Erm..... Farting?

nikkikb

Anyone else notice that they have stopped breaking wind on this diet? Honestly I have always been really windy but it has completely stopped! Anyone know why?

ME!!! i def notice this. . . even with all the cabbage i've been eating! lol xxx

Ha ha ha ha ha I started laughing the second I read the word "farting". I'm such a child.

Well, for me I'm pretty sure it's to do with gluten intolerance. One cause of wind is being unable to properly digest a certain food (gluten is a common one, as is lactose in milk). When I stopped eating wheat my gas just seemed to go away.

Since gluten intolerance has been implicated as, if not a possible cause of obesity, then certainly linked, I would not be surprised if that's the case for a lot of people.

I recently swapped my dog off normal dry food (which has wheat and corn in it) and on to an imported dry food that has absolutely no grains at all - it's all meat, fish, eggs and vegetables. He's stopped farting too!

So I reckon it's definitely the wheat/grains that do it.

Ditto ... it's a weird one isn't it. I am not complaining though! I must admit add cabbage to the mix and it changes a bit though!

:D Funny thread :D

I don't have that type of problem... but dd4 (11yrs) does. A windier child you will never meet - her farts are truly toxic!

Perhaps I should gently change her diet to include more Atkins friendly meals..

same here, these days i am a lady! (as in ladies don't)

and, i have noticed, that i only need to eat one thing, say a biscuit, and loud the wind blows!

Agree!

I was single last time I did Atkins...now I'm not...so I'm sure my fiance will appreciate that side effect!!

Back