Ems Quest for slimming success

emms4179

So this is the first diary and first attempt at slimming world for me, first attempt at any proper diet actually, that's not to say I haven't needed to diet before just lacked motivation.....which you will soon discover is an ongoing issue!

I am hoping by starting this diary it will help me stay focused and motivated and actually make me lose the weight! I don't have huge amounts to lose and people ask why am I on a diet but you know when you get the feeling within yourself that you don't look right and are not comfortable.....well that's me right now so I am making the changes.

A little about me, I am pushing towards mid thirties :sigh: sounds depressing when I say that! have a stressful, professional job which takes up lots of my time and is predominantly office based so I lead quite a sedentary life, this will be my biggest challenge to change that.

I started slimming world 5 weeks ago and just reached my half stone last week WI so pretty chuffed with that, it is coming off slowly but surely and I don't mind that. I go to group and really enjoy it, I go with my friend who has lost over 4 stone in 5 months and she has done amazing and looks fab!

I am going to use this as sort of food diary as well as definitely can't keep track of 2 diaries lol and feel free to chime in, apparently my biggest problem is not eating enough according to group but I am one of those annoying people who is very fussy with food so trying to experiment and up my intake using the books and this wonderful site with lots of helpful ideas.

I am also trying to do my body magic and this will be my nemesis as after a hard days work I just lack any sense of motivation to get out there and do some exercise. Diary you will be my confessional and I am hoping by making myself write it down I will then get out and do it!

Think that's enough for now, will try to check back once a day and Good Luck to everyone else on your journey!

Em
x

Good luck on your journey! It will work, just keep at it :) This is maybe my 5th attempt at SW, between going back to uni and different things I always seem to lose my way for a month or 2 but definitely my last attempt at this! Looking forward to reading your food diary, I am posting mine this time round as well so feel free to read :)

P xx

Hi,
This is my 1st attempt at dieting seriously and my 1st go at SW :) Good Luck and keep us all posted :)

ha see I'm already rubbish at replying, hoping to be able to do it every 2 or 3 days but aiming for every day. Anyway thank you to everyone who has subscribed and wished me luck, I shall come and have a look at your diaries and subscribe once I get a hang of how to use this site.

So Monday was bonfire night and had a yummy chilli whilst watching the fireworks in the freezing cold!

Tuesday breakfast was the yummy magic porridge and a banana, then I had leftover chilli for lunch and had a ham and mushroom omelette for dinner. Easy dinner as Tues is shopping night so never want to cook anything heavy by the time I have finished work, been shopping and got home.

Still got lots of yummy things for the rest of the week and went onto a new website with loads of great recipes to try which are all slimming world friendly, its a canadian website but it is awesome.

Breakfast today is yummy magic porridge (HEB) and then lunch a had 4 crispbreads (6 syns) packed with wafer thin ham and salad, a banana and about 20 grapes.

Dinner tonight I am attempting the ultimate slimming world bacon cheeseburger....all homemade with lots of salad. If you knew me you would know what a mammoth achievement this could be (could all go wrong of course!).

Generally my HEA every day will be milk as cannot survive without my caffeine! Today of course I am saving it for cheese but reckon this will be my first cheese in probably about 6 weeks, never bothers me to have it or not which is good.

My house is football crazy so we shall be watching the Champions league tonight and the boys always have nachos dips etc...so may have a couple of crisps to use the last of my syns but will have to be super good and not go crazy with them!

WI tomorrow, not sure about this week as I was very bad on the weekend, my biggest failing weekend since I started SW but we shall see, even if 0.5lb I would be pleased as weight seems to come off quite slowly for me. I am still trying to make my 1 stone before my trip to New York on 1st December so really need to be super on plan these next few weeks.

Good luck everyone, over and out! :p

Yay made it back the next day. So today is the dreaded weigh in......hoping for at least a stay the same but we shall see.

My burgers were surprisingly yummy! Even have enough to have them tonight as well with lots of yummy salad, they must have been good as the dog was eyeing them up and he normally lives and eats like a King! lol

So today being my boring self I have had exactly the same lunch and breakfast as yesterday lol, I didn't specifically make stuff for lunch this week as I am off work tomorrow and Monday (YAY) so it would have gone to waste so just having leftovers. Normally I would make a big batch of soup or something for lunches so shall do this for next week.

Tomorrow and the weekend is going to be tough....off out with mum and sister tomorrow all day xmas shopping. We are all starbucks girls and have a real weakness especially with the Xmas coffees out so I am going to use my syns for this tomorrow but limit myself. Lunch should be fine as can just have a jacket potato then I already have dinner at home.

Saturday I am out for a friends birthday but thankfully going to an Italian which is not too bad....could have been worse might have been Indian or Chinese lol still I shall have to be good. For me it won't be the food but the drink that will be the killer but I am going to flex syn and stick to my limit.

Up early on Sunday for Remembrance Day parade and again then out with family for lunch etc but I shall resist....might use my syns for starbucks though! This will be an ongoing theme you will notice....this woman can live off starbucks alone lol.

Anyway i will try to put my results up tonight but if not have a nice weekend y'all and good luck with staying on plan. Over and Out

em
x

LOL told you I would have a burst and then be useless, oh well I have still been on plan and had two weigh ins, last Thursday and last night....1lb each week so pleased with that as this week is * week and I have had a couple of lapses, little losses but going in the right direction, aiming for a super big push in the next two weeks before NY however as I reckon I will probably put on a few pounds over there so need to start lower and not gain too much lol.

Hope everyone else is doing super well and I shall come and view some other diaries when I get a chance.

em
xx

Hi All,

feeling extremely motivated this week which is great news with only 2 weeks to go till NYC I need to drop a few more pounds before then. I have been 100% on plan this week so far.....still lacking in body magic but I am working on it slowly, will probably be much more focused after holiday and Christmas I think.

Do other people find they find one food they like and just get a bit stuck on it....this week I have had passata like every day and with everything, in soups, in pasta in chilli and even just helping myself to the jar which is very odd lol, must branch out next week....still at least it is super free which is super awesome.

Weigh In thursday so I shall update then with hopefully good news!

over and out

em
xx

Hi All,

feeling extremely motivated this week which is great news with only 2 weeks to go till NYC I need to drop a few more pounds before then. I have been 100% on plan this week so far.....still lacking in body magic but I am working on it slowly, will probably be much more focused after holiday and Christmas I think.

Do other people find they find one food they like and just get a bit stuck on it....this week I have had passata like every day and with everything, in soups, in pasta in chilli and even just helping myself to the jar which is very odd lol, must branch out next week....still at least it is super free which is super awesome.

Weigh In thursday so I shall update then with hopefully good news!

over and out

em
xx

Hi Ems, just thought I would pop in and say hi! I've only been doing SW for 4 weeks and like you say - I stick with one food (well 2) my breakfast always ends up as wholemeal pitta and egg, and tea ends up being mushrooms and pasta etc etc in any way shape or form you can think of.... Passata has just become my new best friend, and I made myself buy some spices today to jazz it up a little lol :)

Anyway, sounds like you're getting there and I look forward to reading how you get on from here :) Feel free to pop in my diary too - I also find it difficult to remember to post lol :) xx

aww thanks for stopping by Lainie I shall come and find your diary on the weekend and definitely subscribe. Just a quick message to the internet universe that something must be right as 2lb off this week!!!:D super happy with that as my losses tend to be 0.5 to 1lb a week, just goes to show what a little bit of hard work and focus can do.....am aiming for my stone award next week, have 3 pounds to go and know it will be difficult but gonna aim there and hopefully get a couple at least!
Happy Friday everybody

em
xx

Hey miniminners, hope everyone is well.

I am up and down this week, super busy preparing to go away so hardly any time to eat but was not good on the weekend. I babysat for my niece and nephew and they were having Pizza so I had 2 slices of cheese pizza.....first time I have had cheese in ages and man was it goooooooood. Was good the rest of the night but then Sat I went shopping and lunching at Bluewater and had two Starbucks.....and ate at Gourmet burger! I was good with what I ate and I did not then have a dinner on Sat but just some soup but still I feel incredibly guilty for it when I have been doing so well.
I was back on plan on Sunday and have been all week but it has felt a bit hit and miss this week, I think because I am super stressing about going away so been eating at odd times as working late and not too focused on what I am eating.
Still we shall see what the scales reveal tomorrow, I am still hoping for an STS or a loss I don;t think I have gained as don't feel I have but we shall see, sending all sorts of positive vibes out to the cosmos to help me reach my stone!

over and out

em
xx

Back