En suite - cultural expectation!!

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by Em_Butterfly, 7 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Em_Butterfly

Em_Butterfly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(35.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Do you

Last edited: 7 August 2011
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Do you what?

4. Em_Butterfly

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(35.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Oops edited it and deleted the text! Meant to ask whether people think it is ok for guests to use their ensuite? I personally don't like it and I have a friend who keeps doing it despite two the other toilets available. My living room is on the first floor opposite the master bedroom, everyone else always goes downstairs to the guest toilet or upstairs to the bathroom. I feel a bit invaded with someone using my personal ensuite and going into my bedroom - is this just me? What can I say to stop her doing it without looking rude or petty?

Em

5. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Put an out of order notice on the door and tell her the flush isn't working.

Or lock the bedroom door and tell her that you are sorting out some stuff and it is very untidy.

Or just say, sorry could you use the one downstairs, and don't give a reason. It's your house!

6. Em_Butterfly

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(35.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Lol I like the out of order sign idea! It's a funny cultural code really; a toilets a toilet after all? But it cheesed me off anyway.

7. fillymum

fillymum synful soul

Start Weight:
    107kg
    Current Weight:
    85kg
    Goal Weight:
    79kg
    Lost(%):
    22kg(20.56%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Bang out of order.

I would feel cross as well. Your bedroom is just that.............your bedroom, not hers or anyone else's and unless you invite her to use it she should stay out of it.

The out of order sign is a good idea but would serve its purpose for a short time. I think a quiet word in a friendly manner telling her that your en-suite and your bedroom are private. Make a joke out of it if you have to but personally I would just say something like, " I am so sorry but, (always a but ) the bedroom is out of bounds. You never know what you are going to find in there and I would hate you to be shocked ".....and laugh. Blame your OH if you have to. Say he doesn't like it as he has personal stuff around.............

No, in my opinion you have every right to be miffed.

8. teen

teen post op loser

Start Weight:
    19st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    8st8.5lb(43.82%)
    I would be the same I dont even let my girls (they are 19) go in my bedroom with out me been there Your bedroom is your private space

9. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    I wouldn't like it but with it being on the same floor as your living room cans see maybe why she would use it but its an invasion of space I think!
    Maybe you could leave something in there that she wouldn't like to see next time she is due to visit that might put her off ;)

10. Em_Butterfly

Start Weight:
    17st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st3lb(35.08%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Thank you so much! OH thought it was bad but didn't really see it as a problem - men! I'm glad it's not just me! She's coming around again on Thursday so I will try and say something when she says she going to use the toilet! I did sit there opened mouthed when I realised she had gone into my bedroom yesterday! Despite the living rook being on the same level no one else has done it but my mum said this might happen when I bought the house! I was never allowed to use my mum and dad's ensuite growing up so to me it's a big no-no!

Thank you for making me feel sane!

Em x

11. Sio

Sio Full Member

Definately out of order! Just have a quiet word and ask her to use the 'guest' bathroom

12. BuzzyBee

BuzzyBee Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st12lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.2%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Even if I knew where the toilet was, I still ask if I could use the toilet and give them the freedom and option to tell me incase there is a different bathroom that they'd rather i use. People assume many things, personally i think an ensuite bathroom is private.. I hate people going into my bedroom.
    In her defence she probably means no harm and assumes its ok because its all on the same floor..
    I just think why so lazy, just go up or down to use the loo!!

13. Shirleen

Shirleen Gold Member

Start Weight:
    21st12.5lb
    Current Weight:
    21st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8.5lb(2.77%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Stick cling film over the seat so next time she has a nasty surprise!

14. mumtheshopper

mumtheshopper Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.15%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Funny isn't it, but it really wouldn't bother me. I'd probably tell people to use the nearest one. Well friends I felt comfy with anyhow. MAybe not a double glazing salesman
    I would probably do it in your house without it ocurring to them it would be a problem, so maybe the best policy is to say if it was. She shouldn't be offended

15. Stackhead

Stackhead Slow and steady...

Start Weight:
    21st9.5lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    5st13.5lb(27.51%)
    Diet:
    Calorie counting with MFP
    :D I go to my friends house before nights out (she's still at home like me :() and she has an en-suite.

We always get ready in her room and for 10 years i've always used the loo on the landing rather than her en-suite. Last weekend she asked why I did that and I told her I felt weird using what is essentially her personal toilet. She laughed at me.

If your uncomfortable with her using it just mention that you are. I'm sure she'll be happy to use another loo.

xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.