Exante and surgery

Discussion in 'Exante - Total Solution 100%' started by Tinkerbellarella, 27 July 2011 Social URL.

1. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella overworked underpaid mum!

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE plan now Exante TS
    Hey all, hope to be joining u all soon as i need to still lose weight. But i have surgery (hernia op) coming up. Why do i have to wait 12 weeks after surgery? Can't i do it after 4? And if i start before, how long before surgery would i have to give it up? Anyone have any idea? It is a general jobbie, massive umbilical hernia repair.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I think to be honest you would be better contacting Exante direct for this one.

4. Tinkerbellarella

Tinkerbellarella overworked underpaid mum!

Start Weight:
    18st8lb
    Current Weight:
    11st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    6st13lb(37.31%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE plan now Exante TS
    Okies thanks, just wondered if anyone else had had sugery and done the plan. Will email rhem directly.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins *5st of me gone since 03/01/2011* and a total of 6st since the birth of my youngest, Oakley Storm :)

5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    When its something as important as this its probably best but do let us know what they say :)

6. Mamakash

Mamakash ONE HOT MAMA

Start Weight:
    13st3lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(4.32%)
    Diet:
    exante
    Hi I did the plan before surgery and started again 10 days after it. Three hour op this time ( had three this year).

The official line will certainly be NO ! However I know in hospital they were giving me very similar food replacement drinks ( disgusting by the way) and nutritionally poor food.

I was a little concerned about ketosis putting a strain on my body and the healing but personally been ok. I have told nurses what I was doing and been monitoring myself very carefully and having an extra bar or shake or 1/2 of one if I felt tired.

Terribly hard decision but I would discuss with hospital and also see how you feel. Maybe WS is a good compromise for a few weeks .

I feel great by the way now but that is me and most of my weight gain was due to the illness and 6 hospital stays in 12 months. X

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.