Emotional eating!!

CeeB84

Just wondered if anyone else is/was an emotional eater?? And if anyone has any tips on how to break the cycle?? Thanks :)

In this diet all I can say I you go On a journey and you really do realise how much you would emotional eat. Keep sticking through think about how much weight you will lose and how great you will feel once the compliments start rolling in x

I have always been. It took a few months and the odd experience of actual hunger to be able to differentiate between the two. After almost 6 months on plan I still feel that way, but just make sure I acknowledge that I'm not actually hungry to myself, and try to avoid feeding emotional "hunger". This diet does wonders for our body's but unfortunately our brains are a whole other challenge!

Do you think its easier to stick to the ss rather than doing it with a meal. I wouldn't say i find it easy, but the days i only have the three shakes are the days that i don't seem to cheat at all... Really struggling at the moment and feel guilty and like iv cheated myself (which i have) you've done so well with your weight loss. Could you send some of your will power my way please. Xx

It is hard, I have no idea. I'm not too happy today ( car failed its MOT, I got bad course work grades) I just want to eat everything. But I know I can't, and that I don't really want to. I think if I did I would feel even worse. And thats what I'm holding on to. It would make things so much worse. I would feel disappointed in my self not just when I did it, but for days after.

I realise I'm looking for comfort food. I'm not actually needing anything to eat. I'm seriously considering taking my eeyore hot water bottle on the buss to hug.

Do you think its easier to stick to the ss rather than doing it with a meal. I wouldn't say i find it easy, but the days i only have the three shakes are the days that i don't seem to cheat at all... Really struggling at the moment and feel guilty and like iv cheated myself (which i have) you've done so well with your weight loss. Could you send some of your will power my way please. Xx

I found it easier to stick with SS since theres no opportunity for error - but that was the whole appeal of this diet for me, no thinking, just packs!

now i'm having more it's much harder!

x

Firelass - hold strong you can do it, if your anything like me its far to easy to reach for that chocolate and then beat your self up about it for hours even days after words. But knowing that you've got threw with it has got to be more rewarding. Iv realised its all about control. And if i can control what i eat my whole life seems to be more relaxed. (easier said than done sometimes) just keep focusing on that end goal. I just hope that maintaining a happy weight is going to be so much easier than loosing it. Sending hugs... Hope it helps. Xx

Crazy diamond- thank you for your advice, Im going to give the ss ago. Think it will be easier to cut out food totally for a while. Maybe help me understand my own personal battles with it and my emotions Xx

Well this last weekend was an absolute nightmare. Received some really bad news and instead of talking it threw like a normal person i found comfort in chocolate and a take away. And then was racked with guilt about eating such un healthy foods!! When does the whole healthy eating thing click in to place in one's brain?!? So disappointed in myself... So Monday was yet another restart. And at risk of sounding like a broken record.. I really am determined this time.

Well this last weekend was an absolute nightmare. Received some really bad news and instead of talking it threw like a normal person i found comfort in chocolate and a take away. And then was racked with guilt about eating such un healthy foods!! When does the whole healthy eating thing click in to place in one's brain?!? So disappointed in myself... So Monday was yet another restart. And at risk of sounding like a broken record.. I really am determined this time.

Speaking for me The healthy eating thing doesn't seem to just click in - it takes determination to stick to the plan, but its not really sorting the healthy eating - because i'm not eating so don't have to deal with the 'what can I have/how much can I have...and what can I do to find ways round what I can have choice' The only choice I have to make at this stage is yes i'll stick 100% or no I'll cheat choice and luckily at the moment its a no-brainer for me - but its easy when your head is in the right place.

In my mind its a 2 stage battle- its clear in my mind that I am doing this plan to lose the weight but that the real focus once down to goal will be on dealing with my eating issues (having lost nearly 8 stone before and not gone up the plans and not addressed the healthy eacting and put all but 2 lbs back on)and learning how to manage /cope/eat healthily...I am really hoping that working up through the plans properly will set me well on that road

Sorry its a bit rambly - for me focusing on the one at a time has helped

8stone is amazing, well done :) Im generally pretty focused and then things trigger me off and that's it!! Food o'clock happens!! I think it would be so much easier if i could just hide for two weeks to get back on it properly. Don't know if you've found. But when iv done it before, after the first two weeks are gone it just seems to get so much easier to resist and say.no!

The cwp lemon bars are now the love of my life lol

Back