emotional rollercoaster

Hi I'm a newbie I started sw a fortnight ago and lost 5 lb in my first week which is great but I've turned into an emotional wreck. I've also come off the pill so I don't know if it's the hormones (bearing in mind I'm also breastfeeding) or the fact I'm detoxing off all the rubbish I've been eating.

I have no tolerance I'm snapping at everyone. I've got awful headaches despite me drinking lots (I'm having over the 8 glasses of water plus a decaf coffee each day)

And when I feel like this I normally head for the chocolate but I can't (gonna make sw chocolate mouse 1/2 syn a portion so ill probably eat it til I'm sick )

Did anyone feel like this in the first few weeks? Xx

Congrats on joining sw esp with a small baby! And 5lbs is brilliant! Its hard to keep on the wagon while emotions are high. Take it easy on yourself, you dont have to stop all you choc and coffee together, focus on one for a while before taking on the second! The headaches coming off caffeine can last a few days. Mine yourself!

I agree with Sonasgirl - it can be really tough on your system if you try and cut out chocolate altogether if you're used to eating it - just cut it down, you are allowed up to 15 syns a day - use them!

When I recently came of my birth control (Injection) last August, I felt like I was going through some kind of withdrawl - it seemed to be tough on my body and mind. I was manic, then despondant, then fine again and then crying like something devestating had happened because I cut my toast unevenly (true story).

I think give yourself a break and syn up the chocolate if it's going to help with everything else that is going on!

I also got bad headaches when I worked to reduce my caffiene intake - I still have a little but I cut out coffee completly and try and limit the tea, before that I was getting headaches around 10am for caffiene every day!

I actually have had a bad headache since yesterday night but read that can be a symptom of the body burning fat.

Thank you for all your kind replies.

My only caffeine was chocolate as I drink coffee / tea decaff due to feeding

I do think it's sugar chocolate and hormones. Star week hit me as well

Lol at the uneven toast ☺ but I know how u feel

Anyways thanks again xx

Back