• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Enjoying Atkins but getting cold- help!

cokes

Silver Member
S: 13st10lb C: 12st11lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 28.9 Loss: 0st13lb(6.77%)
Hi I have been doing Atkins for a couple of weeks now with a good result on induction and I'm quite happy with my induction eating so was planning to stay on it a while longer before going to OWL.
But I'm starting to get a cold. Definately not my allergies as I religiously take an antihistamine. The main problem is my sore throat! I HATE sore throats. Does anyone have any good soothing (sugar free and allowed) recipes for my throat? I am managing to stay hydrated as I love water and drink pints of the stuff a day. Any good tips for my throat would be appreciated, Thank you x

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

cokes

Silver Member
Ooo thanks Leanne I will try the zinc. I guess its mainly natural remedys for most ailments as I was just reading the section of the book about some prescription medications stalling weightloss. Iam on one of those medications but it doesn't seem to have been a problem for the first 2 weeks but I'm not planning on adding anything else into the mix that might stall me!. Will def try the zinc though. Thankyou!

ClaireCat

On a mission for boobs!
S: 18st2.6lb C: 15st10lb G: 13st8lb BMI: 31.6 Loss: 2st6.6lb(13.59%)
Echinacea is good for the cold, you can get tablets from asda or liquid out of holland & barrett x

cokes

Silver Member
Thanks Clairecat. I just don't want to get to the point of feeling like I'm swallowing razors as I tend to stuff my face if I get ill. CAN NOT happen this time, no reason to really as Im not craving anything. I'll just keep reminding myself of that ;)

hot steamy bath and an early night xx

cokes

Silver Member
Would love that Mustdoit but the blooming boiler is playing up and only giving me luke warm water and Im not calling anyone out at a weekend as it would be the wrong kind of £'s I'd be losing, lol. Will be having an early night, totm too so I am tired and will easily be asleep by 9.30pm x

ooooooooooooooooh thats awful .......... steamy kettle then !! things always break down during bank holidays ! good weight loss though xx

Kat1e

This is for life
S: 17st8.9lb C: 12st12.8lb G: 12st6.2lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 4st10.1lb(26.77%)
Suggest you get some sugar free throat lozenges in just in case. I found halls cherry menthol and strepsils strawberry easily available in the chemists. My theory was if i had them then wouldn't suddenly find i needed a sugar version when shops were shut! Actually hardly used them but felt like a good back up
hope you feel better soon

Kat1e

This is for life
S: 17st8.9lb C: 12st12.8lb G: 12st6.2lb BMI: 27.5 Loss: 4st10.1lb(26.77%)
Oh yes - and gargle with either hot salt water or apple cider vinegar (in fact that what i use for my dressings as mine has minimal carbs)

ladyfelsham

Clean green leafy machine
S: 24st11lb C: 21st4.5lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 52.9 Loss: 3st6.5lb(13.98%)
My medicine for all situations is nurofen, not natural but carb free :)

Hope you're feeling better now.

Jim

Big Boy
S: 25st0lb C: 13st1lb G: 13st1lb BMI: 24.1 Loss: 11st13lb(47.71%)
Morning cokes and welcome, how's your throat?

cokes

Silver Member
Morning All, thank you all for your concern and helpful tips. Unfortunately I feel alot worse today. I am quite achy and blowing my nose every 30 seconds. I have found that drinking my tea has eased my throat a bit though. I drink the cleanse tea by Twinings which is really nice and the heat is so good on my throat.
I do feel rough but not quite flu rough yet, I had a major bout at christmas and I'm nothing like that, so I'm counting my blessings. I must look rough too as the hubby made my breakfast, which I managed to eat but almost couldn't be bothered too. I want my energy back!
I have my days food planned to keep me on track anyway and I'm gonna make it whether or not I feel like eating it, must stay on track!

sorry you are poorly ............. see what you can do ..........keep the water up ( loosing a lot from that snot ! ) xx

cokes

Silver Member
Hi Mustdoit, I drink a ton of water anyway but seriously theres more coming out my nose than Im putting in! Gross I know but thats reality, it sucks. Ive got my big comfy cardi on and Im gonna watch Devil wears Prada and feel sorry for myself. I might watch Haatchi too but I'm not sure I'll have enough tissues for that as I cry bucket loads at it. It's a great film if you love dogs. The excersise is gonna be on the backburner today, but not totally as I have 2 very active dogs who need walking whatever I feel like :doggy::doggy:

would join you but might catch your cold !!! x

ClaireCat said:
Echinacea is good for the cold, you can get tablets from asda or liquid out of holland & barrett x
It is but it thins your skin cells out making you more susceptible to sunburn ... So use with caution... It's a great supplement during the winter months :) x

cokes

Silver Member
Ooo I don't want to thin my skin. Had eczema growing up and used loads of steriod creams which made it thin enough. Luckily I have very little now, it only flares with major changes in tempratures, Thanks.
Right off to watch my films now :hug99:

cokes said:
Ooo I don't want to thin my skin. Had eczema growing up and used loads of steriod creams which made it thin enough. Luckily I have very little now, it only flares with major changes in tempratures, Thanks.
Right off to watch my films now :hug99:
No worries...... :) x