EPL's Quest to Slim City...

EatPrayLove

Hi guys, it's been a while since I've written or even been on here...I guess I feel a little bit ashamed. I know that sounds stupid, but I had so many high hopes and expectations which so far have seen me lose and the gain, lose and then gain some more etc...

Dieting can be such a vicious cycle, and I know so much of my weight gain has come from real unhappiness which led to emotional eating and self-sabotage. :cry:

So, now at my heaviest weight of 11st 9lbs (at 5'3'') where I'm now starting to feel the effects of the weight gain (lower back pain, painful knees, out of breath walking up stairs, bras cutting into my skin etc) I'm starting Exante (again!!) on Saturday.

My packs arrive today - I got the month's supply, porridge packs and water flavourings, so I should have no excuses for meal options.

I debated about starting again for about 2 months. I was on Atkins for a while, but to be honest, I need a break from all food. I know it sounds crazy, but even on Atkins I couldn't control the hunger and after close to 10 days and not being in ketosis, it's pretty hard on the confidence and will-power.

I've seen a few people on here are now in maintenance, and I so want to where they are....but I know I have got to take responsibility for my health now.

I'm lucky that my husband is by my side on this and has agreed to be fully supportive, even when I'm screaming at him JUST GIVE ME THE COOKIE ALREADY!! :eek:

I need someone to shout at me sometimes when I'm being argumentative and difficult to remind me why I'm doing this. :whip:

Hope you're all OK, enjoying your weight loss and I hope I can find the support I need on this forum! xx:)

hi

well done for getting into the zone to start again ... im just like you for starting and stoping and playing the yoyo game but we can do this :) ...one day at a time xx

im 5ft 2 and start weight was 12st13.5 and i feel very heavy with back pain etc.. its time to take off our fat suits lol

shout away x

so true...they are fat suits and I hate an ill fitting suit! I really liked Debbil's way of putting it....it's another persona and someone who wants you stay fat because it's safe! I'm gonna kick her out of my house.

You go girl xx we sooo can do this :)

Can't sleep - really anxious about starting

:sigh: I know I should be sleeping but I can't. I'm not sure if I'm worried about starting again on Exante, failing to lose the weight again or just plain insomnia :eek:

I've cleaned the kitchen and cleared out most of the tempting food leaving some for my husband (by tempting I mean fruits and veggies and other good things that we love to eat).

There's no junk in my house at all!

Suppose I wanted to lose the weight yesterday! But I'm setting myself some markers for every 10lbs I lose - I used to that with other achievements so hoping it will help keep me focused.

Hope you're all okay. x

EPL

Morning EPL

try to just take one day at a time x when i look too far ahead panic sets inx so see each day as huge achievement at first then set the small goals you have in mind... you will be fine :)

Tomorrow is the big day! Official Day 1 on TS

I've had the weekend to prepare and say goodbye to certain foods. I've spoken to my OH and he's on board for the mood swings, complaints and whatever other crap I go through.

OH is also helping me deal with my emotional eating. I sound like a petulant child arguing but in the end I listen to him :eek:

I find it easier to start on a work day, I'm more disciplined at work than at home, as my day is regimented to an extent and I can distract myself with work.

Wish me luck and good luck to all new starters x

EPL

Halfway through Day 1....

...and I feel weird. Tummy is grumbling and I feel hungry but staying strong. Afternoon is coming up and usually around 3pm is when the munchies strike:17729:

I've had a bar, decaff coffee, and half a soup (thai chicken) - saving my other half for dinner.

On my second pint glass of water, but finding it so hard to swallow right now. Gonna add some water flavouring. I measured out 5g today so I know I've not had more than 3g extra of carbs.

I know this week is going to test me, but trying to stay positive.

I got myself into this mess, I'm going to get myself out and it didn't take a few weeks to get this overweight so I can't expect to lose it all in a short space of time.

I think a coffee this afternoon will help:coffee:

End of Day 1

FINALLY the end of day 1 - yipeeee:D

Products:
Morning: Choc Orange bar with decaff coffee and sweetner tab
Lunch: 1/2 Thai Chicken soup
Mid-Afternoon: 1/2 Thai chicken soup and decaff coffee with sweetner tab
Dinner: Veg soup

Drinks: 2 litres of water (around 1 litre with flavouring but no more than 5g)

I've had a headache all day and had to pop two painkillers, it's starting to subside, but I'm off for a hot bath and early to bed. So weird because usually headaches and stuff happen around day 4 for me, maybe it means ketosis will come sooner?

I've bought myself a kindle too so I can curl up and read, read, read. This weekend I just want to chill out with my snuggly pjs and some good literature. Here's to the weekend (and hopefully ketosis!)...lol I know it's only Monday.

Hope everyone is well x

EPL

I'm with you on your quest to slim city! I too have had a headache - since yesterday! Have been drinking loads of water, but it won't go away! So i will be doing the same as you, hot bath and an early night! Tomorrow is another day...
Well done for getting through day 1!

Thanks Greeneyes77 - the headache disappeared and I even have some light pink showing on my ketostix this morning!

I think by limiting my carbs beforehand, I definitely helped myself along....I know I'm not in ketosis fully but I'm on the way. So very happy!

All the best and I hope you fell better today! x

Hi EPL, good to see you. I am 5'3" but 12.10 last WI which was Friday. My heaviest was 16.7 :eek: I still have the bad back but my knee is much better.
What size clothes are you in at the mo? I can't visualise myself in anything under a size 14 and even that was a pipe dream until recently lol
I will look forawrd to reading your progress, ggod luck xx

Well done on your losses nursetubs - you're doing really well!

I vary from 10 - 16 depending on what store, but I tend to go for clothing that's loose anyway to hide my 'pregnant' tummy and massive hips and boobs.

I'm just trying to keep my head in a good place. It's around this time that I want to eat crap....snack on junk food to get me through the afternoon.

Day 2 - halfway there

It's time for my mid afternoon distraction. I get horribly hungry at this time, but I try and fight off the feeling until I can't cope any more! Between 2.30 and 4.30 pm is my tricky time.

Afternoon slump would have meant a trip to vending machine and lots of junk. But not this time! I'm not about to ruin day 2:eek:

So far had porridge and half mushroom soup.

I feel really lucky - I enjoy all the products.

I'll update properly later but right now I feel really sleepy. :kitty:

I am having a bouillon atm to get me through to my next shake. Afternoon/evening are the worst. I can go almost all day before I have my first shake but once I do it's like I have opened the sluice gates lol.
I find hot drinks better than cold to keep me on an even keel. Great to read positive diaries here too atm ;)

End of Day 3

Products:

Banana shake
Bar
Thai chicken soup

Lots of water, one decaf coffee.

Today was hard but I got through. Feel horribly tired and had stomach cramps. I find a hot bath every night helps me to relax and I sleep so much better, despite feeling a bit light headed and hungry right now. I know the feeling will pass, but cannot wait to get into ketosis.

Just trying to get on with it really. Hope you're all well.

xx
EPL

Back