evening weighers - what do you eat on WI day

cheekylau

Was having a bit of a debate with my aunt who also does sw and she said all she eats the day of WI is a few little bits of fruit and stops drinking a few hrs before. I Dont think this is a good thing to do as its not normal eating. I have always ate normally except for having my dinner afterwards so was just wondering what everybody else does and opinions please.

I tend to stop eating around 4pm and stop drinking at about 6 - weigh in is at 7:30, I don't think this really helps but i think if i felt bloated before WI i would be really annoyed, and may talk myself out of going. Only my preference though :)

I weigh in at 5pm so I usually have my lunch a little early at about 12 and then don't eat after that. The only change from a normal day is moving lunch forward by an hour. I try not to drink for a couple of hours before weigh in but that's probably pretty much normal for me as well.

I will confess to being naughty and not eating at all the day of weigh in if I think I'm not going to lose. I know I shouldn't do it and it's by no means the norm.

I used to not eat, or just have breakfast then a yoghurt for lunch and nothing else. Not healthy at all. Now I just go with a smaller portion or lighter option, but as early as I can. I've just had lunch, weighing in tonight at 7pm. As I go from work and I have quite a journey, I'll probably stop drinking from about 4pm. :)

I always have breakfast - whatever I fancy, but with it being a weekday its usually fruit and yoghurt but may be pancakes or rice pud and a light lunch, normally something like mackerel salad I weigh at 5 and try not to drink after 3. But I don't worry too much about it

I have a normal breakfast and lunch plus mid morning and afternoon snacks (fruit). Last couple of weeks I had a mugshot about 5pm (my WI is at 7.30pm, but the meeting doesn't finish til 9pm so have a light bite when I get home). What I don't intend to do tomorrow (WI day) is have 2 large glasses of water at about 5pm like I did last week as I think this affected my WI. So tomorrow's plan is to maybe not eat after about 4ish and only a small drink.

Some very interesting replies. Im glad i seem to do the same things as all of you. I had a sweet omelette wiv berries and banana for brekky about half 8 and just had tuna & sweecorn lettuce cucumber sandwich, fresh beetroot slice of melon & ww yogurt for lunch at 2 does this sound like too much. Weigh in is 7.15 wont eat anymore til after and have had probably 1.5l of water but may stop drinking about 5

I think you make a rod for your own back if you don't eat normally before weigh in, as you'll end up feeling you have to do it every week - plus, it makes no difference to weigh in, provided you do the same thing each week!

I tend to stop drinking about an hour and a half before - but that's mainly because I leave work at 5 and weigh in is 6.30! As long as you give yourself an hour or so for the water to go through, you're not going to affect your WI.

i dont do anything weird, my weigh in is at 5:30 and im at work during the day, so have my lunch at work at the same time i always do, then come home and get ready for weigh in. i dont watch what i drink really, just make sure i dont have a big drink before i go lol but ill have a sip of nas squash!! ive had jacket potatoes for lunch, mugshots, whatever really on weigh in days and i dont think it matters too much.

I weigh in at 4.30, but have breakfast (cereal) and lunch as usual. Today I had a pasta n sauce and a muller. I don't restrict what I drink, although obviously I'm not going to swig down a mug of tea before stepping on the scales. When my WI was at 6.15, I'd do the same but I wouldn't eat my tea until after the class. To be honest, some of these posts are a little worrying...

Mine varies-on a normal weigh day I have lunch about 12 and nothing to drink after 2-3pm,if I've been on nights then I get up at 3pm,have a drink and nothing else til after weigh in,if I've got a workout before weigh in I drink water throughout.

I think it's swings and roundabouts really xx

As long as you have a similar routine each week, it shouldn't matter. I always have a good breakfast and lunch on WI day, and drink plenty up to an hour before. When I first started out, I was just not eating on WI day, but that was stupid. So I accepted a gain one week, knowing that I was well-fed, and could be every week from then on.

i eat my normal lunch but I WI on a monday which is my busiest day with the kids so i often don't have time for my normal afternoon snack, that said I do sometimes buy a afruit salad and some wafer thin chicken from Morissons... I have dinner after weigh in. my tummy rumbled through the whole of image therapy tonight. embarrassing!

My w i is at 12.30 but I suppose because I'm at target its different for me as I dont want to lose anymore. But when I was I just had my normal breakfast and then lunch when I came back from group. Like someone else said, if you play around with your meals before w in the you have to continue doing this to see the comparison.:)

I weigh in about 11.30 in the morning, I tend to have a coffee and a banana for breakfast with nothing else until after I weigh, I normally have a couple of light hifi's with my coffee in class

Oops, just noticed this was aimed at evening weighers, I used to weigh at 6.30pm and yes, there were definitely weeks where it would be a light breakfast then nothing all day :(

Last edited:
I eat and drink as normal, My WI is at 7:30 pm so if I didn't do this I would keel over! breakfast, lunch then dinner around 6 just before I weigh, as long as you do the same thing each week guess its whatever works for you, saying that starving yourself most of day is not a good option at any time for anyone for those that do on wi day, as for weight losses by this method, isn't it technically a false reading!!?

Back