Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Eternal Optimist's Eternally Optimistic Food Diary

Discussion in 'Slimming World - Food Diaries' started by Eternal Optimist, 23 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Eternal Optimist

Eternal Optimist Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World/Healthy Eating
    llllll

Last edited: 17 April 2012
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Breakfast: Home-made scone split and toasted with scraping of jam & 2 coffees with skimmed milk

Lunch: Chilli Con Carne with side salad. No carbs.

Side salad for both lunch & dinner had a French Dressing (Co-op Healthy Living very low fat one)

Dinner: Lean chicken with side salad & broccoli & carrots. No carbs.

10pm: Coffee with skimmed milk & 3 Rich Tea Fingers:D

By bedtime I will also have had 2 litres of water:)

Hope everyone has had a lovely Sunday:)

4. Pomooky125

Pomooky125 Silver Member

Diet:
    Eating like a normal person
    Hi (should I call you eternal or optimist?:D)

I am trying to do a similar kind of thing to you. I've pinched lots of SW ideas but don't do the plan. Whether this is lazy, cheating or a waste of time, I don't know but I feel better and have stopped stuffing myself with chocolate buscuits.

I think I should cut down on carbs too as I can seriously overdose on pasta and spuds!

Anyway, good luck

Pomooky XXX

5. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Hiya:) Just call me EO:p
    Yep, I think SW has a lot going for it and I esp like the 'red' days. I think the fact that I'm consciously thinking about what I'm eating instead of just randomly stuffing my face is bound to show some sort of improvement. I am definitely eating more healthily and because I want to make sensible eating a way of life I need to make my 'plan' one that I can live with:)
    Good luck with your 'plan' and I hope it pays dividends:)

6. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi eo welcome to minimins i follow slimming world i have tried to "sort of" follow it but i always end up going off track so have decided to stick to it properly (i ended up putting a stone back on ooops :cry:) but u do whatever works for you, i will pop in and see how ur doing good luck x

7. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Thanks, Valerie:) TBH I don't know if this will work for me...I guess I will soon find out if it leads to weight loss but the real answer I want to find is if this is a way of eating I can maintain for the rest of my life. Fed up with yo-yo-ing dieting and looking for something more permanent but also quite flexible. Exercise wise...well I don't think the gym is ready for me just yet:p so it will have to be walking for now and again that is something I can do everyday near enough and I can increase as I feel able. Hope all is going well with you and you've had a nice Sunday:)

8. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Well I had my first home weigh in this morning since starting my wee 'plan' last Monday & it seems to be working as I've lost 4lbs:)
    I don't think I'm going to use this diary to post my daily food intake as I think that will get boring. Instead I will post on days when I've had a 'bad' day or found some interesting fact, recipe, tip or just when I feel like offloading...moans...not lbs unfortunately:D
    One thing I've found this week is that drinking 2 litres of water is helpful not only for making me feel 'full' but I see the difference in my skin:)

9. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    well done oe thats a great first loss :happy036::happy036::happy036:
    i only write in my diary to keep myself on track and if i have a really good loss can repeat what i ate that week if my loses have slowed down, but it's what works for you i have loads of time on my hands so it gives me something to do.have a good week xx

10. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Thanks, Valerie....today has been a good day...had a brisk walk for an hour and included some previously avoided hills:p Puffed out certainly and legs aching but I know it will get easier and walking is going to be my main form of exercise as it is free and I can adjust/increase it as my over-all fitness improves. Going to have a little read of your diary in a mo. Hope you have had a nice Monday:)

11. valerie11

valerie11 Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st5lb
    Current Weight:
    14st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(3.72%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    hi EO i need to step up my walking i was doing half an hours walk twice a day but haven't been so good lately :chores016: i think i need to get a dog wouldn't have a choice then lol. i put on 1/2lb this week was totally unexpected but there's nothing i can do but stick to plan :rolleyes: have a good day tomorrow xx

12. Eternal Optimist

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.19%)
    Diet:
    Update

Well it will be 3 weeks on Monday since I started trying to improve my eating habits and improve my level of exercise....well...it's been so easy to improve my level of exercise...as I was doing bog all to begin with;)

Anyhoo....I've lost 7lbs so far but I am not expecting to lose anything this Monday as I'm pre-menstrual and bloated and I've made a couple of unhealthy choices foodwise....namely a slice of Bakewell Tart:eek: and frying fish in breadcrumbs rather than grilling or steaming it:rolleyes:

However, I have been walking more and I am continuing to have my 2 litres of water per day...both of which...I feel the better for:)

My main bit of news is that after reading Lily42UK's diary I have an appointment for a gym induction introductory session (with personal fitness plan) on Tuesday afternoon:p

At 5ft 0 and 14 stone 1lb I was hoping to put this level of torture and self-humiliation off until I reached 12 stone but I've been and gone and done it now:rolleyes: I just hope no-one mistakes me for one of those big balls they sit on to exercise:eek:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.