Engagement rings??

Discussion in 'Brides To Be' started by Isobel1965, 19 March 2007 Social URL.

1. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

xxxxx

Last edited: 9 September 2008
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonkie

sonkie Gold Member

Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Diet:
    measure up
    I got mine from h.samuel. I have also ordered a few rings off of qvc.

4. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Hi,

My engagement ring is Sapphire with Diamond cluster - 18 carat and cost £500.00 from a family jewellers in Kendal. (we were up there on hols and I knew exactly what I wanted...Sapphire is my birth stone)

My two nieces both have small diamond solitaires (one white diamond cost over £1000.00) and the other approx £800.00.

Good luck with your ring shopping, I hope you have fun.

5. beaubride

beaubride Full Member

Diet:
    was lipotrim, now just low calorie healthy eating
    MY engagement ring came from QVC and was under £100. It is white gold with london blue topaz, swiss blue topaz and diamond. If we had had the money I would have gone to tiffany & co as they have beautiful rings there.

6. Mich

Mich Taking Back Control...!!!

Hi Hun!

Mine was from H Samuel and was half price in the sale so instead of £300 it cost £150 - which for OH at the time was loadsa money... (14 years ago)....

It is a ceylon sapphire in the middle and a small triangle of 12 tiny diamonds on each side...... as it was an unusual shape I had to have the wedding ring made to fit and on my 40th (our 10th anniversary year too) had an eternity ring to fit between the two of them and even now 14 years later I still love my engagement ring - it's gorgeous......

I personally feel you should just look and look and you will one day something will just 'catch your eye' - we weren't even looking to buy but just spotted it and that was it - we had to leave a £20 deposit and that's all we'd got for the Saturday night out (god we were so poor...!!) so we put the deposit on it and then OH paid in installments.... bless (just typing this makes me think it feels like it was another lifetime ago....!) I would also personally not spend too much money on one you would be then too scared to wear incase you lost it or damaged it......

Happy hunting hun and I'm sure it'll be perfect...... you could always have a nice rock chick skull and cross bone one....;)

7. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Hi Isobel

My engagement ring came from Ernest Jones. I too did a bit of research beforehand . When we came to a wedding ring I had it made to measure in Hatton Garden because of the unusual shape of the ring. Just something to bear in mind when choosing the shape of the ring if you want a plain wedding ring.
    Have a lovely time choosing.
    love pam x

Mini likes this.
  8. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Hello babes!!! What a lovely thread... and yes it IS very exciting you lucky lucky girl.... I'd love a platinum ring with a great big diamone - hmmmm could always buy myself one i suppose hahahaha!! Enjoy the shopping and research babes, look forward to seeing a pic of what you actually go for!!!

Mini likes this.
  9. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

xxx

10. flirty40greeneyes

flirty40greeneyes Busy busy busy!!

Start Weight:
    15st3lb
    Current Weight:
    13st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st6lb(9.39%)
    Diet:
    Slim and Save
    I would like a tanzanite (lilacy colour) with either white gold or platinum. Hint!! Hint!! Mr Flirty!!

Mini likes this.
  11. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

xxxxxx

12. Redpam

Redpam Living the Life

Start Weight:
    0st0lb
    Current Weight:
    0st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    0st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(NAN%)
    Its quite a long way for me now. So it meant three day trips down there. 2nd one to have a fitting and the 3rd one to pick up the finished rings. DH did not want a plain ring so he had bands of diamonds on his (Flash git) Mine dipped in a v to fit my engagement ring. It was in 3 strips, white gold sandwiched by yellow gold and the white gold was set with diamonds. So it almost looks likes a wedding ring and eternity ring combined if you know what I mean lol.

Hatton Garden worked out a lot cheaper than locally. Because my ring did not come to as much as he had budgeted for I got a lovely gold bracelet too.:)

(PS He seems to have come to his senses and is behaving better now. Depends how long it lasts).

13. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Issy.... can you show us some pics of what ya fancying???

14. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

.....:eek:

15. Isobel1965

Isobel1965 Gold Member

!!!

Mini likes this.
  16. Karen1972

Karen1972 Gold Member

Wow that third one is BEAUTIFUL!!!!! Then i like the cheapest one after that.... DEFO prefer the £800 one though, funny that!! LOL

17. Mich

I'm with Karen on this one.......

No. 1 - the expensive one :rolleyes:
    No. 2 - the cheapest one :D
    No 3 - soz don't like it at all- looks cheaper than the cheaper one if you know what I mean....:eek:

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. Mich

In the 'old fashioned days' (as my kids call them...LOL) wasn't a gentleman supposed to spend the equivalent to one months wages on a engament ring - or was it half a month?

20. LENNY4974

LENNY4974 Silver Member

Start Weight:
    15st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I have to admit the best bit about the whole shopping for a ring experience was when the jeweller handed the ring to H2B and told him to put it on my finger...the whole effect was slightly spoiled when he had to ask which one & which hand :p

I wish you all the best (tell which finger before you go in)

Take Care

Mini likes this.
  21. Mich

Betcha get the one you really love Isobel - Eric loves you too much to make you settle for second best.....;)

PS - you won't have 'hamhocks' whenyour at target hun....:D You'll have dainty laydees fingers......:D

22. MissPiggyFi

MissPiggyFi somebody shrink me

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet USA

I managed to drum this into my fiance, lol :D thank god he's on good money!

He has the best taste in the world and picked the ring himself and the whole proposal was a surprise :D :D I now have a platinum ring on my finger with a bling half carat diamond!! :eek: Cost him £1,800!!

I've done well for a poor stooodent don't ya think!! ;)

Mini likes this.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.