• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Exante and surgery

Tinkerbellarella

overworked underpaid mum!
Hey all, hope to be joining u all soon as i need to still lose weight. But i have surgery (hernia op) coming up. Why do i have to wait 12 weeks after surgery? Can't i do it after 4? And if i start before, how long before surgery would i have to give it up? Anyone have any idea? It is a general jobbie, massive umbilical hernia repair.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Tinkerbellarella

overworked underpaid mum!
Okies thanks, just wondered if anyone else had had sugery and done the plan. Will email rhem directly.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

Mamakash

ONE HOT MAMA
Hi I did the plan before surgery and started again 10 days after it. Three hour op this time ( had three this year).

The official line will certainly be NO ! However I know in hospital they were giving me very similar food replacement drinks ( disgusting by the way) and nutritionally poor food.

I was a little concerned about ketosis putting a strain on my body and the healing but personally been ok. I have told nurses what I was doing and been monitoring myself very carefully and having an extra bar or shake or 1/2 of one if I felt tired.

Terribly hard decision but I would discuss with hospital and also see how you feel. Maybe WS is a good compromise for a few weeks .

I feel great by the way now but that is me and most of my weight gain was due to the illness and 6 hospital stays in 12 months. X