End of Day 3 on my first attempt at Cambridge Diet

Gillyanna

I started the CD on Tuesday. I had no idea what to expect as I have never done any kind of meal replacement diet before and I've already been through some of the high's and lows. The lows include a permanent dull headache, fatigue and low energy levels OH and sudden invites to lots of nights out that I would normally love but can't risk because I don't want to jeopardise my diet!

The highs are feeling like I'm doing something positive about my weight. It's been really hard because I love my food and I'm constantly hungry but I'm told this is only until I come out of the other side of ketosis and then I can look forward to having lots more energy and less hunger pangs. Is this true?

I'm really determined to keep with it. I don't have that much to lose, just two stone but it still feels like I have a long road ahead.

How long does ketosis take to kick in and how will I know when I'm in it? Also when does it start to feel good? Surely people couldn't stick at this indefinitely if it was this hard all the way through?

Fellow CDieters your comments have kept me going so far. Whenever I feel a weakness coming on I find some online comments to inspire me and motivate me which is why I joined this network!

It's really good to know we are all in it together ;)

Hey! Congrats on making it 3 days! Alot give up on the first couple of the days as it is a very hard diet to stick to! However, your pretty much trhough the worst of it! After 4/5 days you will go into ketosis and the hunger pains will go and you will have lots of energy. On day 5 i woke up at 6am and cleaned the house from top to bottom lol! Im on day 11 and its so much easier now that im in the swing of things! Although i did find it EXTREMLY hard this evening whilst doing my kids/hubby dinner of chicken,rice and veg in a creamy sauce. Whenever im tempted to cheat i just imagine myself looking like a beached whale in a bikini on my 2 holidays i am going on this year! I have lost 18 lbs in 11 days so very chuffed! Good luck hun and if your ever feeling down/hungry/about tol cheat come on here for support as everyone is great :)

oh and to check your in ketosis you can be Ketostix, you can get them in pretty much any chemist, you just pee on a stick and it tells you if your in ketosis x

Gillyanna you are quite similar to me in that you don't have loads to lose, but by mo means does that make it any easier! I love to exercise but i also love to eat and it has always been my down fall! I have put my body through so many different diets that my metabolism is totally shot so a pretty sever approach through something like Cambridge seemed the only option left to kick my body in to losing some of this fat! I was told to start on step 2 as my bmi was only a teeny bit over 25 and i have finished day 1 today. I felt hungry mid afternoon but energy wise and stuff i have to say i didnt feel much different but i guess its different for everyone and depends on ur diet before starting cd. I ddnt eat carbs or sugar after 5pm mon-fri anyway so that hasnt been such a shock to me but today i did struggle with the idea that i could only have 80g green veg as that is v little! Anyway ive made it to end of day with mo slip ups, but i am bloody starving now lol! Good luck for rest of wk and pls keep us updated on ur progress :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Gillyanna said:
I started the CD on Tuesday. I had no idea what to expect as I have never done any kind of meal replacement diet before and I've already been through some of the high's and lows. The lows include a permanent dull headache, fatigue and low energy levels OH and sudden invites to lots of nights out that I would normally love but can't risk because I don't want to jeopardise my diet!

The highs are feeling like I'm doing something positive about my weight. It's been really hard because I love my food and I'm constantly hungry but I'm told this is only until I come out of the other side of ketosis and then I can look forward to having lots more energy and less hunger pangs. Is this true?

I'm really determined to keep with it. I don't have that much to lose, just two stone but it still feels like I have a long road ahead.

How long does ketosis take to kick in and how will I know when I'm in it? Also when does it start to feel good? Surely people couldn't stick at this indefinitely if it was this hard all the way through?

Fellow CDieters your comments have kept me going so far. Whenever I feel a weakness coming on I find some online comments to inspire me and motivate me which is why I joined this network!

It's really good to know we are all in it together ;)

Hey there it's my day 3 today too. Not sure what your starting weight or goals are but u hve come to the right place. Lots of fab advice and good support. I have started on step 4 because I had some surgery a few weeks back and I think it's harder because I prepared myself to give up food and this way I seem to be cheating it am not. I like the choc and choc mint shake. Didn't like the cappuccino one but I had that hot.
If u have managed up till now I'm sure u will meet your goal in no time. Good luck x

Thanks for ur responses ladies:)

I should have given some more details (new to this) I'm on sole source. My CDC didn't have her bmi reader so just put me on first step so have found it first but the news that I might be through the worst really cheered me up!! I'm 11st 3 and my goal is 9st 3. We'll see. Am a bit concerned about putting it back on too but I think when I get to my ideal weight I won't throw away all my hard work.

Good to hear also that it's tough for everyone (sorry ladies lol!!) but this type of weight loss was never gonna be easy! I'm loving the cappuccino and vanilla shakes whipped up in the blender with ice but the coffee and walnut and coffee taste too malty for me.

First weigh in on Tuesday. Wish me luck. And if you have just started YES it's hard but it does work!! Stick with it!! X

Thanks for ur responses ladies:)

I should have given some more details (new to this) I'm on sole source. My CDC didn't have her bmi reader so just put me on first step so have found it first but the news that I might be through the worst really cheered me up!! I'm 11st 3 and my goal is 9st 3. We'll see. Am a bit concerned about putting it back on too but I think when I get to my ideal weight I won't throw away all my hard work.

Good to hear also that it's tough for everyone (sorry ladies lol!!) but this type of weight loss was never gonna be easy! I'm loving the cappuccino and vanilla shakes whipped up in the blender with ice but the coffee and walnut and coffee taste too malty for me.

First weigh in on Tuesday. Wish me luck. And if you have just started YES it's hard but it does work!! Stick with it!! X

HI Gillyanna

I started on SS+, on Tuesday evening, weighing in at 13st13lbs, eek, i'm 5ft9 and aiming to get to 12st by august, or sooner, I'm struggling.

I havent cheated yet, but i haveto say i nearly did yesterday in work with some cakes, and reading through peoples posts on here really helped, i just want to getto ketosois and pray for the best!

I get weighed for the 1st time on Monday, gotta get throug the weekend, and a sober night out!

Good luck Ladies,

Let me know how it goes!

xxx

Hiya

At a similar stage to a few of you here :) started tuesday lunchtime and woke today feeling a bit sick. Still get hungry every so often but I did a ketostix yesterday and it turned dark pink *meh* can't wait to just get over the weekend and get weighed on tuesday. Then I can say I survived the first week haha. Got a day out on monday showing my grandparents the chapel we're getting married at and I just know I'm going to find it really hard to drink the shake when we go for lunch. Ah well, it will be worth it in the end! xxx

Hey there it's my day 3 today too. Not sure what your starting weight or goals are but u hve come to the right place. Lots of fab advice and good support. I have started on step 4 because I had some surgery a few weeks back and I think it's harder because I prepared myself to give up food and this way I seem to be cheating it am not. I like the choc and choc mint shake. Didn't like the cappuccino one but I had that hot.
If u have managed up till now I'm sure u will meet your goal in no time. Good luck x

ohh snap! They are the only two I like too LOL! xx

At least u guys haven't cheated I have every day... I'm on step 4 and have an allowance of 1200 cals but it's harder. So today I've put myself on step 2 810 cals only. In a few weeks I can start in ss+ and I can't wait as I know I'm not allowed to eat. The water intake has got easier I hve to admit and I'm trying the cappachino blended but tastes awful still!!!!

So day 4 easier than day 3. I really hope I survive the weekend with kids n hubby at home.... That's like three meals that I hve to cook. :(

I've broken the diet :cry:

I had an awful few days at work, was tearful, exhausted and shaky. Partly due to work stress and partly due to a big dip in energy levels. Came home this evening and ate a be good to yourself bar and a piece of chocolate...

Have however skipped one of my cd meals....I reckon I'm about 200 cals up on my daily amount...have I completely knackered my diet and will I need to go through the whole ketosis horrible period again or is it redeemable?

Am so disappointed with myself, I was doing so well. Please give me some advice :break_diet:

Gillyanna said:
I've broken the diet :cry:

I had an awful few days at work, was tearful, exhausted and shaky. Partly due to work stress and partly due to a big dip in energy levels. Came home this evening and ate a be good to yourself bar and a piece of chocolate...

Have however skipped one of my cd meals....I reckon I'm about 200 cals up on my daily amount...have I completely knackered my diet and will I need to go through the whole ketosis horrible period again or is it redeemable?

Am so disappointed with myself, I was doing so well. Please give me some advice :break_diet:

I think a blip is fine especially when u have had a hard day. It's mind over matter but god how hard is this? Listen draw the line and start agin tomorrow. It's only 200 cals up so maybe u can work it off somehow tomorrow. Weight fluctuates so u still have a few more days until your weigh in . Stay strong and I think from what I've learnt from others on this forum is drink loads more water. When is your weigh in day? Mine is on TUesday at 11. I've also not strictly stuck to my plan but listen a loss is a loss. Don't get disheartened first week is the hardest and you are halfway through. Xxx

Thanks! Just really upset with myself because it felt like I was going into ketosis and I was struggling but felt if I kept going an extra couple of days I'd be through it so really hoping I've not scuppered myself. I'm on the water now and will drink loads more before bed. Will also do a walk tomorrow. Exercise might help?

Got another four days to make it up as my weigh in isn't until 6pm on Tuesday evening. I hope this has made me more determined than ever to keep going rather than go back the other way or WHAT IS THE POINT in torturing myself for the past four days!

Will take your advice though....helps me to know that I may not have completely blown it. And thanks for the support ! xx

Hi everyone on 10th day, well done all so far first four days are hardest..

Gilly: drink plenty of water, what u ate has sugar in so you could be out of ketosis get some ketostix tomorrow from chemist to be sure. Also dont skip your shakes, they have the nutrients we need so even if u have a blip keep the shakes up.

I stupidly had 2spoonfuls of chilli con carni tonight and i am sure ive kicked myself out of ketosis just isnt worth it :(

Def boredom for me i am trying to keep busy to stop myself being hungry...

Tomorrows a new start x

Congrats with sticking to it. I hit ketosis on Day 4 and I don't feel hungry very often but I do eat regularly. I had bad headaches on the very first day but I was fine the next day. Keep it up and you'll soon feel better.

Hey guys,

So first weigh in today and I lost 9lbs!! about an inch everywhere, very pleased after 6 days, 15lbs to go. Eeek.

I had a night out on saturday with friends and didnt drink i was very tempted but stayed strong and resisted a brownie in a cafe. So pleased.

Its still tough but worth it!

How is everyone feeling now? How are people finding the shakes/soups etc?

Marylee xxx

marylee said:
Hey guys,

So first weigh in today and I lost 9lbs!! about an inch everywhere, very pleased after 6 days, 15lbs to go. Eeek.

I had a night out on saturday with friends and didnt drink i was very tempted but stayed strong and resisted a brownie in a cafe. So pleased.

Its still tough but worth it!

How is everyone feeling now? How are people finding the shakes/soups etc?

Marylee xxx

Wow thats a fantastic result, u must be doing cartwheels! And amazing uve managed to resist temptation in the first week. Im only on day 5 but had 3 g&t's and crisps on fri night, pathetic! Have been clean every other day mind so hopefully i will get a gd result on weds when in weighed. As regards products, i like choc, choc mint and cappuccino shakes. Vanilla is ok and am going to get an orange on weds. I HATED the original porridge as im used to plain normal and this was sooo artificially sweet. I also like all the soups i tried, chick and mush, leek and pot and spicy tom. Im on step2 so only 3 products, what about u?

So fellow CD'ers. I have completed my first week. Had my ups and downs stuck to it religiously for the first 3 days then on day 4 caved and cheated...Completely panicked that I had kicked myself out of ketosis and would have to go back to the start again but after coming on here and fessing up I received fab support and help and got straight back on track.

I had my first weigh in tonight and I've lost 9lbs!! Much more than I expected considering I haven't been pure white this week (but I have been pretty darn good!!). I was hoping for a loss between 5-7lbs so I'm so happy. It's given me the incentive to carry on for another week (for now) on SS. I'm starving at the moment but I'm much better during the day than in the evening and now I'm going to try my very hardest.

So for all you out there who are getting completely sick of this and your struggling in day 3 or 4...STICK WITH IT! It really is tough but it really does work...the pain is worth it. We can all do it together!:)

So fellow CD'ers. I have completed my first week. Had my ups and downs stuck to it religiously for the first 3 days then on day 4 caved and cheated...Completely panicked that I had kicked myself out of ketosis and would have to go back to the start again but after coming on here and fessing up I received fab support and help and got straight back on track.

I had my first weigh in tonight and I've lost 9lbs!! Much more than I expected considering I haven't been pure white this week (but I have been pretty darn good!!). I was hoping for a loss between 5-7lbs so I'm so happy. It's given me the incentive to carry on for another week (for now) on SS. I'm starving at the moment but I'm much better during the day than in the evening and now I'm going to try my very hardest.

So for all you out there who are getting completely sick of this and your struggling in day 3 or 4...STICK WITH IT! It really is tough but it really does work...the pain is worth it. We can all do it together!:)

Back