Emotions....

nettie

Gold Member
Hi there!
I just wondered if any one had noticed that they feel a little bit emotional during weight loss?
I feel really strange today, I think I need a good cry but not really sure why.
I know it's a random question but this feeling is bizarre!

Yep definetly Hun.
the other night when I was really poorly and feeling sorry for myself I was reading my sw mag which then pissed me off because of all the inspirational stories lol so I put it down.
normally I love reading the mag, it spurs me on to want to do well etc but that particular night I felt jealous and sulky lol.

My emotions are all over the place at the moment mostly through feeling poorly, wanting to lose weight but can't exercise at the mo and the stresses of work too.

I think it is a roller coaster ride when you are trying to lose weight but we are all here to help each other Hun, if you ever feel abit down etc I'll be here to try and cheer you up :) xxxx

Thanks so much hun.
I dunno what it is, I dunno if I feel sad or what. I feel really tired as well today, just not myself at all.
I have felt funny since weigh in this morning, I'm really shocked that I've done this for 2 weeks and lost 10lbs, it feels like such an achievement that I'm kinda waiting for the day I mess up or realise my scales are broken! x

Don't be daft Hun, the scales are working fine ad your doing amazing. You should be feeling so proud of yourself.

I suffer with depression and anxiety so some days I'm up and down, it's kind hard to shrug off so I know exactly how you are feeling.

Im sure you will feel better tomorrow. Maybe take a nice hot bath, relax with a book and drink and have an early night or something xxx

I too suffer from depression and anxiety and my * week plays havoc with it :( it started yesterday, I was ok most of the day, knocking back the painkillers, lost 3lbs at WI so very happy and then today I've just crashed. Feeling so grumpy it's unreal. And I've fallen off the wagon spectacularly so now hating myself for doing so :(

You've done so well Nettie- 10lbs in 2 weeks is amazing, you must be very proud of yourself x

Could it perhaps be that while trying to lose weight, we're not emotionally overeating anymore and cos of that when we are fed up, upset, stressed etc we don't have our usual support mechanism which makes us feel worse?

I know I emotionally overeat and there are times I feel even more fed up knowing I can't eat to make me feel better! It takes time and hard graft to find other ways of coping. It could even mean facing up to some hard issues. I know I overeat cos I'm not happy at work and it's quite daunting to think I need to find a new job, especially with a baby on the way and in some ways it's easier to eat than face up to being unhappy with something in life.

I'm a div, I didn't buy a load of healthy stuff in, I just went along to my first group on Monday night then got home and realised I couldn't eat anything in the house. I'll be able to get some proper stuff in this weekend. Still won't be able to have thick white toast with loads of butter though :(

Thanks so much for the replies everyone, I am a definite comfort eater and I'm sure this could be part of it, didn't think of it until you said.
I also have depression, anxiety and panic attacks which I have medication for. Things are changing at work and my lack of self confidence is eating away at me... maybe thats where the 10lbs has gone!
I could just eat a mcdonalds, crisps, biscuits and ice cream right now... but that's not going to resolve anything so I'm not going to do it :rolleyes:

Back