emotional eating..

time2go

Gold Member
Who does this? I do! Boredom. Happiness. Sad.whatever I just eat

I do, too.

I think the great thing about Exante & other VLCDs is that food is taken out of the equation.

It can be hard to deal with emotions when you can't turn to food - but you can learn a lot about yourself & find new healthier ways of coping.

I don't eat while bored but I do eat (binge, infact) when I'm upset about something. :)

That's definitely me. I remember on my 2nd week of the diet I had a massive row with the OH, I stormed into the kitchen and whereby before I would have gone for the alcohol and any sort of junk food I could get my hands on, this time I grabbed a can of coke zero, lol. I felt a huge sense of achievement, although know I still have a long way to go in dealing with my emotions.

Well controlled! I am doing well with it too, got loads going on just now and still not eating :) x

You do learn to cope better with your emotions on this diet, I am a very emotional eater, slightest thing that went wrong before and I would have a bar of chocolate in each hand, packs of crisps open beside me and cakes on the arm of the chair waiting their turn lol. Tonight I have had my first real test to not emotionally eat in 5 months and I have done it, I haven't reached for the junk food, instead I got my tea ready (well ish) some turkey breast and light Philadelphia (all weighed and carbs and cals worked out) and I have eaten that. I know its not quite a proper tea or strictly to diet regulation but still, round one to me lol

Back