Evening snacks

Natalia30

Hello everybody, I'm new to this forum so still reading the posts and finding my feet. I'm doing SW since October, had a loss of 1 st 2lbs but gained 7lbs over Christmas period. I'm back on the plan 100% but struggling with evening snacks. I stopped smoking 6 months ago and recently stopped drinking coffee as well and with winter months I feel hungry all the time. I would appreciate any suggestions of snacks I could have in the evenings when there's nothing else to do. Syn free or very low syns pls as I'm trying to use at least as possible until I lose 7lbs I gained. Thank you very much xx

Apart from the obvious fruit and veg i.e carrot sticks, peppers, - you could make some sw quiches, home made coleslaw (syn free), beetroot, pickles, pease pudding, scan bran cakes the curly wurly one is 12 syns for the whole cake so can be cut into small pieces or slices to nibble on when u fancy some choccy

I usually keep my two alpen light bars for the evening.
I get a couple of nectarines and also a muller light (and dip the alpen light bars in it!) that is my evening snacking sorted :)

Alpen light bars
hifi bars
mini quiches
carrot/cucumber/pepper sticks with low fat houmous
Babybel lights
mini Cadbury chocolates (3 to 3.5 syns a bar)
Highlights hot chocolate for 2 syns
hartleys sugar free jelly pots for only 0.5 syns a pot
Phili chocolate pot with rich tea fingers dipped in

Velvet crunch (4 syns) or popcorn (varies according to brand) are great for a savoury snack. I buy mini bags of Sainsburys popcorn and they are only 2.5 syns a bag and brilliant for eating in front of the tv when husband is having crisps ;)

Hello Natalia. I think if you're hungry you should have something filling like a mugshot, but if you're snacking because of empty time you could try a hi light hot chocolate or a free fruit tea. I like the liquorice tea at the moment... It's yummy and take a long time to drink because it starts off boiling!

Back