employment entitlement?

debtin

Gold Member
Can anyone help?...my oh works self employed for a company who pay his tax etc thru the books. He just has no entitlement to holiday pay etc. To cut a long story short he has left that company but they have taken off 500pound from his last wage. They are sayin it is due to bad work although didn't inform him of this until now when we are querying it. Surely they need to give you something in writing showing the damage and the amount before just swiping it off his pay? It has left up considerably short for this months bills. Do we confront them?

debtin said:
Can anyone help?...my oh works self employed for a company who pay his tax etc thru the books. He just has no entitlement to holiday pay etc. To cut a long story short he has left that company but they have taken off 500pound from his last wage. They are sayin it is due to bad work although didn't inform him of this until now when we are querying it. Surely they need to give you something in writing showing the damage and the amount before just swiping it off his pay? It has left up considerably short for this months bills. Do we confront them?

Contact Acas, look at his contract too xx

Thanks...that's what I did. Then I went to there office and it was pointless. They make out they could have taken more but were doing you a favour. Got the anger out by confronting them tho and felt as tho I had finally stood up for my family. Today I feel annoyed that the bills are not gettin paid and I have already used our holiday money and its still not enough ugh

Back