En-route to the 16s...

Hi all,

Well after the most embarrassing summer...

• The seatbelt on the plane didn't fit me..not even close :(
  • I didn't fit on a ride at Alton Towers..and had to get off :(
  • I have broken a dining chair and one of my garden chairs :(
  • And countless other episodes!..

I have decided it to give weight loss my very best shot.

I came home from Lanzarote weighing in at 18st 11lbs.. my heaviest.

One week on of me trying to eat a lot less and I am weighing in at 18st 4.. so good start so far.

Now need to get myself sorted with a structured diet, so planning on calorie counting.

MFP has given me 1580, so will stick to that for now.

Todays diary:
B - Kelloggs Krave & ss milk
L - Tuna sandwich and carton of orange juice.
D - Gorgeous quiche and salad

No snacks all day

Am trying to get hubbie and son out for a cycle ride now before it gets dark :)

Ok so day 2.

Had the same breakfast as yesterday and then went shopping for new dress for wedding next week. Thankfully got a lovely long maxi dress...couldnt face showing my legs! Did have a McDonalds for lunch as I said my son could pick where to go..just had filet o fish, so not too bad. Planning on having same dinner as yesterday, the quiche is still ing the fridge and was delish.

Todays diary:

B - Kelloggs Krave & ss milk
L - Filet o Fish
D - Gorgeous quiche and salad

No snacks all day

Keep going sweetheart. One day at a time, even take it one meal at a time. Just eat a bit less move a bit more and your body will do the maths.. Sounds like you have your head in the right place. Good luck xxxx

Thank you Sue..yes my head feels like it is in the right place at the moment.. really enjoying the last few days. You like like you have done amazingly! Well done!

Ok today:

B - 1 boiled egg, 2 small slicces of bread from fresh bloomer with scraping of butter and a cup of tea
L - 3 mini pittas, houmous, beetroot and smoky chargrilled prawns from M&S

D - (Planned for later) Indian takeaway with friends.. 1 portion tandoori prawns, tarka dhal and 1 chapati...

Snacks - cherry activia yoghurt, some grapes and a peach

Thank you Sue..yes my head feels like it is in the right place at the moment.. really enjoying the last few days. You like like you have done amazingly! Well done!

Ok today:

B - 1 boiled egg, 2 small slicces of bread from fresh bloomer with scraping of butter and a cup of tea
L - 3 mini pittas, houmous, beetroot and smoky chargrilled prawns from M&S

D - (Planned for later) Indian takeaway with friends.. 1 portion tandoori prawns, tarka dhal and 1 chapati...

Snacks - cherry activia yoghurt, some grapes and a peach

I've still got a bit to go. But I guess I lost 5 stones, and have kept it off for about 16 months now, and after being fat all my life... And I mean ALL my life 10.5 pound when I was born!! Ouch for my poor mum! I've got comfortable and been confident at being a size 10/12.
It truly is something I only ever dreamed of!! I still worry that I'm going to wake up one morning fat again!! I have to pinch myself. But something clicked and I decided to stop the ridiculous starving and fad diets, and simply eat about less and move more. And change happened. Because I didn't rush it or do anything unhealthy I can stick at it. I have McDonald's every week and have done since I started losing weight, I just choose to spend my calories on that if I want to, same with chocolate, I just don't feel guilty anymore and end up binging like old days.
I seem to float between 10-7 and 11 stone at the moment which is maintainable and means I still have chocolate and the odd takeaway but still calorie count. But I just feel I'd like to get down to 10 stone and see how I feel. Not sure if it would suit me now I'm older though : /
Anyway life is for living and food is an essential and enjoyable part of life. Just moderate and stick with what you are doing. It looks like you have the mind set xxx hugs susie xx

You have done amazingly well, I do think its important to have treats in life that we like...like an occasional takeaway or cake or chocolate. I made the 3 ingredient brownies this afternoon, enjoyed my 1 that I had and feel comfortable that I wont binge on them!

I can't imagine how fantastic that must be to look in the mirror to see me as a size 12 looking back at me! I wouldn't stop pinching myself!

I have tried so many fad diets, I know this is the right one :)

Ok so today I have had

B - 3 tiny little slices of toast wtih scraping of butter and raspberry jam & Tea
L - 3 mini pitta, houmous,smoky prawns and beetroot
D - chicken breast, peri peri sauce and salad

Snacks - orange juice, frazzles and a cadburys brunch bar, cherry activia yoghurt & a small choc brownie

Hello, just had a wee read through your diary. You are doing well so far - and congrats on losing that first half a stone!

Ahh thank you :)

You look like you are doing great also! I feel really motivated at the moment, going away to a wedding in Dunlin later this week, so hope I will be strong enough then too!

So todays food went slightly wrong... ended up with an unexpected guest who I then gave my dinner too..so ended up having the same that I had for lunch!

In hair salon, no time for breakie
sad0059.gif

B - White coffee with 1 sugar
L - Prawn sandwich on white bread
D - Prawn sandwich on white bread (Was planning on having steak tonight for dinner, but unexpected guest arrived - so gave mine away!)

Another white coffee and a cherry activia yoghurt

Will try and have some fruit later

Total calories 1220

Sorry for the late entry...saw my GP yesterday who elives I might be coeliac..so spent the evening reading about that :-(

Anyway..yesterday
B - 2 white toast with honey and a cup of tea
L - Kelloggs Krave and semi skimmed milk
D - Tortilla wrap with chicken and salad

Snacks - 1 wholemeal bread, 36g mature cheddar and branston pickle
& an acitiva yoghurt

Total cals 1315

Eeek...,my 5 a day is not looking good at the moment :-(

Today :)

B - 2 x toast and honey, 1 cup of tea
L - Pain rustique roll with prawn cocktail
D - Jacket potato, tuna, beans & cheese

Snacks - frazzles crisps & a solero

Total calories = 1475

Ok, so had a long weekend in Dublin, was planning on catching up with all my days food..but wasnt the best!

Ended up putting 4bs back on :-(

So far today:

B - 3 small toast, with raspberry jam and 1 cup of tea
L - filet o fish from Mcds with 3 chicken nuggets
D - chiken and white wine pasta & 2 slices of M&S garlic baguette
Snacks - Topic bar & a solero

Total cals 1837

Last edited:
Don't worry too much about the gain, life is for living and hopefully you had a great weekend.
A quick gain like that will drop just as quickly if you get back on track now.
It's when we let a meal out or weekend away turn into a week or month off the wagon that it turns into a slippery slope.
You are back with the right positive attitude!
Go you!! Xx

Thanks Sue, yes determined to get back on track..I had a great weekend ad definitely ate less than what I would have done normally.. am hopefuly t will come off soon again :)

Back