89%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Weight Plan - Step 1
    Well, you always see it on the TV ... slim girls (yes, it's usually depicted as females) tucking into the Ben & Jerry's after a relationship bust-up etc. But maybe they know when to stop ....

I just carry on until I feel physically sick. For me, it starts as comfort and ends up as punishment. Yep - I'm screwy!

4. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    Yeh I have seen the skinniest of women devouring stuff I couldnt eat.......I reckon it must be a metabolism thing .......and maybe they just eat some and not try to polish of the lot....lol.

5. Linda5111

Linda5111 I can do this.

Diet:
    slim and save
    my sister's weight never moves off 8st and she isan emotional eater, she eat's when she's sad.. happy..bored..tired..etc.etc. it's not fair. lol.

6. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Yeah, reckon they do know when to stop, and subconsciously make up for eat over the next few days.

I'm sort of getting like this. Not that I do overeat very often, but when I do, I sort of 'naturally' eat less in the following meals.

7. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    Did you see that metabolism test they did on those friends. Think it was on Truth About Food prog.

2 very good friends. One superskinny, one rather overweight. Both insisted that the overweight one ate less. The skinny one said she ate loads more than the fat friend and admitted it wasn't fair. She also said she took less exercise than her friend. A pedometer soon proved her wrong...but also...

They gave both girls a very expensive drink. They didn't reveal what the drink did though. Not until the results were in.

Not sure how it worked, but by taking this drink, they could work out exactly how many calories the consumer was actually eating.

Both girls drank the drink and continued with their day not knowing this. Results came in and Mrs Big had indeed eaten waaayy more than Mrs Thin.

8. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    That makes 2 of us then for the screwy farm!!!..lol:eek: I just have not done enough headwork yet to be able to put down a tub of Ben and Jerry's after maybe only a couple of spoons!!!!...:eek::rolleyes:

Best not to pick one up in the first place I think.....:D

9. KD

KD Gone fishing

Diet:
    B&J's is a real challenge though isn't it! You can't count that one. Finishing of B&J is normal behaviour ;)

10. Isis

Isis Ancient Egypt Nut!

Current Weight:
    18st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks KD :D

I'm glad I'm not on my own with that one!!! my biggest downfall with B&J's is the Cookie Dough recipe:eek:

I wouldn't care but I don't even particularly like Ice-cream!!!!!:rolleyes:

11. Mia

Mia Skinny girl in a fat body

Start Weight:
    14st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st10lb(11.82%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge/Exante
    Ha Ha Isis, I am not a particularly great ice cream fan either, but I also love B&J's cookie dough lol. Have you tried fish food - OMG that's lush too x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.