European Health Insurance Card

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by AnnaFaraday, 1 June 2011 Social URL.

1. AnnaFaraday

AnnaFaraday ..

Noticed today that my EHIC card had expired so I thought I would go online to find out how to renew it.

I googled EHIC and the first two sites which came up wanted to charge me around £10 to "process" my application (they did say it could be done free, but implied that their way was quicker and easier).

Not being one to pay for something if I can get it for nothing, I went onto the official site
    Applying and renewing

and renewed in a couple of minutes entirely free.

And it was interesting to scroll down and see the comments from the people who had paid, and afterwards discovered that they didn't have to!

Just thought that this might be useful to people here.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. ronniejacobs

ronniejacobs Gold Member

Start Weight:
    15st11lb
    Current Weight:
    15st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st11lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7lb(3.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    i received martin lewis' email and there was something on it last week about this topic

4. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I also checked the expiry date for our cards after reading Martin's Lewis's email.

Fortunately ours don't expire for a while, but it does amaze me why people will pay for a free service.:rolleyes:

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.