Ernie's SW diary

Erniie

;)Tuesday - probably my least favourite day of the week! I have to work in a different office every Tuesday and Wednesday and one of my colleagues - who thankfully is leaving soon, really does not like me. The feeling is entirely mutual, but I feel I am better at being civil haha! (I like to think so anyway) Anyhoo, I hate Tuesdays and usually coming here is a excuse to comfort eat, but not this week - brought so much fruit I could open my own greengrocers and cheesey pasta bake for lunch with salad, so I don't feel deprived.

Hardest thing to do is think of a title...so am leaving that til last haha! I have no imagination this afternoon, well at least it's short and to the point!

Thought I would try and keep a diary here of food/exercise/general goings on in my life while I get back on board with SW. If I end up talking to myself that's fine by me, but I am hoping I won't scare you all off by rambling haha!

I started in July 2015 and my starting weight was 14st8lb, not the heaviest I've ever been but certainly up there! Got down to 12st 12 by Christmas and then gave myself a week off, and then another week.... and so the story goes. So last week, weighing in at 13st on the dot I decided to go back to SW. I had previously left because I found it all a bit cliquey, but the ritual humiliation does me good it seems as I haven't been able to lose a single lb since stopping going!

I should probably do more exercise, but I never do. I can't afford the gym and even if I could I'd probably never go (but it's nice to have the excuse haha!) I cycle to work, on average about 4 or 5 miles a day so I count that as my exercise, but ideally I would do more. I love hiking/walking in the countryside, but that's a very weather dependent thing, so I am waiting for Spring to be sprung (hopefully be soon) until I do.

Well I have probably gone on enough for one afternoon, best get back to pretending to do some work until 4pm ;)

Wednesday - was a good day. Had my first weigh in and lost 4.5lbs so pretty chuffed with that! I hate it when they ask what you want to lose weight next week though, I say a number but in my head I'm screaming ANYTHING!! haha.

Food yesterday was good (ish) had porridge and raspberries for breakfast and carbonara for dinner so those two meals were fine. However, I went out for lunch with some colleagues and went to a greek restaurant. Had my own body weight in humus, falafel and tzatziki! I regret nothing. :whistle:

Went to WI and learnt two things - 1. wine is now WAAAAY more syns than it used to be. What's all that about! 2. chewits are 5.5 syns a packet (and they sell multipacks in poundland) As much as I love crisps and savoury things, when I am in the mood for sweets I really want them! I just wish they stll made the ice cream flavour!

I am now back down at the weight I was before Christmas, so pretty happy with that. :)

Thursday - Day 1 f Week 2.... and my grandparent's arrival

My Grandparents come down from Scotland for a week today, and I know for fact they will bring square sausage, black pudding and tattie scones. I just need to find a way to make they fit into my syns haha! Normally, I would just try and fit them all into roll and then directly in my mouth, but I am feeling inspired by my weight loss to carry on!

Food today should be good. I have porridge for breakfast nearly every weekdays, because I am exciting like that and enjoy vigorous routine haha! Lunch will be salad bowl I bought from Sainsbury's yesterday and didn't eat with balsamic vinegar, and whatever I go to the shop to buy at lunchtime (always super prepared, me) Going to my mum's house for dinner tonight to see my Gran and Papa, she's making ham, cabbage and new potatoes (and cauliflower cheese, but I am ignoring that) so should be a good food day too.

Now I am off to make a cup of tea (splash of milk from HexBA) as this office is so cold I am having trouble feeling my extremeties!

Dinner last night could have been worse, could have been a LOT better though! Had ham, cabbage, peas. (And then a bit of cauliflower cheese, 2 glasses of wine, a scoop of Hagen Dazs pralines and cream ice cream and a little slice of cheese cake)

Ho hum.... It was all delicious!

Friday- day off today and not back until Tuesday, so I am felling 10/10 so far. Mind you, I haven't even so much as made it out of bed yet and only just managed to find my glasses amongst the piles of books, water glasses and lip balms on the bed side table!!

Today's food should go apsimething like this -
B: omelette with half hexA and whatever vegetables I can find in the fridge that don't look like they could walk themselves into the recycling. (Need to go shopping later but trying to convince my boyfriend he should go by himself haha!)
L: I really fancy cheesy chips, so half hexa in some SW chips and some salad probably. Again, not sure if we actually have any salad... Might be wishful thinking!
D: not allowed to ask what his lordship wants for dinner yet as its :airquote:too early:airquote:

we do usually get a takeaway on a Friday and I have chicken shish, no bread, all the salad and garlic mayo in a tub on the side. It hasn't seem to have effected my weight loss thus far so I consider the chicken free and just count syns for the Mayo. I'm not sure if I want a take away, but we will end up getting one if we don't go shopping no doubt. I am just conscious that the whole family is going out for a curry in Sunday night and I CANNOT be trusted around poppadoms!

Am considering walking to town and getting a second hand wii if they have any in CEX (or the cex shop as it is hilariously known as in this house!) and all the wii fit stuff p, but currently it is tipping it down so may just get a lift in the car!

One small victory today...managed to upload a profile picture so I don't feel like an anonymous rambling gender sign :D

Also ... Not sure if anyone has Instagram? But if you do then my username is in my homepage link. It's only set to private so people I know in real life font follow me haha!

Last edited:
Yum, cheesy chips for lunch sounds delicious! Turkish food is much better than most takeaways - although you may have to guess a few syns as the chicken is usually brushed with oil before being grilled (I've watched them do that in a couple of restaurants and takeaways), but it's a good choice - especially as you get lots of salad. You could always get some wholemeal pittas in and use one as your HEXB - that way you get a full-on kebab!

Good luck with your Wii hunt in the cex shop ;)

Yeah I usually try not to use too many syns when I have a kebab on a Friday, I'm not too fussed about the pitta bread to be honest, I usually use my hexB on porridge in the morning unless it's the weekend and I cheat slightly and call 60g of fresh bread my hexb (don't tell the slimming world police :whistle:)

Welcome welcome @X88B88 :)
If I get a sudden rush of inspiration I might change it but I'd probably end up forgetting what it was called and losing it haha!

Hope everyone's BH weekend is going well. Typical that the weather today is absolutely rubbish, there was talk of a walk to Blakeney Point to see if the seals were there, but I'm not going in this weather haha! I say a walk to Blakeney point. Obviously I mean a drive there and a walk around it! I do like a hile but that's a step too far even for me haha!

The rest of my week is going to be damage limitation, as my family are very bad influences on me when it comes to eating out!

Saturday- forgive me, for I have synned. Breakfast was good, bacon and eggs and hexb, lunch out was Greek salad, which I'm calling my hexa, plus syns for the olive oil. A few of my grans chips and garlic mayo... Would have been a shame for them to go in the bin! After that I had a third each of a slice of tiramisu and a pastry slice from patisserie Valerie. Got home and my boyfriend wanted pizza for dinner. As the oven was already on I had a beige dinner of oven chips, chicken nuggets and salad. I dread to think of the syns I've used.

Sunday - a bit better, maybe...

Breakfast was the same as yesterday, then I had an apple and we went for a 4 mile walk. Came home and had lunch, cheese (hexa) a slice of bread and butter, salad and popcorn (2 syns) I only had the bread as mapmywalk said is burnt nearly 400 calories so I considered it calorie neutral haha! Dinner... Let me tell you about dinner.
Probably the best thing I have eaten all month. Half a portion of chicken Tikal, half a pilau rice, 1 poppadom, a sliver of garlic naan, spoonful each of okra and Bombay potatoes and 2 after eights and a pint.

I've had a good weekend, a very very good weekend in fact, somehow I don't think the scales are going to agree!!

Think o might have to have soup for every meal between now and Wednesday to appease the scale gods!

Food since Monday has been awful.. so was thrilled to get a maintain this week. Went to my mum's for dinner last night, chili and rice, with cheese and a pitta bread (not sure of the syns) I knew this week would be bad in terms of eating and drinking as my grandparents were here, but it was lovely to see them so I don't mind too much about not losing weight.
Drank a bit too much last night and am now at work, woolly head and all trying to think of healthy things that might make me feel better. (none of them are the full fat can of coke/hot chocolate/bacon and egg sandwich I really want)

Treating today as my first week again, as last week was a bit of a write off
so the plan for food is:

B: porridge - hexb and 3.5 syns for milk and honey, raspberries.
L: Brown rice and quinoa pouch thing - will have to look up syns. Salad.
D: chicken, pearl barley and sweet potato stew.

Might cave in to a can of coke in the near future if I have enough syns left after I find out how many is in the rice.

Stuck to plan yesterday and my syns were chocolate and sun bites and a tiny bit of ice cream between to wafers. Might have gone slightly over, but I'll even it out one day this week. I had to have blood taken yesterday as I've been not feeling well so the ice cream was a treat for that, do you get medicinal ice cream;)

Food today is planned, I just need to actually stick to it
B: Porridge (hexB) with milk and honey (3.5syns)
L: Brown rice and quinoa (2.5syns) soy sauce and salad.
D: Pasta, tomato sauce with olives (1 syn) and cheese (hexA) salad.
Snacks: apple, salted sunbites (6 syns) rum and diet ginger beer - 3. 5syns.

total of 15.5 syns but im not stressing over .5 of a syn

Back