Energy levels on sole source?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by glittergirl79, 23 September 2007 Social URL.

1. glittergirl79

glittergirl79 Member

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a good sunday! I am taking the plunge and starting with the diet tomorrow. I am all ready with my soups and shakes and have just over 4 stone to lose.

The only concern I have is my energy levels. I have a really demanding job as a teacher and i'm worried I'll be really exhausted. I appreciate I might for the first few days whilst my body gets used to it, but what about after?

What are other peoples energy levels like on the diet?

Thanks! xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jayellekay

Jayellekay this time - the last time

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(28.7%)
    I seem to hahe highs and lows. OSmwtimes I jsut want to curl up and sleep, but other times I want to bounce around the room!

It seems to be closely linked to my mood. SO try and keep happy....and you will feel energetic! Well thats what I've found anyway.

4. Sarah M

Sarah M Getting the hang of this

Hiya, Im now on day 21 and have more energy than i had before! the first few days wasnt too bad, but since about day 7 ive been full of energy. x

5. shelbell

shelbell Trainee Human On Board

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    Hi Glittergirl, I'm starting tomorrow too!

6. glittergirl79

glittergirl79 Member

Hi Shebell, how are you feeling about it? x

7. shelbell

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    really excited, but very nervous! You? Its good to get to know someone else at the same point as me, we could keep each other on track!

8. glittergirl79

glittergirl79 Member

9. shelbell

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    11st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    9st9lb(46.71%)
    Diet:
    Gastric Bypass
    have just added you :)

shes ok actually. Not the kind of person I would have worked well with a few years ago, but I am learning to be more tolerant of people and generally trying to be a nicer person! Makes me sound awful lol but I used to be a right b**ch especially with new people and I'm working on changing. So I'm getting on ok with my counsellor :)

Whats yours like?

10. fatboynotyetslim

fatboynotyetslim Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge
    in the early part of the diet i felt lethargic due to low cals but as the weight has fallen off my energy levels have sky rocketed. i often forget I'm on such a low cal diet and over do it!

11. vc103

vc103 vcs1208

Diet:
    Cd -Exante
    Hi Glittergirl

I am on day 3 - day 1 was fine for energy levels, day 2 I had few likkle headaches and today felt physically drained but mentally I have been positive...

Good luck with your journey!

12. icemoose

icemoose The Diet Guy

Diet:
    Don't diet anymore!
    Hiya

I would say it is about 50/50 from experience.

About half the girls I see say they get a real "nesting" high when in ketosis and are more industrious etc and generally feel buzzing after the first 10 days of the diet and getting through the carb withdrawal.

The rest tend to say/think they are more tired but rarely does anyone say they can't function normally when on the diet as at the end of the day the 2000 calories (or so!) you need to function are coming from a mixture of the packs and fat and hence you aren't running on 400 calories really.

Most people tend to agree that if you drink loads of water then you wash out the ketones which can make you feel lousy and then you tend to feel more perky!

Mike

13. amberbambam

amberbambam Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Started the cambridge diet today, haven't felt any drop in energy levels, but have wanted some carbs, i think because it has been rainy and wintery - i should have started this diet in the summer!! Lovely shakes and lovely soups so far all is good although the tummy is rumbling a little now but have had some water and it has subsided. Just thinking of the little black dress for christmas! good luck with it.
    Amber

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.