Encoragement for non cheater

Liz0800

I,

Well I am on day 10 now. I weighed myself on a dd a few days ago and was 9.13. I am petite so am very plump just now.

Anyway I have done dd then up then dd throughout ie no ups x two ever. On my up day I have eaten what I have liked ie not calorie counted at. Had what I like but not gorged you know. Today I am 10.1 naked at 6 am. Feel really fed up. Loved the diet as its do- able. Now I think oh dear, I am back to a life of daily restricting. I can do this and go to 1750 on the up but wanted to follow it as horizon said. My dd I have kept to 500 cals.

Sorry just feel really fat and ugly today. I go on my summer hol this sat and feel like a beached whale. I thought this diet was going to be the one and I could get to goal. I would have been happy to have stayed the same. I do feel fatter too like its real weight not fluid.

Yours miserable today

Liz

Sorry to be a moaner

Xxx

I really think that taking a daily weight as a snapshot on this diet is a massive no-no. On this diet, our weight fluctuates so wildly - more than any other way of eating - and what that weight might be on any one day is down to a huge number of factors. Also, have you come from a vlcd or low carb WOE? If so, it's likely that you will gain some water weight.

If you have stuck to your DDs and not really gone beyond 2000 cals on your UDs, I cannot see how you could have gained 'real' weight. Keep going - keep under 500 cals and track a few UDs to make sure you're not going over 2000 cals.

I'm making it my mission on this board to convert everyone to average weighings! Try daily weighing - watch how your weight fluctuates, notice your high and low of the week and then take an average reading - I reckon the averages will come down over several weeks. Give it time.

Morning Liz

If today is a Down Day and you weighed this morning, that means you weighed yourself after an UP day!

Why not weigh again tomorrow after today's Down Day? I bet there's a difference :D

P x

Paulinegin said:
Morning Liz

If today is a Down Day and you weighed this morning, that means you weighed yourself after an UP day!

Why not weigh again tomorrow after today's Down Day? I bet there's a difference :D

P x

You beat me to it!! have a really good dd today and i think you will be surprised in the morning!! X

Liz come tomorrow with a big smile on your face. I stopped weigh ing myself now(well only day 2 and I feel anxious for the first few hours but I am determined). Keep with it and trust in it. I am sending you some virtual ((HUGS))

Hi love, I'm also petite (hence the name :))

See what they say tomorrow if you want. Like you say you are sticking to the diet so it's very unlikely you've actually put on any weight.

I'm sorry you're feeling anxious about it. Perhaps you're extra nervous because of your holiday and of course it's natural to worry when we go away. Try and remember that there are so many different factors that may make us put on or lose weight without us even realising. It's crazy really when you think about it. With JUDDD it's a bit of a test at times because like others have said, your weight probably will fluctuate a lot. Give it a bit of time I'd say.

I hope you have a reasonable day, let us know how things go.

xxxx

Hi and thanks to you all.

Actually I ate dd yesterday so I think it will be worse tomorrow if I weigh but having read all of your threads I feel a lot better. I meant to say today is an up day. Sorry my mistake.

I am not counting my calories on up days. I don't think on horizon it said we needed to. Over a 14 day period of alternate up then dd there is still a calorie deficit so i should lose weight slowly . I want this to be a long term thing and don't want to count calories except on dd. if I do I go back into feeling so restricted and will binge and repeat the awful cycle I have found myself in.

MissHapp.....The daily weigh then weekly average makes more sense but it's hanging on to the progress when you see the scales go up rather than down. Maybe I should weigh fortnightly on an up day. But what you say makes sense x

I have time to get to goal for Xmas. I just want to look nice and feel good. I have turned 50 and the lines and face slumps are setting in. The beauty of youth is leaving me and I guess I felt a bit naff.

Bless you all for supporting me.....and all who sails in me ...lol

Liz xx

Love this post Liz great to see you brighter, we all get panic stricken with those bloomin scales and I think that's what we should work on more than our food, how to beat the obsession of seeing the scales going down. What if we just concentrated on how we feel on this amazing plan? and the real health benefits? it's not just about getting there is about how and in what shape you will get there?

hey liz just wanted to check in with you about ur gain. im on my 2nd juddd week and gained last week too. i came off a vlcd and gained 2lbs and this week im hoping to be on course for a stay the same, then will hopefully see a loss next week! im gutted about the scales too but im not prepared to give up on juddd yet because i really want to give this a good go over the next few weeks to see the change in my body and use this as my long term plan. what i have noticed is that my stomach does feel flatter although my measurements havent changed so maybe these are things you need to look out for instead of using the scales. have you taken measurements too? xx

Liz I'm I wrong here? you said you started at 10.5 and this morning you weighed 10.1 that looks like a 4lbs loss to me which is not to be sniffed at.

Hi passionflower.....my last weight at beginning of the week was 9.13 hence me going up despite several days of following plan BUT I hadn't done the restricted up day and yes I need to focus on the health benefits.

I feel better just now and less angst.

Liz xx

Thanks lumpyandbumby...it's true what you say.

I am going to stick this one out with you all here. For Xmas I will be at nine stone

Lizxx

Thanks lumpyandbumby...it's true what you say.

I am going to stick this one out with you all here. For Xmas I will be at nine stone

Lizxx

thats the spirit! remember to take your measurements every month too, its the inches that determine what size clothes we can get into, not the evil scales! x

Hi Liz fab advice from everyone and you are sounding brighter which is great. I have always been against daily weighing as its counter productive , especially as some people 'need' to see a loss on the scales. I am more of a 'Its what you look like that counts' kind of gal. I weighed weekly for the first 6/7 weeks of juddd then had a sts so decided to see what actually happened after UP s and DD' s, I find it absolutely fascinating but then the gains I experience during the week don't affect me in the slightest, I know its food weight and perhaps a bit of water, that 'weight' never shows on my body so I never stress it, so I am a hypocrite suggesting you don't daily weigh but in all honesty this is not the diet to do it if the gains upset you as there will be some but heres the secret they are not real xx Hope you have a lovely holiday and hope that Juddd helps you reach your goal, have you seen the 'All I want for Christmas thread, its a challenge that takes us to christmas so very exciting, there are loads of us that can make it with even small losses a week , if you havent joined up for it yet then please do, puts things in perspective a bit, Christmas is just around the corner and your goal is too xx

Back