Errmmm i cant Go

jelly2010

Embarrassed but I can't go to the loo
I ate a whole load of fruit yesterday and ok 2 ducolax last night
Still nothing :-(
Any suggestions please as its been a while now lol (tmi)

I am in the same boat hun, 2 dulcolax usually work a treat for me but nothing, so I am glugging down the water today, going to have wholemeal toast for my DD food, and I have taken another dulcolax this morning as I am not going anywhere today so if I need the toilet quick its OK, official weigh in day for me tomorrow too so could really do with 'going', havent really got any advice as it would usually be dulcolax that I recommend but you have been there done that, just try upping your water and then if nothing by tonight I would try another , if you are not going anywhere in the morning that is lol x

if its a problem, i.e. causing pain or really struggling to go, then i would suggest suppositories, you can get them from boots over the counter. these were a lifesaver for me when i was doing cambridge as my bowel movements were non-existent the first few weeks! if you're not in pain then maybe take another 2 or 3 dulcolax tonight, and eat plums or prunes and see what happens tomorrow but having suppositories in the house is always handy in case you ever get really 'stuck' :) x

Ok, I'm butting in here but the Dukan people claim drinking ICY cold water can work to get things moving. I haven't taken any sort of laxative for maybe 30 years because of an incident I don't need to explain in detail here :) In any case you've always got water at home, might be worth a go?

Black coffee? If you like coffee? A girl at works drinks warm water with lemon in it..

What fruit have you eaten? Any vegetables? Another girl at work clogs up if she gets TOO MUCH fibre..

Prunes or dates lol?

It was melons grapes and strawberries - not really fruits that "help" I suppose
Coffee doesn't help me either. Love black coffee!
Will try the water and maybe another dose of ducolax and have 3
The first time I used them i took 4. That certainly worked however the cramps that came with it was unbearable

Is it uncomfortable? if not maybe its just because there isn't enough in there considering ur only eating everyother day.. Not as much to come out :-D x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Just to update that I have now 'been' lol hope you have too ;)

had a thought! I find herbal teas good...like a cleansing one or one with peppermint or nettle may help!

Headache said:
Califig or good old "Syrup of Figs" as it used to be known has never failed yet!

Puke! I remember swigging that out the bottle after being prescribed codeine!!!! Decided I'd rather have the pain than the constipation!!! X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

bajoleth said:
Just to update that I have now 'been' lol hope you have too ;)

Glad to hear it. Me too , all it took was copious amounts of alcohol !!!!!!

Just for anyone's future reference!!! I haven't been all week, but went today...it was either the cheeky weetabix I had late last night

but also I drank "Pukka Cleansing tea" - it has like peppermint, dandelion & nettle in it & I think it helps! ;)

I was gonna try a weetabix but then didn't have to ;-)

I think we all have that problem from time to time!!!!!!

Nettle tea and loads of water makes it easier for me!

It's a good job we are all so friendly :)

Back