End of the Line

kazclogs

Hi Everyone!

Week 16 SS - over 3 stone lost. Been feeling a wee bit rubbish for a couple of weeks, lethargic and weak and horrors.... hair falling out! :mad:

Decided to 810 for two weeks which went well, feeling good and getting my groove back. Upped to 1000 (ish) last week and back on to 'normal' food this week. Although by 'normal' I must clarify that I'm calorie counting and not going over 1100 calories (which makes it quite hard to get my 100% RDA's) and exercising like a demon :)

I wanted to post to let you know I've not gained any weight. I've not progressed through the steps as I should (I'm not recommending this but was quite unwell and needed some 'real' food) but, all the same, I've maintained for two weeks while still replenishing up my glycogen store. I lost 8 pounds in my first week of Cambridge so can hopefully surmise that, while not regaining my 'liver' weight, I've lost at least another 9 pounds since stopping the diet.

My shape has changed dramatically with the exercise and I'm feeling strong - which is something I've missed over the lardy years. Not saying anything much about owt, except - don't be scared of stopping Cambridge, it's a fabulous tool which has helped me to drop the weight and get to a size I feel confident to exercise without hurting myself but there is life beyond it....

Thanks for all the support and thoughts and insights - 'listening' to everyone's journey has really helped me think about food and life and everything in between!
Strong is the new skinny :whacky068:

K x x

Thank you for posting this, it's great to see someone who has gone through the steps and had dramatic changes. Often I hear from a lot of people "It will all come back on once you stop" or "It's just a quick fix" - Well guess what it isn't and you have proved that with your 9 pound loss after stopping and I hope that I can follow in your footsteps. I would like to wish you well in the future and hope that you continue to lose and feel happy & confident with yourself. Well done on progressing through your journey so well :) x

Thanks Rach! Just to clarify, I've only lost 1 pound since I stopped - but haven't regained any weight at all (my glycogen weight is about 7-8 pounds). The best thing is my stomach muscles are lurking in there somewhere and my arms are defiantly less bat wingey and more Davina than before, inches have came off since I started the exercise which I definitely couldn't manage on Cambridge.

Cambridge was always about getting to where I could exercise, and it's been a fab, quick, convenient tool to get me to where i need to be. Finding carb and calorie counting more difficult than not eating at all but not impossible. Went to a neighbouring town's mahoosive Tesco today and found lots of nice low carb, low cal meals and ideas for this week - I think, for me, low carb is key, Cambridge has helped me figure that out.

Good times!

K x x

Great post, so many people are negative about ending Cambridge it's a refreshing change to hear a good long term result x

Thanks Angel! I've seen lots of signatures on here which say 'Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels' but, for me, 'Nothing tastes as good as full out sweaty exhaustion feels' - reckon I'm a proper exercise addict that gets a bit high on the adrenaline! So happy to be able to hop on the cross trainer for 30 mins without having a coronary or having that horrible burny chest feeling. Free weight training is working well for me too, I've done it since day one of Cambridge and it's meant that I have muscles lurking threateningly under the blubber! Just like an old, overweight but overenthusiastic Arnie lady girl. I'LL BE BACK!

K x x

Really inspiring, good luck with ur journey , and drop a post every now and then to let us know how ur doing xx

Hi. Well done great result, but can I ask how u know your glycogen stores weight? So I can work out mine please. TBH I don't even know what glycogen stores are. Excuse my ignorance. Thanks
X

Just a quick pop in to say hi and give a quick update. Having stopped cambridge five weeks ago now I have continued my losses and am down another five pounds!

Counting calories, sticking to around 1200 a day (I've experimented and found I actually stop losing weight if I eat less). Exercising loads and loving it!

Hopefully this might inspire a few despairing week 12 plussers!

Good luck everyone! Cambridge has helped me regain my life x x x

Ooooh well done, it's nice to hear from people who have worked through all of the steps and remained in control x x x

Nice to hear a success story :)
Well done, :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

kazclogs said:
Hi Everyone!

Week 16 SS - over 3 stone lost. Been feeling a wee bit rubbish for a couple of weeks, lethargic and weak and horrors.... hair falling out! :mad:

Decided to 810 for two weeks which went well, feeling good and getting my groove back. Upped to 1000 (ish) last week and back on to 'normal' food this week. Although by 'normal' I must clarify that I'm calorie counting and not going over 1100 calories (which makes it quite hard to get my 100% RDA's) and exercising like a demon :)

I wanted to post to let you know I've not gained any weight. I've not progressed through the steps as I should (I'm not recommending this but was quite unwell and needed some 'real' food) but, all the same, I've maintained for two weeks while still replenishing up my glycogen store. I lost 8 pounds in my first week of Cambridge so can hopefully surmise that, while not regaining my 'liver' weight, I've lost at least another 9 pounds since stopping the diet.

My shape has changed dramatically with the exercise and I'm feeling strong - which is something I've missed over the lardy years. Not saying anything much about owt, except - don't be scared of stopping Cambridge, it's a fabulous tool which has helped me to drop the weight and get to a size I feel confident to exercise without hurting myself but there is life beyond it....

Thanks for all the support and thoughts and insights - 'listening' to everyone's journey has really helped me think about food and life and everything in between!
Strong is the new skinny :whacky068:

K x x

Great post. Thank you x

So lovely to read another inspiring success story and brilliant you've found a love for exercise. Best of luck on the rest of your journey, sounds like you're going to remain successful xx

Aha! So another update....Gallstones are the name of the game at the moment - awaiting surgery and feeling crap. I suspect they may well have been in the post before Cambridge-ing but deffo can attest their delivery to Cambridge. Otherwise feeling great! Half stone down since stopping - three and a half in total now since January. Fit and happy (ish - apart from the obvious), feeling slim and happy. Again, I would like to attribute my continued weight loss and well being to Cambridge (gall-stones aside) and celebrate what a great tool it is - fit, happy, still losing weight and loving life x x

Back