Ever Decreasing Katy

Hello all,

I am new to this forum, so hello to everyone out there! I shall be starting on Slimming World diet on Tuesday (weekend with the parentals first), and am aiming to lose a stone to a stone and a half by June. I am not sure if this is possible, but i'm going to give it a go. I am doing it myself at home and not going to a club to save money, but a good friend of mine is going to weigh me every Friday morning and keep a record to encourage me and give me some accountability. What a sweetie he is.

I will mainly be doing green days as i generally eat vegetarian food. I'm not actually veggie, but am really fussy when it comes to where my meat comes from, which basically means i only eat organic, free range, locally produced meat...and have you seen the price of that type of meat!!! LOL!!! Way out of my price range....veggie is a lot cheaper - and just as tasty.

I have done SW before, and lost about a stone and a half. Then i did Cambridge Diet and lost 4 stone. I have put about a stone of that back on - but i dont want to go back to CD as i need to eat carbs as i do a TON of exercise and am currently training for my second half marathon this year.

I am really glad i found this forum as i find it really helpful to write down my thoughts on a daily basis and also to read how others are doing.

Hope that its ok to write so much on a first post...see you all soon.

Katy

I am currently at my parents house, and am having a good time, but looking forward to getting back to a normal eating pattern when i get home.

I am cooking dinner tomorrow night for us and i am going to do a Slimming World meal, which i dont think they will mind and which will remind me how well you can eat on Slimming World!

On the exercise front, i played a good 40 minutes of squash with my dad this morning and then went for a run. I think i ran for about an hour, which should be 6 miles but i found it quite hard work. I think that might have been becuse i had done the squash first.

Hope all is going well with all of your diets this Easter weekend.

Katy
xx

Ooo, just trying this out from my mobile, hope it works...

Day 1 tomorrow...

Looking forward to getting back into a plan and a pattern. Today I mostly did it:

Bfast: 3tbsp porridge oats, skimmed milk
Mid morning snack: pear
Midday snack: apple
Lunch: rice with carrots, onions and peas, fat free yogurt, grapes
Afternoon snack: pear
Dinner: same main as lunch, banana & fat free fromage frais.

Then as its my last night before I start properly, I had some crisps and chocolate. But that's all gone now and I'm ready for the diet to start in earnest tomorrow.

Katy
Xx

Ok, so properly day 1.

Skinny porridge for brekkie,
Throughout the day I have had 3 apples, a pear and an orange as snacks.
Lunch and dinner was carrot and pea pilaff.
Lunch was also a yogurt, although I just read that its not free...it has half a sin.
And for dinner I had a banana with some fat free fromage frais.

Oh, I also had some fresh fig and grapes...

That looks like a lot..

Just about to go for an 8 mile run though, so that should burn some of it off...

Katy

Well it turned out to be a 7.2 mile run, but that's ok.

Today has been

Skinny porridge and banana brekkie
Grapes, an orange, two apples and a pear throughout the day
Pasta with fagioli sauce for lunch
20 almonds and a shape delights yogurt (1/2 sin)

Tea is going to be cous cous and roasted Veg.

This morning I went to a boot camp session...very hard work, I could tell that I had been for a run last night.

It's good to be back in control of things, I hope I manage to stick with it.

KT

Urgh, got a feeling today is going to be hard. It's a beautiful day out, but I am feeling a tad under the weather. My running plan says 10 miles today, but I think I'll postpone that to tomorrow and go instead of boot camp.

So far I have had my skinny porridge, a banana, an apple and some fat free natural yogurt.

Katy

Today was actually easier than I thought it would be. I've had a few treats, but in total only 14 syns worth, so that ok.

This is new for me...fully using the syns allowance, because last time I did sw I stuck to just having 2 syns a day...in my evening hot chocolate. So it will be interesting to see how it works out.

I have to admit that it was nice having a choc chip cookie with my cuppa this morning (7 syns) and a chocolate coin with my coffee at Starbucks this afternoon (5 syns). Made me feel like I wasn't being a diet grouch!

I worked the syns out based on the "1-syn-per-20-calories-if-there-is-nothing-free-about-it" rule, which I have read on this forum somewhere...I hope that is the right way to do it!

Anyway, I now have 3 days to weigh in day, and they should be easy as I'm at work all three days and I find that better cos there is a routine.

And, as I didn't run today I have a long run to do tomorrow, a short and fast one on Tuesday and boot camp on Wednesday...so that's my evenings sorted too.

Katy
Xx

Today has been good, although I have eaten a lot of fruit. I know that technically its free, so it doesn't matter, but I don't want to stuff my face either!

So far I have had 1 sin, and I have a choc chip cookie at 7 sins to have in 2 hours when I get back from my run. Just off now, aiming for 10 miles tonight.

Katy
Xx

9.6 miles ran last night!

Today...knackered!

Had 5 sins so far, but have also had a lot of fruit. Not sure I truly believe that fruit can be totally free.

Spent the evening cooking lunches and dinners for the next 4 days! So that's me sorted till Sunday.

Katy
Xx

Today has been good, I had both hexa choices for the first time, and it was nice to have a bit of cheese.

This evening I have done boot camp, which I probably about 400 calories worth I reckon.

Weigh in tomorrow...I am a bit nervous now.

KT
Xx

So, weigh in this morning.

I have lost 5lbs! Woop Woop!

I am normally much slower than this on slimming world, so I guess its this much cos its the first week.

Weight now: 10:12.6
Goal weight: 10:00.0

I also have my dream weight: 9:07.0!

Thought I would set myself some interim targets, together with prizes to incentivise myself:

10:7.0 - massage
10:3.0 - a new tattoo
10:0.0 - a kindle

If I decide to go lower, I'll set targets then...its going to take a while to get to 10 stone I think.

Katy
Xx

So, last night I had a bit of a treat, but I'm back on it 100% now!

I had a bread roll with dinner, then a packet of quavers and a freddo! Over on syns I know, but I don't feel too bad, as I had a good week and I know I can get back on it today.

Going to aim for no syns all day today, as I am going out to friends' house tonight and I don't know what dinner will be. Sometimes its healthy, sometimes definitely not!

Today I am going on a walk this morning. Not far, only about 5 miles I think, but the weather is lovely, so I am looking forward to it.

Katy
Xx

5 mile walk, in lovely weather.

Just had lunch:

Carrot and pea pilaff.
Celery sticks, 45g reduced fat cheddar.
Muller light yogurt.

I've also eaten a few pieces of fruit today...

I know I need to drink more water, cos I haven't had much and I've done that walk...I'm going to rectify that now!

Katy
Xx

Hmmm, well I ate quite a lot of fruit in the end today. I know its free, but I still think I need to ensure I am not going mad on it...

Went out to friend's house for dinner. I almost never go out, so when I do I like to enjoy myself and not spend the evening worrying about weight and stuff.

So...

A small glass of red wine
A small amount of low fat twiglet style snacks
4 olives
2 of those small stuffed sweet peppers
3 slices French stick
Chicken fajita, with brown rice
A small slice of cheesecake

I have no idea what that all works out at with sins, but it is clearly well over! I will try to be low on sins for rest of week to compensate. I am aiming for a 12 mile run tomorrow, so that should use up some of it!

Katy
Xx

So, today so far so good...

Porridge and a banana for breakfast
Pear and banana as snack
Pasta with lemony lentils for lunch
Natural FF yogurt with melon and apple for dessert
20 almonds as snack

Pre-run carbs - an energy bar, I only have these when I know I am going to be running 10 or more miles, and I don't count them as the run uses up so much.

Going out for a run in 40 mins.

Katy.
Xx

It was a good weekend, I had about 11 sins on Saturday and 7 on Sunday.

Ready for the week ahead.

Katy
Xx

Hmmm, I'm getting nervous about weigh in this week. I don't feel like I have lost anything yet.

And today I have eaten a lot of fruit.

Also, I was supposed to go to boot camp this evening but was just not in the mood. Have settled down to read a book, but keep drifting off to sleep!

So my sins today are all as a result of almonds...I have 20 a day a a hexb choice, but today I just keep having more...I have no idea what that is in sins, but I'll guess about 10.

Oops...

KTxx

Clothes are a bit looser, but have gone over on sins a few days this week. Weigh in tomorrow, so we'll see...

Hey Katy!

You seem to be doing so well! It made me smile how you worried about posting too much on your first post... my diary is full of all of my waffling! I use the phone app too sometimes... its pretty good isnt it?

I bet youre feeling awesome that your clothes are getting bigger.. i bet you are loosing inches so dont be diheartened if the scales dont show all you have hoped for!

Let us know how youre getting on!

Kate x

Hi Kate, thanks for your reply!

So, didn't lose as much this week but that was to be expected. 1.4 lbs. Still in the right direction.

I didn't really do very well on Thursday or Friday though, so I am hoping that getting back on it for the rest of the week will counter the damage done!

For some reason I have struggled with tiredness this week. Hardly done any exercise as a result. But I realise this is a self fulfilling thing...too tired to exercise, don't exercise, don't get the rush of endorphins which wake you up, get more tired etc etc.

So this afternoon I am going to go for a 8 mile run. My number arrived today for the half marathon I am running in 2 weeks, so that has spurred me on a bit. And next Saturday I am running in a 10k race, so I need to get an extra bit of training in ready...

Here is to a good 5 days before next weigh in...

KT
Xx

Back