• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Exante/Atkins Induction - Introduction ;)

Lindopski

Silver Member
Hello Atkins folks

I am doing the Exante diet - now on week 6 but have decided to have a break from shakes for the xmas period at least.
I am currently trying to stick to low carbs and the atkins induction phase seems great - I think its also keeping me in ketosis (another bonus).

I have avoided carbs now for 6 weeks and dont miss them at all, my gout is playing up a lot of late but that is probably down the the VLCD - Gout hates them.

Now, Induction phase !
Whats good to stick to, it would be nice to see some results on induction as well if possible and you guys may know the best grub to have in the larder :)

I'm pretty well disciplined so should be ok at sticking to it - though Xmas day is scratched off as a naughty day already. I have decided to drive on New Year and drink Coke Zero - however on Atkins you may get away with general diet drinks - Im not sure.

My main goal is to lose abou 15 stone eventually - Ive killed off 3 of that in the first 6 weeks - will be good to carry that on.

Are there any induction recepies that are really nice, or nice low carb things to snack on ?

:D

x
Andy

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

4isnotenough

After doing a VLCD don't be surprised when you switch to Atkins the frat couple days you will gain - I did BUT it fell off again in a couple dys it's just because food is bulkier than shakes.

There's a section for recipes which is good. My gave is definitely chicken stuffed with cheese wrapped in a nice flavoured bacon.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Lindopski

Silver Member
Chicken Stuffed with Cheese and wrapped in bacon

Flipping heck!!

Ill be having that :D
mm

any more recommendations ?

shellsmithcat

Silver Member
One of my favourite meals is fried bacon with spring onion until soft - 1/4 some button mushrooms - cook for another min then add courgette ribbons (done with potato peeler) fry for another min then add 30mls double cream and about 15-20 g boursoin - love it - had it 2 days in a row now lol x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kat1e

This is for life
Hi and welcome:D. Lots of lovely recipes - just take a wander through the recipe thread for all our favourites. Also take a look at the sticky - so your thinking of starting atkins - lists all the induction food and then it's really easy to stick too

Lindopski

Silver Member
MM more tasty things :)

I have some mushrooms but my bacon got scoffed the other night ;)
I did have double cream but my friend Chris called around and put some in his Coffee and then put it away - In the cupboard???, I found it last night (yuk).

Ill have a good nose through the recipes and print some out to have a go at a few.

I do flit between low carb VLCD and low carb normal diet a bit, but so long as I am losing - I don't care :D

Christmas 2012 - Ill be thin as a lat :)

boggins

Silver Member
Cream in the cupboard?! Is the toothpaste in the fridge? :D ;)

Alpaca

Gold Member
Good luck with it Andy! Hope you have fun experimenting with all the lovely Atkins recipes :)