Every pound counts

nessa123

Gold Member
Just because you don't feel any differant it doesn't mean that your body isn't changing.
I have atleast a whopping 10 stone to lose and I have been monitoring my progress with pictures.
I have lost 2 stone so far and nothing feels differant to the point where sometimes i think what's the point?!
Well looking back at my pictures even I can see an obvious difference and it has given me the fire in my belly to make sure I do it this time.
I hate myself in these pictures but if posting them can help just one person stay focused on their dream then I will be happy.
It's a long journey when you have a lot to lose and the weight won't vanish over night but every pound you lose WILL make a difference.

Me at starting weight 23 stone 4lb
View attachment 56852

2 stone lighter,weighing 21 stone 3lb
View attachment 56856

I know what you mean nothing feels different for me. I feel slighly fitter due to exercise but I feel just as fat. You are brave with the pictures, I hate pictures being taken of me its probably been a fair while since I had any done. But you are doing really well :) And these pictures have shown me just how much 2 stone is and you can visably see the results.

xMariex said:
I know what you mean nothing feels different for me. I feel slighly fitter due to exercise but I feel just as fat. You are brave with the pictures, I hate pictures being taken of me its probably been a fair while since I had any done. But you are doing really well :) And these pictures have shown me just how much 2 stone is and you can visably see the results.

Thanks Hun and thanks for your kind words. I keep wondering how much I'm going to have to lose just to drop one dress size!! But I know the more I lose the quicker the dress sizes will drop off eventually its just frustrating at the start when you have so much to lose. I'm guessing by my pictures maybe another stone and I will drop a dress size which is encouraging. Good luck on your journey xxxx

wow well done Nessa, you are doing so well, two stone is a massive achievement, like I said to you on the other post sometimes we can see differences and other times I feel our poor body image clouds our judgement on the weight lost, sometimes I am like "wow you look so much better Emma" and the next I am like "you fat ugly cow Emma", I mean beating myself up all the time which is something I am trying to reduce although I fear I have got into a habit of doing it so it will take time to put it behind me. We are often far too hard on ourselves, any weight loss will make a difference, I know for me I have lost 1 st 5 lbs so far and my clothes are already too big on me and my face looks better already and my body is going in at the sides where it didn't before so I keep having to remind myself of the progress plus my health issues are improving I just wish I could feel like that everyday rather than some days being like my own abuser! Em xx

1978Emma said:
wow well done Nessa, you are doing so well, two stone is a massive achievement, like I said to you on the other post sometimes we can see differences and other times I feel our poor body image clouds our judgement on the weight lost, sometimes I am like "wow you look so much better Emma" and the next I am like "you fat ugly cow Emma", I mean beating myself up all the time which is something I am trying to reduce although I fear I have got into a habit of doing it so it will take time to put it behind me. We are often far too hard on ourselves, any weight loss will make a difference, I know for me I have lost 1 st 5 lbs so far and my clothes are already too big on me and my face looks better already and my body is going in at the sides where it didn't before so I keep having to remind myself of the progress plus my health issues are improving I just wish I could feel like that everyday rather than some days being like my own abuser! Em xx

You are doing great hun and soon some days will turn into most days and then most days will turn into everyday!! Xx

i nessa wow you are doing great with loss and im proud that your not scared to put yourself out there and show your pics and it great you go girl

xxchezzxx

chezz said:
i nessa wow you are doing great with loss and im proud that your not scared to put yourself out there and show your pics and it great you go girl

xxchezzxx

Thanks hun, that first pic makes me more determined to make sure I never ever go backwards. This is my 10th week and I've lost weight every week I want this so bad this time and I just hope I can help other people to keep going. Xx

nessa123

i feel the same as you ok last two weeks only been 1lb but im happy with that as long as its going down and not up im happy every week its gone down touch wood so i think we are both on the right road ............... i think its great your out there saying do not give in and i agree do not give up and showing your pics like i said is a added bonus for them well done on your journey so far

xxchezzxx

chezz said:
nessa123

i feel the same as you ok last two weeks only been 1lb but im happy with that as long as its going down and not up im happy every week its gone down touch wood so i think we are both on the right road ............... i think its great your out there saying do not give in and i agree do not give up and showing your pics like i said is a added bonus for them well done on your journey so far

xxchezzxx

Thanks Hun xx

your welcome hun x

xxchezzxx

Hi Nessa, you are really brave to post photos of you.. I admire your confidence :) You look so much healthier/happier in your second picture, your skin is glowing and you definitely can tell how much weight you have lost ..especially around your face area.

I keep wondering how much I'm going to have to lose just to drop one dress size!!

It depends, we are all different. After losing 2stone I was able to fit comfortably into my size 18 jeans again (I was a 20/22), I am now wearing a size 16 jeans and size 14 tops after losing just over 4 stone.. so that's 3 dress sizes.

I also don't feel like I have lost any weight, I look at myself still and feel fat.. Obviously I have because my jeans I was wearing 6months ago now look like clown pants on me and my t-shirts are like tents! I have found that thinking how many KGs I have lost helps me as I can relate to a bag of sugar, which would be 27.5kgs.. I can't believe that my body could carry all that extra weight on, I doubt I could lift that much weight either without giving myself an injury.

Losing weight isn't easy and it doesn't just happen like that, I prefer to tell people I am changing my life style because that's what needs to be done. Take it day by day, 1lb at a time and you will get to your goal weight. Set yourself mini targets and achieving those really does make it feel more rewarding and a lot less daunting than just thinking of the over all end goal.

You can do it :) x x

well done Nessa and so true what you said about some days becoming most days.

Pipaluk I think what you said is so true for many of us, even when faced with proof of weight loss, I think we still feel like the "fat" person, years ago I lost alot of weight but through a starvation diet, not a good thing for me I now realise and of course gained it all back and more besides but even when I got down in weight and could see how much I lost I still felt like the "fat girl", it was like my body might be slimmer but my head still thought I was the fat one. You have done mega well with your weight loss so far and I hope in time your head allows you to truly become the slimmer person both on the outside and inside, it is bound to take time to adjust, losing weight is such a big thing for anyone to do.

Em xx

hi em

yes so true that in time we will see our new bodys it just takes our minds alot of time to catch up

xxchezzxx

Hi Nessa, Hats off to you, you've done brilliantly & you are so right every 1lb really does count, whether the losses are fast or slow its going in the right direction :)

DeeOne said:
Hi Nessa, Hats off to you, you've done brilliantly & you are so right every 1lb really does count, whether the losses are fast or slow its going in the right direction :)

Thankyou Dee xx

Back