Enough! Enough Enough Enough

Chubby chick 2023

Silver Member
I'm so fed up. Another spring/summer is here and I have lost NO weight.
Considering buying some new clothes, but would find it heart breaking to spend money on more clothes I hope to slim out of.
So have ordered 100 low sugar exante shakes for £60. If I can just do this for 4 weeks, then I might see enough change to a) inspire to continue a journey for health and b) actually fit into some clothes I already own thereby making my money back (if that makes sense?)

I go away for a posh night out 19th May, so exactly a month. Dare I hope to have lost a little weight and be feeling better about myself by that point.

I'm 5'8" around 14 stone and generally quite chubby at the moment.

I've done slim and save before but didn't get past about day 4. This time I'm just having shakes and will avoid food totally.

Will look here for support and only tell my husband what I'm doing. No one else.

It's only 4 weeks. I can do this!

Hi Goldie Chocs,
You can do it!
My story sounds the same as yours. I just need a kick start then hopefully I'll be away.
My hubby is also the only one I've told.
Let's just get through tomorrow hey!
X

Thanks TM! Waiting for the delivery today so just drinking til it arrives (not alcohol sadly)

I have a goal - family wedding in August, 1 day before my 10 yr wedding anniversary. Would like to be back to my wedding weight by then - but think I need to lose 3 stone! I don't actually know my weight at the moment (is that weird?) but I made my husband weigh me this morning so I will be able to track my losses.
Reason is I suspect I may be at my heaviest ever and don't want to be discouraged on this first week when getting into ketosis may be so tough.

Watching Exante videos on Youtube for inspiration.

Here comes day 1! x

You'll be great.
It sounds like you're motivated already.
It's not weird to not know your weight. I don't have scales at home & just guage where I'm at with my clothes. Since starting I'm having to pop to our health centre for a weigh in - but I'm only @ week 2 so I'm right at the start too.
Enjoy your day! X

ok so it's 14.40 and my delivery isn't here yet..... I'm not going to lie I'm a wee bit peckish!!!

amazing.... or a fool! two hours later and no sign....... I may actually eat one of my children in a minute......

So the delivery didn't come - so I had some scrambled eggs at 7pm. All I've had to eat today and it seemed fair enough as I had to go to a tae kwon do class tonight. I called exante and they have refunded me 5 pounds and said they don't know what hermes are up to and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

The world doesn't want me to be thin lol!

Wondering if it doesn't come tomorrow maybe I should go to a chemists and buy some meal replacements to make a start? I have to leave for work at 1pm and I'm working til 8 so going to have to make a decision on how to manage this. I'm going to be staarrrrving by morning!

So the delivery didn't come - so I had some scrambled eggs at 7pm. All I've had to eat today and it seemed fair enough as I had to go to a tae kwon do class tonight. I called exante and they have refunded me 5 pounds and said they don't know what hermes are up to and hopefully it will arrive tomorrow.

The world doesn't want me to be thin lol!

Wondering if it doesn't come tomorrow maybe I should go to a chemists and buy some meal replacements to make a start? I have to leave for work at 1pm and I'm working til 8 so going to have to make a decision on how to manage this. I'm going to be staarrrrving by morning!

Hi Tower, yes thank you it arrived. 3 shakes yesterday, had my first at 12, 2nd at 6 and final one at 9pm.
I also drank lots of water and had a couple of cups of chicken stock, which I don't think is allowed but it helped!

Weighed this morning (only been two days but felt I deserved a boost) 5 pounds off! Was brave enough to ask my start weight so was 13.11 and now 13.6. Was expecting a water loss as have been on the loo constantly!

Have woken today with a headache, so think today will be a difficult one but I know day 3 is often one of the worst days so will push on through -thanks for your support! x

obvs when I say stock I mean bouillon powder thing, not delicious fatty water!

Hi. Just been reading your thread. Well done for getting on the diet wagon and sticking to it. I'm trying hard to follow calorie counting but I'm on day 4 today and haven't done well at all.

I've been looking at Exante online and it looks appealing. I'm aware it'll be incredibly difficult at first but I think the discipline of only being able to have their products will be just what I need. I have however had SlimFast before and found them to be revolting. I don't expect meal replacements to be as nice as the product they're replicating but I was wondering what Exante products are like. Are there some that are quite nice or are they all just not nice versions of milkshake/chocolate?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated before I part with my money. Thanks :)

I wish I could help but I have only ordered shakes for the first month! banana and strawberry nice - chocolate less nice.

I did try slim and save and was actually surprised at how tasty the meals were, particularly the pasta type ones. However, to be fair, when you're starving hungry everything tastes just that little bit better!!

I too just want to take food and choices out of the equation for a while. I think I know how to eat for maintenance pretty well (I have been bobbing around this weight for the last 4 years!) but just need to push and see some losses now.

I won't lie, I'm feeling pretty rubbish this morning, but the good weather is helping my mood :)

bluerughh, nope, never gonna like black coffee...... back to peppermint tea!

Hi Tower, yes thank you it arrived. 3 shakes yesterday, had my first at 12, 2nd at 6 and final one at 9pm.
I also drank lots of water and had a couple of cups of chicken stock, which I don't think is allowed but it helped!

Weighed this morning (only been two days but felt I deserved a boost) 5 pounds off! Was brave enough to ask my start weight so was 13.11 and now 13.6. Was expecting a water loss as have been on the loo constantly!

Have woken today with a headache, so think today will be a difficult one but I know day 3 is often one of the worst days so will push on through -thanks for your support! x
Hey! Great job!
So rewarding when you see weight coming off so quickly!
I'm at work today and am away from the temptations of my home kitchen - very happy about that as it's my weakness.
Enjoy the sunshine!!
X

I wish I could help but I have only ordered shakes for the first month! banana and strawberry nice - chocolate less nice.

I did try slim and save and was actually surprised at how tasty the meals were, particularly the pasta type ones. However, to be fair, when you're starving hungry everything tastes just that little bit better!!

I too just want to take food and choices out of the equation for a while. I think I know how to eat for maintenance pretty well (I have been bobbing around this weight for the last 4 years!) but just need to push and see some losses now.

I won't lie, I'm feeling pretty rubbish this morning, but the good weather is helping my mood :)
Thankyou for that, if I order then I'll probably avoid chocolate. I love Frijj chocolate shakes so no meal replacement will ever come close lol!
Pleased that the weather's helping your mood. I can imagine you can feel pretty grotty in the early days waiting for your body to adjust. Good luck with it, I'm sure you'll do well. I look forward to hearing how you get on :)

Hi
Hi. Just been reading your thread. Well done for getting on the diet wagon and sticking to it. I'm trying hard to follow calorie counting but I'm on day 4 today and haven't done well at all.

I've been looking at Exante online and it looks appealing. I'm aware it'll be incredibly difficult at first but I think the discipline of only being able to have their products will be just what I need. I have however had SlimFast before and found them to be revolting. I don't expect meal replacements to be as nice as the product they're replicating but I was wondering what Exante products are like. Are there some that are quite nice or are they all just not nice versions of milkshake/chocolate?

Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated before I part with my money. Thanks :)
Hi Jahalia,
I'm sticking to shakes and soups as I feel more satisfied after having fluid.
I've not been too adventurous with the flavours - vanilla, low sugar banana, caramel latte frappe are all nice enough.
I blitz them in my nutribullet with oodles of ice and about 400mls of water.
I'm finding the soups a bit more of a challenge! They're pretty bland but I spice mine up. I blitz them up in the nutribullet first so they're not so lumpy & then add hot water.
I've not tried slimfast so can't compare flavour sorry!
Good luck though!

Back